Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2017 Toddlers

2»

Replies

• Options

Danielle thank you sooo much for Natalie's present 😍 Just came this morning!! I know the feeling Bubbamumma, where did the time go?? 🙈❤ Here is a pic of Natalie with her new book 💖image

• Options

How cute 😍😍

I did mean to say before Danielle, thank you so much for Harrison's book - we absolutely love elephants! 

Harrison is now 1 - who'd have thought he'd be such a loving, clever, gorgeous boy already?! We had a party for him, it was so hot but we all had a lovely time! 

• Options

Natalie looks like she loves the book ❤️ 

We've been lucky with the weather for all the birthdays, definitely better than rain even if the heat makes me even more tired than usual.

I feel the same bubba. I can't believe she was ever that small. In one way it feels like she has been part of our lives forever and can't even remember what life was like without her. But then it still feels like only a couple of weeks ago that I was heading to hospital in labour.

I wish everyone else would update here - I want to know how all the other April Mommy's and babies are doing!

• Options

Hey how is everyone doing 😀 hope all toddlers are doing well.. can't believe we all have toddlers now.. this time last year we were still introducing our newborns.

Anyone else getting broody again?

• Options

I am sooooo broody Campbello! 🤣 really want to be pregnant again but I am still breastfeeding so my periods haven't come back yet 😥 My day off work with Natalie today so just enjoying a cuddle whilst she snoozes 😊 Question for you all...are your babes walking yet? Natalie is still happy to scoot about on her bum with no interest in standing 🙈 Hope you are all well x

• Options

Aww that's lovely.. jay stopped breastfeeding a week after his 1st birthday.. 

Yea jay took his first steps at 10.5 months but only got his confidence a few days before his birthday 14 months today and you couldnt watch him 🙈 he is a cheeky wee pup too lol

• Options

Hi all!!! 

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not broody at all ha ha!!!! I absolutely love being a mummy, but couldn't imagine having another! 

Harrison found his feet just around 11 months, and was confidently walking by 12 months. He did realise after his first steps that it was quicker to keep crawling though, so maybe that's the case with the bum scooting! 

Harrison doesn't say many words yet though, he tends to point at things or lead me places when he wants something! We do need to get them together! All he will say is 'dad-dad' 'mummmmyyyyyy' 'hiya' 'more' 'tax 'bye' and 'booooooo!' He'll get there though! 

• Options

Awww happy 14 months Jay!! 😚 haha Bubbamumma I get why the thought of 2 would make you feel like that!! 🤣🤣 I think at this stage I have forgotten all my bad pregnancy moments and just want to go through it all again 🤣🤣 

Harrison seems to be saying a lot to me! Natalie is only saying no 🤣, dada, mama, hiya and a couple of words in Spanish (we speak Spanish at home). Yeah hoping she'll start walking soon as she just wants me to carry her and she is quite heavy! She goes to nursery 2 days a week now so hopefully seeing the others walk/crawl might help 🤔

Xxxx

• Options

Hi ladies!

Bethan started walking a week after her birthday but I know lots of babies around her age that aren't quite there yet. It does seem easier in a way to just scoot about on your bum and if it gets you from A to B then why bother trying anything else?

She is doing really well with her words as well. She says mom-meeeee a lot but I don't think she realises I'm mommy, because she sometimes calls Ian that. I think mommy and daddy both just mean 'oi I want something' to her. She says 'duck', 'cat', 'bunny', 'dog', 'pig', 'hello', 'bye bye', 'shoe' and 'boo' really clearly, and she refers to her childminders by name. Apparently she called one of them 'cheeky' yesterday! She understand 2 colours and will bring you yellow things and say 'yellow' or the same with pink. Also she runs around saying 'bex' all the time and I have literally no idea what she is going on about.

You're not the only one who's not broody bubba! I definitely would not want another now but we have started talking about maybe having another in a couple of years. Unfortunately I'm not really sure we can afford a second. Even if we wait until Bethan gets her 30 hours free childcare we will still be paying £1600 a month childcare for 2 kids and I don't see how that is in any way affordable :-(

• Options

Pzapi, a bilingual bubba 😍😍😍😍 How amazing!!!! 

Jojo, the cost of childcare is one of the things that puts me off having a second! 

• Options

Announcement! 
    Want to ask a sleep expert a question? Please tell us on this other thread your question and we'll put it to them!