Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Ladies I’ve just found out I’m about 5 weeks pregnant and the sickness has just started today I didn’t have sickness with Callie so I’m struggling how did you cope and any tips to help the sickness stay away? I feel so bad!! 🤢 
  • Options
    Congratulations @Chkitty exciting time’s!!!! Eeeek! I felt sick with Hudson for roughly 7 weeks first trimester though I wasn’t actually sick? Just nauseous 24/7! I’m no help as nothing worked for me 😱😳 xx
  • Options
    Thank you it’s hit me by surprise and I’m not sure if I’m happy about it just yet, I didn’t think we’d fall so quick as took us 2 years with Callie but I’m not sure I can look after a nearly 6 month old and be sick all the time, I feel guilty she’s not getting my attention 😖 I’m hoping it’ll pass soon as had nothing last time! Xx
  • Options
    Oh wow how exciting Chkitty! I’d love a 4th but not allowed 😫
    I've felt/ been a bit sick with all of mine and would say that making sure you still eat rather than avoiding food helps a lot. Even just small snacks or meals helps with nausea. I also found mints or chewing gum helped this time round.
    Congratulations again super exciting times! x
  • Options
    Well i got sick all the way through with both my pregnancies,  Chkitty, and its terribly hard !! Not a lot worked with me as it was so bad . But yes do.try and eat even if its the thimg you least.want.to do! Dont worry if its not healthy food either it doesnt matter right now.  I had to stick with bland sandwiches ..nothing hot at all.oh apart drom mcdonalds cheese burgers ha. Grapes are good. Keep hydrated  as best u can too. And go to bed as soon as you can manage! Congrats hope u feel better xxx
  • Options
    Oh wow, congratulations @Chkitty but sorry you're feeling so sick - i've spotted on the forum some women swearing by sea-sickness wristbands... no idea if they work. Also, can we tempt you to another birth club
  • Options
    OMG congratulations @Chkitty! That's incredible! Maybe another April baby?
    I had sickness for 12/13 weeks (and had a girl, so don't believe the sickness =boy thing).
    I found the best thing to do was just let yourself be sick. It got easier the more sick I was. I always felt better after.
    Constant nibbling on things helped.
    Always have something with you you can use. Nothing worse than realising you need to whilst driving 70mph on a dual carriageway.
    Just talking about it has really brought that queasy feeling, I refer it like yesterday.
    Also, it may only last a few weeks, so don't worry about how long is going to last!
  • Options
    Congratulations Chkitty!! How lovely your children will be so close in age! I wasn't sick when pregnant, one of the lucky ones! Hope it passes soon 😣
  • Options
    Arr congratulations. I didn’t get sickness with a boy. Possibly try belvoir ginger drink as I’ve read ginger does help, but it would save faffing getting it ready
  • Options
    Hi all, I think I must’ve had a bug as haven’t been sick since early hours of Monday but touch wood that’s all it was as i never had sickness with Callie! I’m absolutely ferried this time round as I had the diabetes last time and I know I’ll get it again so I’m so nervous! Also very worried about not having the time with Callie before new baby arrives! My husband is very excited but I’m not sure how I feel! It’s what we wanted but didn’t think it would happy so quickly but I know it’ll be loving for them growing up as I had that with my brother as there was 11 months between us! Going to book an early scan for around 8 weeks before I tell any family members but baby should be due 30 May! Can’t believe I’m doing it again!!! It’s not quite sunk in yet! 
  • Options
    Congratulations Chkitty! :) It'll be amazing holding a little baby again I'm sure, I keep thinking where has time gone?! Are you feeling better? Unfortunately I was sick all the way through my pregnancy... 

