Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Catch up

Replies

• Options

This is was last months tests and it looked like I ovulate on day 12 I thought as looked quite dark but when it came to day 17 it was obvious it was a positive. I did one earlier in the day and did another in the evening to be sure. I don’t think any of the ones I have done so far are positive at all. I’m going to start testing twice a day from tomorrow to make sure we don’t miss the peak. X
  • Options
    edited Jun 10, 2019 6:26PM
    @*MrsS* Hopefully you'll ovulate near CD17 again so won't have missed it this month.

I am in the TWW. Just 4DPO. On Saturday i will be at a wedding and want to know if I can have a drink but 9DPO will be too soon to know.
  • Options
    Sharon I don’t see why a small drink could hurt. As long as you limit yourself to one or two it really shouldn’t have any effect on the baby if you are successful this month, if anything it effects you as it could go straight to your head as it’s all down to hormones and body temp. 

Im hoping to get a positive test before the 17th day as that’s Friday and I’m going to Cardiff for the weekend. You will all laugh but stupid me went to Cardiff weekend just gone to go see Elton John and I only went and realised he is this weekend not weekend just gone, husband was less than impressed as it takes two hours to get to Cardiff and to him it was a wasted weekend so I’m going on my own this Friday to Cardiff and taking my mum to see him and husband is going to stay at home with the kids so Friday morning if anything could be our last shot before Sunday 😖🙈 

if you don’t nine me asking ladies how old are we all and remind me if you are trying for your first or do you already have kids? 

Im 30, 31 later this year and as you know have two kiddies 8 and 5. Soon to be 9 and 6. I really want to catch soon as I don’t want a huge age gap and my daughter will be the one Sharing her room with baby when they are old enough as my eldest needs a room to himself due to meltdowns. Xx
  • Options
    @Sharon88 you can't put your life on hold "just in case" - you won't do any damage if you are pregnant and have a few drinks at a wedding - think how many babies are conceived in a drunken one night stand.  But do what feels right for you
  • Options
    Very true @StillTrying thanks!
  • Options
    oooh @*MrsS* that's so funny you went the wrong weekend 🙈 Will be nice to go with your mum though.

I am 31 and trying for my first.
  • Options
    I had a good laugh and a good cry about it. If anything it really cheered my mum up. She is suffering with very poor mental health due to a horrific divorce she is hopefully finalising in court a week today and she was a mess last weekend. When I found out I got the date wrong we both had a good laugh at my expense. If I had any sense I would of looked at the tickets as I was packing them. Hey ho atleast I get to go to Cardiff this weekend and cheer her up more. Kids going to stay with daddy so they can have a nice Father’s Day just the three of them and I get quality time with mum. Just praying ovulation is before Friday so I don’t miss the boat. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 xxx
  • Options
    Still flashing CD 22 of a usually 33 day cycle. Shall I give up ladies. We have been bd since CD 13 and looks like I'm not going to ovulate. Temp hasn't shifted either and opk high fertility flashing and negative on strips the whole time.
    What do you say... 
    Sick is not the word... 
  • Options
    Don’t give up. You are doing everything you can, never loose hope. Is that test from this morning as they say it’s better to test in the afternoons and evenings. 

How long have have you been trying now? When can you talk to the drs as they can give meds to help ovulate if the magnesium isn’t helping. Massive hugs lovely it’s so frustrating this whole trying to conceive and it’s enough to make us want to give up. Xx
  • Options
    Thank you MrsS!! Trying to keep the faith. Been trying since our miscarriage in February this year. This is my 4th cycle since.
    The doctor did some blood tests for me after feb and said that my hormone level was about right for that time of the month. But I don't think they were fertility specific tests. She just ordered like loads of blood tests to give me peace of mind that the miscarriage had no underlying problems I think as was feeling it was my fault really. 
    I'm keep at it. Hope not lost yet its just so frustrating I guess. I did have a longer period this month.. Like heavy for like 11 days after chemical. Do you think that would have anything to do with late ovulation or no ovulation this month?
    MrsS I hope you get your ovulation too soon as I see your still waiting. Do you feel you are getting closer? 
    Thank you so much for your support. 
  • Options
    Yes I think a chemical can mess you up for a month and with the longer bleeding you will definitely ovulate later so definitely keep testing as it’s probably just around the corner.

still waiting. Going to do a test when I get in from work at half 1 and then another around 7. I’m adamant I’m damn close now, got loads of EWCM been having pains on my left and last night decided to check my cervix for the first time and it’s defiantly high and open, not sure if it’s fully soft yet or medium. All the signs are there just not a positive test yet. We bd early hours this morning but I’m honestly not sure if we are having any luck or not. Going to try again tonight and the next couple of nights until Friday so I can do all I can to cover us. Xx
  • Options
    I'm having a sharp pain on my left too. It's not really painful but a constant sharp sensation all morning near hip/tummy. I hope its ov coming soon!! Didn't know the chemical is likely to delay ov thanks. I really don't know what I'm doing with cervix check! Haven't mastered that lol.
    Fingers crossed for us both. Looks like it's coming for you very soon dear xx
  • Options
    I now have a positive opk. Cd 14. I’m going to try beg my husband for us to go at it tonight as he usually prefers every other day. God I hope he is in a good mood tonight. 

