Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do ovulation sticks get darker the nearer ovulation gets?

Replies

• Options
    Came off the pill six weeks ago to ttc #3 but haven't had a period yet. Been doing ovulation tests (just in case) amd they started off really faint but the two i done last night and this morning were the darkest I've seen them so we bd ealier today just in case!! As i'm awake due to illness i decided to do another since i was up anyway, and it's faint again! What is going on?? Anyone else the same??
  • Options

Jacky - if you had 1 or 2 dark ones and now a faint, it probably means you've ovulated. They just detect a spike in the hormone so they should only be dark for one or two days and then the line should get fainter or disappear as the hormone decreases back down again. Bd again today if you can and fc for 2 weeks time.

• Options
    MrsU- Even if they weren't as dark as the control line??
  • Options
    Also for two days i had a dull ache down below on the right, i'm assuming they were ovulation pains!! It's been so long since i had a period i forget what it feels like image
  • Options

Well they're supposed to be as dark or darker arent they but I'm not sure now. If it was nearly as dark, then maybe you did ov. Best to bd just in case!!

• Options
    Test line darker than, but not as thick as reference line???   We are using First Response 'easy read ovulation tests' and there is no doubt that our tests lines have gotten progressively darker over the past three days. Today, the right half of the test line is obviously darker than the reference line, but the left side of the test line is not as dark as the reference line. Has anyone ever encountered this? Does the test line have to be just as dark or darker than the reference line AND be just as thick in order to indicate an LH surge? I wish these 'easy to read' ovulation tests were easier to read!  I would love to read your input on this, ladies. Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    My last two positive test's had a little dark streak on the test line on the left hand side. The test line still wasn't as dark as the control line but it didn't look as if it could get any darker if you get me!! After the two positive's it got faint again and now it's nearly none existent. And darkness is a positive image
  • Options
    Sorry, Any darkness is a positive image
  • Options
    My last two positive test's had a little dark streak on the test line on the left hand side. The test line still wasn't as dark as the control line but it didn't look as if it could get any darker if you get me!! After the two positive's it got faint again and now it's nearly none existent. And darkness is a positive image
  • Options

help just got implant out and have been, doing ovulation test since have had two day of very clear but faint lines but today there gone whats going on

there only cheap ones from amazon really worried i havent ovulated as doctor told me ovulation normally occours within 6 hours of impant removal and thats when i got my first faint line need help first ttc and worrying xxx

• Options

I've been doing a home test I've done it for the past 4 days and the test line has been really faint from day one do I carry on doing test each till its brighter or has my ovulation window finished

• Options
    I am 35 and have been trying for my 3rd for 5 months now. I am extremely regular, every 28 days! My new husband has no kids of his own and wants one so bad!!! I started testing this month on day 8 and have gotten a light pink stripe every day since. It is day 11 now. I don't understand this thing at all I thought you were only to get a line 24-48 hours before you ovulate. Just in case, we have been making love every night and for the last 3 days twice a day! I hope this works. I have been keeping calm so I don't stress. Also he cut alcohol out this month because I heard it can make his swimmers lazy. Any help u can give me would be great! Ty
  • Options
    I started testing on day 8. I had a faint line that whole time till last night day 14! And it is still dark tonight! I have cramps and my cervix is swollen and sensitive so hopefully I am ovulating!!! My Dr told me, last I was in, that your cervix swells when u ovulate. Crossing fingers. Only problem is I am very sensitive during intercourse.
  • Options

I had a dark line for the first day i tested not that much lighter than the control line but then the next day hardly a line at all, I am not sure if I missed ovulation or if its just a bit random with these tests. part of me hopes it has already happened as my husband is away at the moment so if I ovulate two weeks after the start of af I will have no chance of getting pregnant this month but if I have ovulated just a week and a few days after the start of af then it might have been perfect timing!! Fingers crossed.

Has anyone else had the line go from dark to faint before they ovulated? Does anyone know if you can ovulate just a week after your af?

I don't know if I have missed my ovulation or not.

Great now I have two tests to get stressed about lol image

• Options

Hello. My boyfriend and I had intercourse on Saturday and Sunday. Monday I took an ovulation test and it had a fainter blue line than the control line. These were cheap equate brand tests. We did not have intercourse on that day but we did again on the next day, Tuesday. I experienced cramping on Thursday that lasted for a few hours. I am confused was that ovulation? I had a very small amount of brown discharge when wiping. I have a 4 year old girl and he does not have any children. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?! Thank you!

• Options

i have used the ovulation test an the test line is a tiny bit lighter the the control window unsure if thats a positive that I'm ovulating 

• Options

Ive been taking the first response ovulation kit for the past 5 days now both lines show up but they are a lightish dark colour if that makes sense how would I know when its a positive all 5 test almost look similar 

• Options

Can any one help me I have already ovulated but my opk are still quite strong is there a reason for this AF should be tomorrow /sunday

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129663.jpg

• Options

I need some help guys!! I've been trying to conceive for the past two weeks now and I was due to ovulate today. I took a cheap ovulation strip and the control line was a dark pink but the other was a really faint, hardly visible pink color. what does this mean???

• Options

Hi everyone! Jus read a few of the comments here. Im new.. ;) we have been trying for about a yr now. And we have only now begun doing ovulation tests and charting. Alot of work. Dedication lol. But worth it. I see alot of ppl using diff brands of tests. .. i get mine at the Dollar Tree. Cant beat that price. And ive never had an invalid test. Im not sure if im catching this one before or after ovulation.. but ive got a faint 2nd strip... bout half the color. I dnt know much about the tests... and they dnt have alot of info on em. Haha. But is it normal to have any kind of color after ovulation on a strip??image