Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any 2011ers?

Replies

• Options
    Wow! I've been lurking, congratulations on your BFP!!!!!!

I think I'm tentatively a 2011er... can I join you? x x x

[Modified by: EmilyB on May 24, 2010 10:54 PM]

• Options
    Hello EmilyB

Of course you can join us :\) When are you planning on ttc? xx
  • Options
    We think at the start of 2011, but possibly more like May time. It's a bit up in the air at the mo! x
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats on your BFP!!!

I'm a 2011 TTCer and am finding myself wishing away the months! came off my pill last month after 10 years and am on CD28 so playing the waiting game to work out if I'm back to normal straight away or not............

• Options
    EmilyB - I'm sure it will all work itself out for you time wise, the start of next year isn't that far away and if its May it gives you a while to plan/do everything you may want to before x

BeyondBroody - When abouts in 2011 are you thinking of? I started off wishing away the months when we first decided on when we would like to start TTC. I keep having to remind myself I have loads of other things to look forward to. I'm going to be in a similar position to you in November as I have been on the pill for nearly 10 years, I have no idea what to expect when I stop taking it x
  • Options
    Thanks Emily B and BeyondBroody!

I was dreading telling my good friend as she's been trying for 4 months. But she just came round to tell me that she was 4 week pregnant! So I was like "Yey, so am I!", after we danced around a bit we realised that we're only 4 days apart! Praise God!

Hope everyone is well, welcome to EmilyB and Beyond Broody image
  • Options
    Oh wow it's so nice your frind is the same position as you, and only 4 days apart is really like wow!
    Fingers crossed for both of you. Hope you are feeling ok :\) x
  • Options
    hey, mind if i join? sounds like a lucky group as a 2011-er is pregnant already!! me and hubby and looking to start trying early january. just been reading other posts and sounds as tho i must get myslef sorted, need to loose a stone, cut caffe, and alcohol and get myself fit and healthy. when do you start needing to take vits? hubby very supportive and says will diet with me (although he is a carpenter and has no need to diet what so ever) and will come out walking with me etc which is good. he has read 'Mens Health' and apparently soy sauce and baked beans are bad for sperm (go figure) but lots of fruit, veg, tomatoes and zinc suplliments make them swim!! pass onto your partneres lol.
    so what are your plans guys? any ideas for me?
    good luck to all
    Nichola xxxx
  • Options
    Hello Nichola

Of course you can join :\) It's great to speak to new people.
    It's really sweet of your hubby to want to diet and do exercise with you when he doesn't need to. I spoke to my doctor a little while ago and she wanted to put me on folic acid 6 months before I started ttc, I think that its recommended to be in good shape, have a good diet and take vitamins for about 3 months before trying but doing these things before that isn't going to hurt. I remember giving my partner a list of foods he could and couldn't have not so long ago and he just looked at me lol, I know he'll do it as he doesn't like cooking for himself unless he has to! There is loads of useful info on this site about it all :\)
    My plans so far (which you have probably already seen) are to try to get healthier, get married (sorry had to add that - very excited!) come off my pill in November and hopefully start ttc in May/June 2011.
    Hope everything goes well for you.
    Fiona xx
  • Options
    Mrs To Be- when you get married? must be soooo excited? we got married 2 years ago on may 25th so just had second anniversary- was best day ever. big piece of advice- do not stress. you will have planned loads and if anything does go wrong you cant do anything about it so just enjoy it!!! my friend said when she got married she felt bad cause she didnt get to speak to everyone, with this in mind we kinda broke tradition and in between sit down meal courses we did alternate tables- was fab to say hi to evryone and everyone wants to speak to you.
    soooo excited about trying for a baby, we just wanna get finances in order so i can have as much time off as poss- am a teacher so mat pay is crap. what do you do?
    Nichola XXX
  • Options
    Hello Nichola!
    That is lovely your hubby wants to join you. Mine thinks I'm the only crazy person obsessed with doing everything right! He worries that I stress about it too much and should be more chilled about things... He is also sooo desperate to start trying now - its only my sensible head that's stopping me! xx
  • Options
    Nichola - I'm getting married in October. It's so close but I have to say I do stress about everything! Thanks for the advice about moving about, I will definately try to speak to everyone, thankfully in that respect our wedding is fairly small in comparison to some.
    I'm really excited about starting our family but I'm desperate to try and make sure our finaces are a bit better, I know once the weddings past we'll have spare money but as a shop manager my maternity pay wouldn't be fantastic, could be worse though! We're hoping his career change happens sooner rather than later as if he gets to do what he's hoping to do it would be much easier and I would be able to stay at home with bubs.
    racheybaby123 - I really don't know how you're holding off from trying when he's eager to get going although I admire you for listening to your sensible head. You can tell him your definately not the only person being obsessive and crazy about it all, I am definately getting that way and I have a long way to go yet! Everytime we walk past baby shops I'm peering through the windows lol!

