Forum home Product Tests Product tests
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lyclear Head Lice Treatment Shampoo: the feedback thread

Replies

• Options

imageI used lyclear for myself and my5 year old, she is a super sensitive kid, wont let me use anything other then her normal shampoo, as apparently either they smell yucky, they feel yucky, it has been very hard in the past to treat her for nits, and I absolutely hated the struggle even worst when i had to repeat the procedure as its not so effective in one go

with lyclear I easily convinced her to apply it as it smelled nice, didnt feel yucky according to my little girl, you only need to apply for 20 minutes so i let her soak in the bath with her bath bombs and while she was busy playing i used the nit comb with long teeth which is a life saver, honestly in the past i have struggled  so much with plastic combs and it helps clear the eggs as well so hopefully once her hair are dry i ll hand pick the rest but i still cant believe we are over and done with in no time and little fuss from my girl

the product also comes with very clear instructions so even better and a bottle that holds upto 4 doses, i would definitely recommend lyclear to my friends and my family For ease of use, value of money and quality of the product

• Options

we're using lyclear to treat my 13 year old daughter. When it arrived, we were pleased to see that the comb was included. 

The solution was easy to use, but combing through afterwards was difficult with long hair, even though it was tangle free before we started. 

The solution appears to have eliminated all lice and eggs with just one application. 

My daughter has sensitive skin, but there was no irritation .

Hair was left in lovely soft condition, with no nasty chemical smell afterwards.

[Additional comments provided from tester via email, posted by MFMHQ]

Yes I would recommend lyclear to other parents. It eradicated the lice with one use, and they haven't returned. Make sure hair is 100% tangle free before use !!

• Options

imageimage

My 4.5 year old caught severe headlice while we were away for holidays. Oh the joy of travelling! I applied for the Lyclear Trial and I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the testers. 

I would like to say the best part of application was that it does not carry any smell or leave any residue. The box comes with instructions which are detailed. The product itself is very easy to use. I originally noticed a few white particles when it was over time but they washed away and no residue was left behind. My daughter’s head was full of knits and lices,big and small. I’m very impressed to say after the correct use,95% of her hairs were clean. I think this product requires more than one application if the case is severe like my daughter’s. The product is cheaper than other brands available in the market and the bottle can last 3 applications which is great. The comb is very handy and it helps clear up the lice and catches even the smallest of knits.

I would like to say I found using the comb after washing the hairs better than before washing but it could be my personal preference. 

I would definitely recommend this product to other parents who are after a good quality treatment at an affordable price!image

• Options

Wow! So I requested to join the panel to review this product because it's a long time since I've had any kind of experience with nits. I think the last time was when I, myself had nits at the age of 6!! I won't disclose how long ago that was though haha! All I remember was the most horrendous smell and having to run round the garden for hours with my hair in a top knot waiting for the treatment to work. I remember the product making my eyes water and being so ashamed that I had to go to school the next day and the smell would linger for a week! 

I was so apprehensive to put my own 8 year old through the same shame so I opened the product with much trepidation. To my absolute delight it was practically odourless!! 

Unfortunately, myself, my partner and our 8 year old were all in the nits club so knowing the smell wasn't so bad meant even the big tough man of the house didn't mind having it on his sensitive scalp. 

We followed the instructions to the letter and it was pretty easy to use. The green comb is a breath of fresh air compared to the white ones I remember that my mum used to get stuck in my hair. (By the end of her torture there was normally hardly any white bristles left) The green comb was easy to rinse out although slightly harder to see the little nasties but that could just be my aging eye sight.

The treatment worked first time. There was no smell, no stinging and no lingering odour. They had been vacated within an hour!! 

There were a few white empty eggs left in the hair but no visible lice and the white eggs continued to rinse out over the coming days.

We were really impressed with this treatment and would definitely recommend it to other families.

The £14.99 price tag is a little steep but the bottle did the whole family easily and with one treatment so very good value for money in the grand scheme of things.

• Options

Daughters hair during treatment. 

• Options

I was treating myself and 3 girls age 12, 7 and 3. 
    I really wanted to like this product. The shampoo format is great. Easy to apply easy to washout, smells ok and leaves the hair shiny however it didn’t appear to work.

Plenty of product was applied to the hair. Used the supplied comb to go through the hair, left the product on for 15 minutes and was still combing out live lice. Applied more product left for longer, Followed the instructions with regards to treatment and decontamination of the area and we still had head lice. Have since used another prod to get rid.

I am so disappointed with the product. Would not recommend to others

• Options

This is my daughter Mia aged 10 who the shampoo was for. It’s a lot better than the last one I used which was vamousse that had an awful smell and stayed on your fingers for ages.   It also stayed on mias hair for ages the smell. She said her hair was only itching a little bit. She has head lice for ages so only time will tell if it clears it all up. There is still some of the shampoo left to use again which I’m really happy about as the vamousse was expensive at 15 pound. Thank you for this opportunity to try this product image

• Options

Hello I’m Bev and I was treating my little girl who is 3 in June.

i found that if I parted her hair from top to bottom adding as I go works best otherwise I miss bits and there weee dry patches. I couldn’t really smell the product and with having a two year old that hates bad smell it’s alwas a bonus. i Love it being a shampoo as I would normally wash hair after any treatment so cuts the process down for me and saves time.

