Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else on their first month of TTC...?

13»

Replies

• Options
    Hi ladies!
    I'm in same boat as well. 1st month of ttc!
    Came off pill in may and af was 25th june which worked out as a 28 cd never been that before so not sure how reliable an ov calculator would be so was going to see for a couple of month while cd settled itself out.
    Anyway checking cm everyday and it's gettin to the ew stage so reckon i'm ov soon which would give me approx 34 cd which is much more in line with what I've been when not on pill so bd'g as much as poss!
    Trying to hold off on opk's at the moment.....def interesting learning more about your own body!
    It's all very exciting though....fingers and toes crossed for all!xxx
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm also in my first month of ttc and am already confused! When you count your days after stopping the pill are you counting day 1 from first day of withdrawal bleed or first day after stopping pill? I finished my bcp end of June, had my withdrawal bleed as normal but now haven't any idea what to expect! X
    I f
  • Options
    Hi Luckstar, your cd1 will be first day of af.x still quite harde to work out how long cycles are after coming off pill.
    Im on first month and thought i had 28day cycle but on cd16 and still no ov so god knows..lol.x
    Good luck.x
  • Options
    Hi Luckystar109

If I remember rightly I started day 1 on the day of my withdrawal bleed then 28 days later had AF on 25th June although thinking about it now if I'd started day 1 on the day after finishing my pill I'd probably have a 32CD which is more inline in what I think current cycle is after checking CM etc.

Oooh now i'm not so sure what day you start from! x
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, it's so confusing!! I've spent past 10 years worrying about getting pregnant and now I want to I'll worry it'll take ages! at the moment were just seeing what happens and being quite chilled with it all...wonder how long that will last!! image xx
  • Options
    I know what you mean luckystar, spent years being so careful not to get pg, now it turns out it's not that easy!

I can't help on the pill thing I'm afraid, been years since I took them but seem to remember having regular cycles straight away. I say keep at it all this month so you're covered whenever you ov!

Cd 13 of 28 today for me...
  • Options
    8\)Excellent a testing buddy! Woo hoo! How's things going with you? I'm symptom spotting like crazy at the moment, but I'm trying to stay calm about it although I can't help getting carried away. Just read through some of the posts on here and the ladies who have got their BFP's and I just can't imagine that could be me one day soon (although I hope that it's this month!). Having a few weird cramps today a bit like you get maybe the day before AF due but I'm hoping that's not coming early - I'm not due till next week. Really hope that one of us has managed to get lucky on first month TTC! Baby dust to everyone x x x

It's going good hun, me and hubs have been BDing like crazy, not entirely sure when my most fertile days are, or have been, we are just totally letting everything take it's course naturally, there have only been 2 days so far when we haven't BD'd mainly due to long work days and being shattered hee hee, I have this 'full' feeling inside me and have done for the last week and a half or so, haven't had too much sicky feelings but my crampy pains are still around, I got a couple of really bad, brief crippling pains in my left side on Sunday, was wondering if that could be something nestling in to place...I so hope it was....I am crossing fingers and toes someone gets lucky in the first month.

xx
  • Options
    hey
    me me I got lucky! I got my BFP on my holiday this week - just got back today and took another test and cant quite believe it to be honest. Was our 1st mth ttc and didnt expect it at all. I came of the pill in May and had my first proper AF in June so wasnt quite sure how long my cycles were. I based it on 28 days which now is a god send as it turned out to be spot on, The cramping is a good sign my doc told me today. When are u girls testing? I took a test 2 days before when i thought AF was due and nothing. 2 days later and i got my BFP. Im keeping everything crossed for you all xxx
  • Options
    congrats poppy!!! Lucky you!!

I was same as you.....came off pill in May first proper AF in June so based this CD on 28 but think i've missed ov as more like 34 based on CM etc and no BD this week. AF due next friday on 28CD....you never know though ha!
  • Options
    Hi Nicnol,
    Aw thanks! No you really never know! I thought my cycle may take a while to get back into the swing of things so was v surprised. Only just over a week for you - my fingers are crossed hun! x
  • Options
    Oh my god poppy144 that is such brilliant news! I'm so so pleased for you! image I'm not due AF till next Thursday or Friday so gonna try and wait till then before I can do a test - although I have already bought some preg tests - I'm just hoping to get a chance to use them this month! I've been symptom spotting like mad - it's just crazy! I promised myself I would try and remain calm and relatively normal about this ttc lark, but it doesn't seem to be happening! Hehe! So far boobs look bigger and aerola looks slightly darker (tmi I know!), had cramps yesterday - a bit like AF was coming but nothing happened. However, all of these could just be sing my AF is on its way next week.

Hope your bring the thread some good luck poppy144! Hope some of us get to join you in the other forums! x x x