Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The bedtime book that sends your child to sleep 'in minutes': try it out for us?

2»

Replies

• Options

Well!! I read the book last night and was very unsure about it, my son Is 4 and although he is a good sleeper when he is asleep it takes a while to get him to sleep. 

Mi read the story and my son kept asking when is it going to finish and fidgeting etc. When it got to the point where it was saying about your body being heavy I was amazed as he stopped fidgeting straight away and his eyes were rolling and he was yawning away. At the end of the book although henlooked very much awake next thing I knew he'd rolled over and fallen asleep. 

My son struggles at school with his behaviour and gets worse imt he afternoon as he's getting tired, he has a behaviour chart at school and today is the first time he has had a whole day of smiley faces :-) 

however I do think I will struggle to read it every night as he is used to a different story every night 

xx

• Options

I got my copy a few days ago, it didn't seem to do much for my 9 month old, but she's probably a bit young.  When I read it to my 7 year old, he too wanted to look at the pictures, and check if it really did say his name (it obviously didn't!).  I agree it doesn't exactly flow easily when you read it aloud, but that said, all the yawning and emphasising 'go to sleep now' did seem to make him less fidgety than usual, and whilst he didn't fall asleep whilst we were reading it, he did seem to drop off quicker than usual afterwards.  It also made me fell drowsy, I think it was all the yawning!!

• Options

Thanks so much for your lovely detailed feedback, everyone. Much appreciated!

• Options

One year old twins who just want to play..... could this be the answer to our prayers? Love to try please x

• Options

Hi lia111111, welcome to MadeForMums! Unfortunately this product test closed a while ago, but do keep your eyes on our Latest Posts as we often have other product tests happening for all sorts of products.