Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does everyone do for a living?

13»

Replies

• Options
    Im an ODA in an operating theatre so god help me if I do manage to get pregnant with all that burning flesh from the diathermy forceps and all that blood and gore lol
    xxx
  • Options
    Tell me about it babymonkey! Our ITU is right next to theatres, and whenever someone comes through the doors when they are doing diathermy, it makes our unit smell awful for ages! I can't stand it, and im not even PG yet!!
    Topbird xx
  • Options
    SRM - am going to be unbearably cheeky and ask if you ever commission pieces from freelancers....?
  • Options
    Think I could cope with the diathermy smell, its the regen trolley for dinner that turns my stomach over at the moment. Well that and some patients!!!When I was pg the worst smell was emptying catheter night bags!!-had to do it in the sluice so I could retch in the sink!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I think the worst has to be an abdo perineal op that I was present at the other day. Lets just say the poor soul hadnt opened their bowel for a very very long time.
    Talk about retch! Even the surgeon was trying to hold back lol.
  • Options
    I'm a housing officer for a large housing association but as of the 30th i'll be a homeownership officer in said organisation.
    Its a fun job, bit stressful with the credit crunch people cant pay their rent then i feel mean for having to evict them ! but it evens out with all the people in need who i manage to house in nice cheap houses (seriously ??85 per week for a 4 bed house!!!).

Ideal job would be to run a riding school for disabled children.
  • Options
    Hiya, I'm an Optician, I quite enjoy it most days, the hours aren't bad, but I do have to work saturdays which is a bummer!

If money were no object then without a doubt I'd be a crazy cat lady with a houseful of siamese cats, pretending to breed them to sell but really keeping them all for myself, he he!!
  • Options
    I'm a siamese cat person too(you know what I mean!) and would love to breed them but wouldnt be able to part with them!!!
  • Options
    I work as an 'Information researcher' in a media library and I love it but in an ideal world I would have a farm and an equine centre.
  • Options
    i work for a bank as a adviser just got job and its scary cause now have to reinterview for it so may not be doing it in a months time
  • Options
    hi im a assistant support worker n work in a house with people who have learning disabilities n i find very rewarding
  • Options
    lmffao@ winnie1981. ive only done 2 jobs in my life since i was 16 so first job i worked in a pet shop then got the managers position then i left there and moved to a call centre then i got promoted again to the supervisor then i left to have a baby and now they have moved me in to the shop,they wouldnt let me go back in to the office part time but its worked out ok,work 2 days a week and the rest look after my ds, the job i would love to do would be a CSI agent :lol:

sarah
    xx
  • Options
    Poppygirl I am a trainee legal exec too working in conveyancing so bit quiet at the moment. Should have my last exam in October and as I have been fee earning 5 years should qualify January. What about you?
  • Options
    I'm a quailfied goldsmith and I work as a watch advisor for H.Samuel. In my spare time I drive coaches for OH company when he's short staffed or it's silly season (this time of year when all the old dears go to scarbourgh!).

If all goes well with the company, we should be moving to a bigger house in 4-5 years time and I plan to re-train as a veterinary nurse and run a cattery and/or kennels.

We currently re-habilitate abused cats in the hope they can be rehomed.

Reading this back I think I should solw down if ttc!!

-x-
  • Options
    Im a Teaching Assistant at a Primary school but I also work in the Breakfast & After school club and the school office doing a bit of admin! I love my jobs! Children are just the best people to work with!

My ideal job is a stay at home mum. image

Bx

[Modified by: Beth24 on June 22, 2008 07:14 PM]
  • Options
    I'm an infant school teacher. Love the bit with the children, not so crazy about the paperwork, parents and pressure! lol Looking forward to going part-time when I have a baby. Ideal job would be full-time mum to four children! (have two step-kids already so half way there!) xx
  • Options
    mrskeen i work for h samuel too, have been on watches all day today lol!! I do this partime, and spend the rest looking after my 2 lo's who i miss like crazy when im working, boo...need to do it for the maternity leave tho lol!!! xxxx
  • Options
    Hi I'm a Nanny, done it for 10years now and about to start a new job with one baby, so excited as it will deal with my baby goo goo's whilst i go through this!! although it does make you more broody.

I do feel guilty ttc when starting a new job, but thats my life. I love my job, no day is the same and almost as fun as a full time mum, Advantage of my job is generally I will be able to take my children to work with me!
  • Options
    Hi

I'm a vending administrator - very boring really, but it pays the mortgage.

I'd love to be either a midwife, work in SCBU or own my own craft/beading shop.