After going through her hair again when we had washed it out(I know there was no need but wanted to just check) I knew that the job was done!! She has really light hair when dry and I couldn’t find I thing.

i would 1000% recommend as I’ve never been able to find I treatment that works first time, I’m so thankful that you let me test this out, Iam now a lyclear shampoo customer!

Bev 🥳image

• Options

fantastic, I treated my five yr old daughter , I wasn't very optimistic on this working but I'm very impressed, the product is easy and simple to use leaves hardly any residue leaving the hair clean and shiny, not only that the comb glides through the hair with ease!

I'm a new fan and will be coming back to lyclear in the future for all three of my daughters.

Yes I would totally I would recommend lyclear to any parent!  unlike most this doesnt leave that gross out greasy feeling, it leave there hair smelling nice, and clears the hair of them little buggers within under 30 mins! I will always recommend lyclear to any parent who wants the best and and safest for there children without the tears that would usually follow!  

• Options

1. Who am I treating  

I treated my 3 children aged 2, 4 and 11. and myself! 

2. What did we think of the shampoo?

I thought the shampoo was really thick solution and easier to manage than other nit treatments on the market. It didn't have an unpleasant strong smell either. I would recommend that hair is brushed and combed beforehand and sectioned many times though as once the shampoo is on it is difficult to comb through. 

3. How effective is Lyclear Treatment?

With my younger children who have fine hair it worked great in removing lice and eggs however my eldest has very thick hair, like wire, (hair dresser hates cutting it!) hers I found it to be much more difficult to remove nits and eggs and have had to treat her 3 times to get close.

4. Would you recommend Lyclear Treatment Shampoo?

YES! It is much quicker to use than other treatments, it doent leave marks on clothing if spilt, it isn't slimy and doesn't leave hair greasy!

• Options

Hi tried The shampoo worked really well would definitely recommend to friends left dahmia’s Hair soft and shiny.image

• Options

Fantastic product

great results 100% happy no more nits no more eggs and a very happy daughter and mum. We would definitely recommend it to everyone. 

I treated my 10 year old daughter who has long hair and myself aged 39.  We thought that the shampoo treatment was easy to use and very effective and would recommend this to friends and family. 

Thankyou mfm

• Options

I was treating myself and my 10 year old daughter.

It was very easy to apply and much easier to remove than lotion version. Add a little water and lather up then rinse like normal shampoo

Appears to be effective although. No sign of any lice or nits a few days post treatment 

I would definitely recommend as it is easy to use as well as effective. As I said previously, lotions although effective take forever to wash out and end up using loads of shampoo trying to get rid of greasy look but the Lyclear Shampoo washes out easily without reducing the effectiveness 

• Options

imageforgot to take photo when on but here is a post treatment photo. Soft and shiny with no sign of lice

• Options

I treated my 4 year old daughter. I found the product very easy use with clear easy to follow instructions. I particularly liked the pointy nosel which made it very easy to apply. 

I found the smell quite nice & not at all chemically, previous products I’ve tried have caused stinging eyes just from the smell! My daughter isn‘t a fan of hair washing in general so I was amazed to see she fussed very little while being treated so i’ll take that as a thumbs up from her! 

I am super impressed with the comb, the long teeth are very efficient at removing the lice & eggs & it glided through my daughters hair with ease! While I will need to comb a few more times to be safe I’m confident it worked!

I would 100% recommend this product to anyone who is unlucky enough to have to deal with these horrible critters!  image

• Options

1. Treating my daughter age 3
    2. So easy to use, and it didn't smell disgusting. She did not mind it on her head
    3. It got rid of everything
    4. Yes, easy to use, nice smell, effective

• Options

imageimage1)This is my son he's 6 years old. Thomas.

2)Very good shampoo. Easy to apply and no nasty smell. No complaining from him. 

3)Found to be very affected. After following the instructions and using the nit comb we got rid of all the eggs and lice. (I when and checked again but couldn't find anything).

4)Would definitely recommend to others as it was easy to use and follow. No nasty smells and did as it says. Got rid of the eggs and lice. 

• Options

I was treating my entire family. I my daughter who is 7 . She has very long  hair and we have struggled to kill all those lice and eggs in the past.

Used the Lyclear shampoo. I am actually really very surprised at how well this works!! Easy to apply and easy to lather and wash out. Only had it on for about 20 mins and washed off with amazing results. 

Her head is free of lice and most of the eggs. The shampoo also helps to loosen the eggs from the hair (she has a lot of hair so I gotta go back in and finger pick them out). 

This is the first lice treatment that has actually done the job first try! Before i buy all shampoo what you can find but no result like Lyclear trust its the best product.   

• Options

I used to on my 5 year old twins. I thought it was a nice smell. However, not being able to see the level on the side of the bottle meant that I think I used too much on them as I found it incredibly hard to use the comb through their very long hair.. despite detangling prior to application. 

That said I found it very easy to wash out after the 15 minutes...I do prefer a comb with smaller gaps to trap baby nits which was necessary in a follow up session so presumably the eggs were missed imageimagewith the comb provided

Overall compared to another product it was easier. ..though I couldn't confirm if any more or less effective and I think the comb size is more of a factor than Lyclear itself

I would recommend just for the preference of a nicer smell and it was very easy to wash off ( other product takes a lot of washing and rinsing)

• Options

Hi everyone, thank you all for taking part in this product test, leaving your feedback and posting your pictures. The winner of the voucher will be announced next week. 

Thanks again everyone - we're going to lock this thread now as the product test is now closed.