They grow so fast, my lb is not sitting up and all! Madness, he was 5lbs 9 at birth and now he's like 18lbs :) 

Liam was diagnosed with cow's milk protein allergy and he's on special formula and has eczma and reflux so it hasn't exactly been smooth, still not sleeping through lol 
    I have a job interview next week and I'm returning to work latest in November.  It's gone so fast. :( 
  • Options
    Hi all, I must’ve had a bug as after that day I’ve not been sick thank god and touch wood! I’ve actually been really upset this week and not sure whether I want this baby, I’m just worried about Callie missing out and the fear of pregnancy and all appointments as I got gestational diabetes last time so no doubt it’ll be the same and I had to have insulin injected for 13 weeks so I’m really nervous! I’m going to book a private scan for 3 weeks time and hope I feel more attached and in love once I see the scan! I always said I’d never get rid of my baby but I feel bad it’s crossed my mind when it’s actually something we wanted I just didn’t think mentally I’d thought it really through!! Hope every one is ok, time is flying! Can’t believe Callie is 6 months next Saturday! She starts her swimming classes tomorrow so can’t wait to see my turtle in the water 💦 x
  • Options
    Chkitty it might be the hormones as they work funny at times. You’ll love them both :) just takes a bit of adjusting to it all at times.

calvins got a cold. We went to a card making workshop that one of my old uni friends ran which I really enjoyed but I think Calvin picked up my friends lo cold. It’s running out his nose too :/ we’ve been going to sign language classes, which I’m enjoying mainly to get out the house. I think I’m going back to work in March as I think even on universal credit when I apply I can still have the full year off. Will need to check. If not I’ll be back in 2 months. I’ll miss him when at work tho as we’re home so much
  • Options
    Hiya ladies hope you’re all well,
    Any one found a treatment for their little one that works successfully on cradle cap? I can’t remember if I. Used brush, shampoo or oil with my other 2 x
  • Options
    I use baby oil and massage it in with a tooth brush, wash it off then wash with body wash. 
  • Options
     Hi
     Has anyone else started solids yet?
  • Options
    Hi I use coconut oil, rub it in about an hour before the bath.  Then brush with a baby comb before his bath then rinse out (wash his hair twice in a row otherwise it doesn't all come out!)

Haven't started solids yet, will be in a couple of weeks when he's 6 months! He's more than ready keeps trying to go for my food!

Just noticed yesterday Harrisons two bottom teeth have broken through!
  • Options
    Yes, we have started solids @al197701

We started baby led at 5 months, just giving sticks of veg and she didn't swallow much, so it was getting used to flavours and reading in gently, as I've heard you need to introduce pretty quick once they hit 6 months and I didn't want to suddenly bombard her (HV agreed).

We now give a bit of fork mashed as well as sticks to make sure she ingests some. She's much better with the sticks now too.

A mat on the floor under the high chair means you can regive the dropped stuff. Absolute genius idea from a friend.
  • Options
    Can’t believe our babies are 6 months this month where has time gone?! 
    How’s everyone’s baby with teething? Callie is really struggling she’s not drinking, she’s off purée, she’s waking up through the night every 2 hours 🙃 has anyone transitioned baby into their own room and If so what were your tips? We tried one night and she went down fine no problem but woke up and screamed and wouldn’t settle back in her cot so had to come back in our room! We use her bedroom a lot for changing and making bottles so it’s not a strange room but I need her in her own room as think it’ll help us with better sleep! 
    I’ve got my early dating scan tomorrow I’ll be 8 weeks 😶 I’m so nervous!! 
    X
  • Options
    Harrison has two teeth!! Was funny as we thought he was teething from 3 months, then went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and a few said he was teething and we brushed it off as it was normal... Then spotted two teeth on the flight home!  I've struggled to get a photo except this one of him crying and covered in milk 😂😂

Can't wait to start solids, being strict and waiting for 6 months - 8 days time! Had anyone done BLW? I'm keen to try it, but probably will do a bit of combi feeding.

Will also try him in his own room but he's such a bad sleeper since the regression, still wakes up for feeds through the night.  I'm hoping the food will help with that.

Good luck with the scan Chkitty!!! It's such a nerve-wracking time I hope it goes well! How's the sickness?