Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bed times?

2»

Replies

• Options
    just curious, how many of you with early bedtimes for your lo's enforce them at the weekend too. I personally would find a 6.30pm beadtime too restricting to our lifestyle during the week let alone at the weekend but can understand if kids have to get up for school or go to nursery etc so wondered if there was any leeway during weekends??? Also what do you do if you are out at that time, do you rish home or is it more relaxed than that. Just cusious as will be returing to work in the new year & am thinking if lo's routine needs adjusting.

At the moment lo goes down at around 8pm as he has his dinner at around 7 (bottle & small mush feed as he is 19 weeks only!) & I let him digest it for an hour & he wakes around 6.30am most days which wil be fine for when he goes to nursery, enough time to feed, dress & get him there for 9am.
  • Options
    hi,mine is 12 months he goes to bed around 8.00-8.30 and wakes up at 7-7.30....If he is very tired I put him to bed earlier...i used to put him to bed earlier but then he would wake up at 6.00-6.30...He goes to bed again around 10am and sleeps 1.5hours plus afternoon nap...
  • Options
    hi ya well both my two eldest have strict bedtime routine during week due to school but weekends its differant they sometimes stay up bit later depending wot we r doing and how tired they r this is fine as long as they now that during the week it goes back to normal time .
  • Options
    same as mine he has at least 3 naps in between breakfast & dinner & his morning one is usually about 1 1/2 hrs with the other 2 between 30mins & an hour each
  • Options
    We use exactly the same routine at weekends as we do dring the week. She gets up at 9am, has a nap from 3.30pm-5.30pm (sometimes she'll sleep on to 6pm if shes had a busy morning) & then bed for 9pm.

Hilary x
  • Options
    I have had some luck with my lo, the last couple of nights I have been putting her to bed 8.30-9pm and shes getting up between 7-8. I agree though at weekends the routine gets a bit lazy x
  • Options
    you guys are all so fortunate!!my almost 3 yr old is up til at least 9, sometimes 10, without having a daytime nap, then gets up at 7am most mornings!!
  • Options
    I'd say don't worry too much in the early years about times as when they nap during the day still it can be hit and miss!! As long as there's some sort of routine each nite, I think that gets them used to bedtime coming so can make it a little easier if u need to start changing it to an earlier time - especially when they start nursery/school.
    My girls are 7 and 6 and my boys 3 and 7months - we have found it much easier to get the girls in bed first, usually about 7/7.30pm, then sort the boys out as they both tend to have a bottle of milk b4 bed. All 4 are usually tucked up in bed no l8r than 8pm........and get up anytime from 5.30am - 7am!!! We also discovered it made no difference putting them all to bed l8r as they still get up at the same times but are as cranky as hell all day!!!