I hope you arent far behind with your positive too 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Xx

• Options
    Hi ladies! Lots of luck to those dtd... I am 9dpo (ish) and think I have some symptoms. But want opinions please! Nausea, tingly boobs and like a yellowy creamy discharge/Cm.. I think I’m gonna do an early test tomorrow. Should I expect to see something 10dpo? Or silly to test so early?! Thanks for any advice ladies!!
  • Options
    MrsS awesome news so pleased for you I can't wait for that feeling!! I hope cupid does his work tonight he he xx
    Kl10 I swear I know how difficult it is to wait but if I were you I would try to give it another few days before you test for a few different reasons. If you can.. Hold off at least until 12 to 14 dpo. When you get your bfp it will be worth the wait. Plus.. Not long until the weekend you could make that your goal. Your symptoms sound promising too!! Xx
  • Options
    KL10 I agree hang on till 12 if you can. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and you would have a stronger test too. Symptoms sound very promising. 

Herestohoping thanks, I just pray husband is in a good mood tonight. Going to cook him a lush dinner and try lighten the mood a little, I don’t tell him when I’m ovulating as it makes dtd more of a chore and he isn’t as keen on having a final baby as I am anyway 😖🙈. 

Im just nervous that despite all our efforts we won’t catch this month, I know I need to relax a little but I feel like this is the most stressful part tonight as it’s really make or break. Fingers crossed you are not far behind  have you done a test yet today? Is it still flashing? X
  • Options
    MrsS oh hun. I honestly do know what it's like when you know you are ovulating and then yous don't bd for some reason. It really is stressful. I just hope it all works out for you. Great news that you are ovulating though!!
    In so flashing. Not even bothering to do another Clearblue tonight as opk cheap strip barely has a second line visible on my evening check. I'm so gutted. Today I've had a little ewcm and watery.. Each time when I check. But past months I've had way more around ov. I did have the left pelvic pain which is still there but it's probably something else entirely. 
  • Options
    Herestohoping I had the left pelvic pain yesterday so maybe tomorrow will be the day. Make sure you test a little later in the day. Around 1 is good as it’s in the middle of the day. Make sure you don’t dilute the urine to much by drinking lots. I’m not a big drinker so i find my test are quite clear when I do do them. 

Hisband came home home an hour early tonight. I sense he is a little stressed from work and is now watching the wales game on tele so I’m upstairs watching tele till he is ready to eat dinner. Just hoping I can get him going later as by the looks of it he’s far from it right now 😖 really don’t want to miss our chance tonight. 

Baby dist your your way and hoping you get that positive opk tomorrow. Xxx
  • Options
    Ok will try testing Later tomorrow. I've become so crazy in even doing at work recently.
    Its tough when life gets in the way sometimes and one of you might not be feeling it. Hopefully the moment will strike and it will be on for yous he he. It is so hard when you miss the window gotta try!!
    My ewcm is a bit thicker tonight I really hope it continues and you are right that I am ovulating later. 
    I'm 28 in the North East and hubby is 34 and he is Nigerian. Its been a struggle for us to get to a point in life where we are settled in our own home and we finally are and are so ready. It would be a dream come true to fall pregnant and have a healthy baby after 9 months. It really would. Hubby is dying to be a dad. What about you MrsS? Where abouts are you xx
  • Options
    I’m 30 husband is 33. We live in Berkshire but both from cardiff, spent some of my childhood in derby and the midlands when I first met my husband when he was at uni. It is truly the most amazing time being pregnant and having a baby. It’s no easy ride and there are hard times but it’s the most rewarding time of your life. I loved being pregnant especially with my son as the pregnancy was a breeze with no sickness what so ever. I just can’t wait to do it just one last time. If I had my way I would have more but husband is adamant just three. Knowing our luck we may end up with twins as there is twins in both our sides of the family 😖🙈. Just don’t want to have to wait so long. It’s the waiting game that is the hardest. Xx