Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Chemical pregnancy then positive again two weeks after bleeding

Replies

• Options
    edited Aug 14, 2019 7:18PM
  • Options
    Definitely have to keep updated. I’m going to go for a scan next weekend over the bank holiday. I can’t resist. I’m not going to book until next week in case I start to bleed or anything. If I knew for sure I’m now 3 1/2 weeks I’d wait but because it could be quite a few weeks further I can’t help myself xxx
  • Options
    I totally understand that! Definitely update us after scan - and sticky thoughts until then. 
  • Options
    @RebeccaB23 - how are you getting along? Have you booked your scan yet? I’m now contemplating one myself as I’m getting so worked up that something might be wrong! 
  • Options
    Hi hun. I have ! I’m going Saturday afternoon so a little bit of a wait. If you are going to book one make sure they do internal scans too incase you are early on so you have the best chance of seeing something. They don’t all offer this even for ‘early ‘ scans which is ridiculous. 

How is you feeling symptom wise ?
    i am really really tired, weepy and I keep getting stabbing pains in my boobs. So I’m hoping it’s good signs but not getting my hopes up. Still testing very strong Positive. Did you get any more tests ? Xxx
  • Options
    Ah that’s good! I really want to book but still a bit worried that maybe it is SUPER early even though I know realistically o wouldn’t have gotten the BFP 3 days after ovulation, and the doctor thought 7 weeks so I just need to try to chill (but I am SO FAR from chilled). 
    Same as you I am really really tired, to the point that I keep snapping at my other half about not listening to how tired I am! Bit of nausea, no sickness, sore nipples and occasional headaches. Also epic bloating for the last two days which has calmed down today. Very hungry too but get full after a small amount of food. Still testing positive too - using up all my internet cheapies and done a couple more pharmacy cheapies too which are all very strong. I have also had a very stiff neck and shoulders which I foolishly googled and freaked myself out with.

i think you are right that these might all be good signs though - if nothing else we know our HCG is strong! I now want to be able to get my hopes up so just need to know everything is where it should be and desperately want to know how far! Xxx
  • Options
    I keep snapping at my husband too, they really don’t understand how tired we feel ! It’s hard to deal with it all when you can’t be excited yet either ! 7 weeks should give you a decent scan and heart beat? I’ve kind of accepted if I have gone a bit too early for the scan I’ll just go for another. And not put to much pressure on this one. 

Im so bloated too! I normally wear quit fitted dresses for work and I can’t atm as I honestly think I look pregnant (even though it’s just bloat) it’s normal though and a hormone related symptom. Such fun for us eh. Xxx
  • Options
    It’s so comforting to know that it’s  not just me! I’ve literally just had a melt down and cried because I’m tired and hungry but eating or sleeping doesn’t help 😂
    what would you date if you used the date of your short bleed as your last period though? Because if I use that I’d only be 3 weeks and would have got my BFP 3/4dpo?! So I’m scared to go so early even though I know and the gp said it wasn’t probably later. I’m torn between wanting to know and then not wanting to know in case it’s bad news/no news. 
    I wore my skinny jeans yesterday and had to go around with them unzipped 😂 xxx
  • Options
    You’re 100% not alone, doesn’t matter how much you sleep does it. I’m hungry constantly too but don’t want to stuff my face I’m going to Bali in 3 weeks 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ 

The least far far gone I could be is 5 weeks. But like you I don’t believe I’m not further. Or baby it’s just wishful thinking. Dream situation will be to be Atleast 6 so you get a heart beat. Xxx
  • Options
    Yeah exactly. Oh my gosh Bali will be amazing- I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the morning sickness stays away for your hols! 
    I feel like I don’t understand the dating stuff - been TTC for 8 months and never expected to get the BFP ‘mid cycle’. I keep trying to work it out but really not sure. 
    I’ve found a scan place that does internal too so I’ll speak to the midwife on Tuesday and if my scan is going to be too long a wait I’ll book one for the end of next week. 
    Just had my afternoon nap and feel like less of a monster now - I’m lucky enough to be self employed so I have a bit of flexibility with my hours! xxx 
  • Options
    Yeah it’s really confusing. I’ve googled loads , which I’m sure you have to and I’m hoping it was our chemical ones that were misdiagnosed and maybe we just had a spike in hormones for the current pregnancy. Once we get a date and hopefully good news this horrible uncertainty will be forgotten. 

Oh I love a nap 😂 I’ve just started a new job so I’m currently being trained to takeover the current finance manager and I’m really struggling to concentrate and take it all in. Especially as I can’t let on to anyone at work I’m pregnant, they must think I’m just a bit slow! Xxx
  • Options
    I’m looking forward to us both having healthy scans and proper dates! Keeping my fingers crossed until then. 
    Ah dear - not ideal timing but it is what it is. I can’t  imagine going in to work right now I’m a monster by 3pm! My other half just got made redundant so we’re entirely dependent on my business right now which is not helpful when you’re super sleepy! xxx
  • Options
    They say there’s never a perfect time and they really mean it! I don’t know about you but I’m getting fed up feeling physically rubbish / stressed but not able to yet be excited ☹️Xxx
  • Options
    That is exactly what I said to my OH this evening! I don’t feel we’ve had a chance to be happy about this yet with the circumstances being as they are. Especially when it’s something you’ve wanted for so long! And it does just mean you feel like poop and sad/stressed. Fingers crossed we’ll get to be happy soon! I can’t help wondering if my lack of excitement may be a bit of self preservation though for now. xxx
  • Options
    Hello. How are you getting on? I had my scan today I’m 6 weeks 1 days which means the bleeding after the chemical was implementation! I even saw a little heart flickering 😭❤️Xxx
  • Options
    Oh Rebecca! I’m so happy for you that’s amazing!!! Congratulations 💛 😊 how are you feeling?
    Im ok ish - busy few days with my nephews and having some spotting today that I’m trying my best not to panic about. (If I wasn’t pregnant then period would have been due yesterday).
     I’m due to see the midwife for booking in on Tuesday. I think I’m going to have book the early scan this week though especially now I’ve had even more bleeding 🤦🏻‍♀️ Still testing strongly positive though xxx 
  • Options
    Thank you ! I’m extremely tired and bad morning sickness has kicked in which is all day sickness. So I’m struggling with that. 

I bled for 4 days with this pregnancy and all is well so try not to worry. I’ve also had two previous miscarriages and when I started to bleed it was quite heavy and pregnancy tests were faint positives. Yours sounds much more promising Xxx
  • Options
    As horrible as the sickness might be at least it’s a strong sign that it’s a healthy pregnancy!
    Im now sat in A&E as the bleeding got worse this morning - the consultant is trying to persuade gynaecology to scan me today so waiting on that. They tested me here and said the test was only a faint positive. Not looking good for me ☹️ 
  • Options
    I hope you’re okay. Why are they always so reluctant to scan people it really winds me up. Sending lots of love I’ve been in your shoes and know how you feel. It’s not fair xxx
  • Options
    Heartbroken right now. So the scan was ‘inconclusive’ - they said they can’t see a pregnancy on the scan and they are calling it a ‘pregnancy of unknown location’. I might have either had a full miscarriage already, or the pregnancy is too early to show up on a scan OR it’s ectopic but not big enough to show on a scan. 
    So they’ve drawn blood for HCG levels and I’m off home to curl up with a tea and a hot water bottle. Have to go back Wednesday for repeat bloods. ☹️