Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Testing in May - first babies of 2022! 🧚🏼‍♀️

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations to everyone with their BFPs, it’s lovely to see success stories.X 

I’m CD13 today got a high on CB connected ovulation test and this is what I’m doing this cycle. 

1.BBT charting 
    2.2 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day until ovulation 
    3.Pregnacare supplements, Vitamin D and Evening Primrose Oil. 
    4.Husband is taking, vitamin C, well man conception for him, zinc magnesium and calcium, D aspartic acid, fenugreek and Vitamin D. 
    5.DTD every 2 days after AF has left until I get high then every other day until I get a peak then we’ll do 2 days in a row. 
    6.Using the ferti-lily cup and keeping it in for 2-3 hours then on peak days sleeping with it in. 
    7.Wearing socks after DTD. 
    8.Cut out the alcohol, Eating well, Being more active. Reducing stress. 

Is there anything any of you are doing or have done that’s not on that list that you’d like to share. 
  • Options
    @Poca92 thank you- I never knew that - what they app was telling me was a total surprise so thank you for letting me know. I have tested my opk again and it is low. Will test Opk each day until af  shows up. Had some twinges in my boobs today which is probably a coincidence. I’m really trying to not symptom spot haha 🤣 
  • Options
    @LittleBirdie Sounds like you're doing all the right things! We had been doing 3, 4 and 8 :smile:  

Also used Conceive Plus Fertility Lube after reading good reviews. It's about 15 quid on amazon and I only used it once this month before getting first BFP, which I'm hoping sticks. 

xxx
  • Options
    @BLily190 thank you, yeah we’ve got that too that would have have been number 9 hahah. 

How are you feeling? Xx
  • Options
    @BLily190 massive congratulations!! They are beautiful lines!!!! 🥳🥳🥳

@LittleBirdie socks after BD??!!  Whaaatt?? I haven’t heard that one 🤪🤪

so I’m CD4 today, heavier than usual AF - mine have got really light lately. Dunno if that’s in any way significant of anything 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sent my OH’s sperm test to my doctor over 3 weeks ago after waiting 3 weeks for the results 🙄🤷🏼‍♀️
    Had a phone consultation with my doctor yesterday about something else and I asked her about the referral only to find out she hasn’t actually done it 😡😡
    anyone else been really let down by their GP??! I’m 42 in August so freaking out about not being able to get IVF should we need it - we’ve already been held up for 8 months thanks to Covid!
    time is the one thing we really don’t have!!!! Meh!!! 
  • Options
    @KelB79 hey were in a similar place..  referrals for my USS and oh sperm analysis done in March. I had CD 21 progesterone n other bloods in march. I had my USS a couple of weeks ago came bk normal but oh appt not til 8th June n been told all 3 need to be done before referral to fertility clinic can be done so just feels like constant waiting.. I do feel better that the ball is rolling. I'm 30 so dont have that fear well be too late but all the same it's a difficult time for someone who lacks any sort of patience! Have you considered going privately? Best of luck to you! Xx 

Btw congrats to all bfps! So lovely to hear. This is my first month tracking lh n so far no surge xx 

• Options
    Thanks all! 

Feeling very tired last couple of days and napped today. Hpt was darkest today at 13DPO but I still feel nervous. It's almost like I didn't realise how much I wanted this until I got the BFP. 

AF is due today/ tomorrow so hoping to feel a little more confident in a few days. Woke up in the night with mild cramps and was convinced it was AF. OH has been amazing but thinks I need to step away from the tests :neutral::sweat_smile:

Otherwise extremely excited 
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi quick questions, what time of day do you use ov sticks and how long do you wait before taking a pee? 
  • Options
    @hannah22 it is suggested you take the opk in the middle of the day. After at least a two hour hold. As the sticks get darker you increase the times that you test to 2-3 (or more) times a day until you get your positive/peak opks.
  • Options
    Sorry I’ve been so quiet lately. Think all this TTC was just getting to me. But I think I’ve got my BFP this morning 🥰
  • Options

• Options
    @Catj21 congratulations!!!!

Good morning all!!! at what day after ovulation did you started testing for pregnancy? I’m on 6dpo! Did you have any symptoms like cramps, sore breast?
  • Options
    Congrats @Catj21

@adunkleyce I got my bfp at 9dpo and I had cramps and sore boobs. Still got them now at almost 10 weeks 🤣 good luck x
  • Options
    Do you think it looks strong enough for 13 dpo though? 
  • Options
    If it’s a one step I think they’re 25 miu aren’t they? Maybe try a frer I bet you get a nice strong line x
  • Options
    @Catj21 congratulations! That looks exactly like my first BFP, which I got 2 days after AF was due and I'm now 23 weeks! I did a FRER 2 hours after and it was a very strong line in comparison to the little stick one (I used same brand as yours) so if you have a FRER I would give it a go! :) xx
  • Options
    @Catj21 Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats on all the BFPs! 

I’m very confused here. Counting withdrawal bleed from Pill as CD1 as haven’t had a natural period as yet.  If cycle was average length, fertile window and ovulation should be around now. Decided to take an OPK to see and got this

I have very little experience with OPKs but there seems to be 2 strong lines so I think this is positive? However I uploaded to Premom and the test results says Low.  I have nothing to compare to so not sure what High or Peak would look like?   Thanks for any help! 
  • Options
    Catj21- Congratulations! 

Poca92- Thank you for replying. This is my second month actively trying and I had lost the instructions that came with my ov sticks. Found it yesterday and it said to wait four hours! I've always had a weak bladder and I have a child so find this really hard. I waited two hours and had to go and it was so weak in colour I didn't bother testing. Managed to hold,it in for nearly four hours yesterday late afternoon but worry I can't manage to do this everyday. So I just wondered whether other ladies are managing four hours or just me struggling! 
  • Options
    @catj21 I'd Say that's a positive try and get a frer should give you a stronger positive congrats