Hope everyone is well, Fiona xx
  • Options
    Hello ladies!

Thought I would say hi as the respective other and I had he 'baby' chat recently image we're also hoping to be 2011ers but probably will be towards the end of the year.
    Not really sure what to do about contraception at the mo-been on the pill for 10 years and I have no idea what my periods are like etc as I went on it when I was 15 so they were barely in a pattern at that point, thinking of having a copper coil put in now so I can get the measure of my cycle and also have at least 1 hormonal free year, has anyone else had/have a coil?

Would be interested to know how old everyone else is and occupations etc!
  • Options
    Hey,

Only ever been on the pill I'm afraid so can't help with the coil! I did hear once that they didn't like giving them to people who hadn't had children... not sure why. We are spending the next 6 months using condoms too, but my first cycle was 29 days which I was pleased about. So glad to be off the pill now!

Anyway, I'm 27 and work in marketing for a charity.
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm coming to join! Although you may all think im mad. Ive just recently had a baby boy - 2nd March - he is now 14 weeks. I'm so broody already for another baby. I miss being pregnant, the whole experience was truely amazing and I have loved loved loved watching my little man grow week by week.

Originally we decided that we were going to TTC in September 2011, but since then we have brought it right forward to January so that they will be close. This might change though, but either way were defo on for TTC in 2011!

I cant wait to do it all over again!

Emma xx
  • Options
    hey Emma and everyone else

Can I join too?

Like emma I had my son on 16th March and miss being pregnant so much and cant wait to have another baby x

We plan to get married november next year so are hoping to start trying about August time, would ideally like a 2 year age gap and not to be too pregnant at the wedding but to be honest i would start trying next week were it not for the fact I had a section and want to devote as much time to my little man as possible just now x

bring on 2011 x x

Kelly x

• Options
    Haha - I think its good you ladies are loving it so much and haven't been put off by anything yet! I read too many horror stories about childbirth and early days I think...! xx
  • Options
    knock knock, can I come in?

We will be TTC in 2011.
    I had my son Finley on the 4th April and really can not wait to do it all again. Cant wait for the POAS addiction and that wonderful feeling when you get that BFP.
    Beleive it or not I cant wait to be in labour again either, it was amazing and I loved it.

We were originally looking at TTC in April 2011 but now we are thinking January. It took us 8 months to concieve with Finley and I would prefer a small age gap.

Really hope we are lucky enough to be able to bring another small life into the world.
  • Options
    Knock knock ladies another metalist here. I just had my baby boy 5 weeks ago he was 4 weeks early too but we are going to ttc probably july / august next year. We only want 2 and dont want a large age gap either. To let all you ladies ttc for the first time, i was on the pill for 15 years. I came off it last july for our wedding and fell pregnant early september we used ovulation sticks which helped me chart my cycles. Looking forward to getting to know you all x
  • Options
    Hi

I reckon i fall into this category.

I have a little girl who is 1 on Monday and think we're going to start trying around this time next year for baby no 2.

It does seem so far away but i can't believe that this time last year i had gone overdue with my little girl and was VERY fed up.

It flys by. Honestly!

Vicky xxxx