Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options

This is what I mean- he on his arms not hands but as my 6 year old pointed out you can crawl using your arms and showed me lol think we just worry hunni it's in our nature xxx
  • Options
    @Chkitty if she’s getting herself about by rolling she might not see the need to do anything else. My first little boy didn’t crawl properly til nearly 9 months because he could roll himself around the room and get to what he wanted, one day he just did it. Austin isn’t crawling yet he sort of does the worm he goes up on all fours them throws himself forwards but that’s working for him, no signs of standing or pulling himself up and he’s 8 1/2 months now x
  • Options
    My little boy didn’t crawl until he was 11 months . He is now 3 and now knows the names of 20 dinosaurs, can count to 30 does his abcs and knows all his colours. He is miles ahead in learning but still has issues with other things .. they just stick to what they like doing and run with it I’m sure !
  • Options
    @Chkitty Rex has the same birthday as summer and she doesn’t sound that far behind to me! He has come on a lot in a matter of weeks tho, so it could all happen quickly for Summer too!

Rex wasn’t taking much water from his doidy cup but suddenly in the last week he’s been taking bigger sips 1 so something like that could happen overnight. Teething probably effects this too, and I don’t know about your house but in mine the tap water is SO much colder at the moment so I have to let it warm to room temperature.

With crawling Rex only started moving backwards last week. And even then it’s slow and doesn’t look very coordinated. But he is improving. In fact I didn’t know he could do it until I picked him up for nursery last week and they says he’s been moving backwards all day. Since I found out he could do it, he’s def been given more space and tummy time (when he’s not screaming he wants to sit up).

Rex can’t sit himself up yet. He’s getting better at holding himself up and can now go several minutes, but I still put cushions around him so he doesn’t whack his head.
  • Options
    @PaulaLarr I still put cushions close to Eddie as even though he can sit up now for upto 40 mins he knows they are there and flops back onto them .....I did take them away but he done that and banged his head I tried again once thinking he would have learned from it but nope lucky I have a floor mat too so no damage but both times he cried I think from shock of no cushions 🤦 xxxx
  • Options
    @Chkitty try not to worry!!! 
    Food wise Jacobs amazing, eats all foods we do is great. 
    But still isn’t crawling or standing in anyway shape or form. 
    He can sit up unaided but we put pillows around him because he likes to topple over. 
    He can roll over but rarely does 🙄 pure laziness because I know he can do it 😂
  • Options
    Well I got the scare of my life last night!
    I randomly woke up to check on ozzy at about 3am to find him on his front face down into the mattress, I genuinely thought he was dead and started panicking, I filiped him over so fast and at first he did nothing but then he stated crying, I calmed him down and got him back to sleep and I went back to bed and cried, but he keeps doing it! I remember odin doing this but it wasn't as bad because odin put his head to the side so was fine ozzy just shoves his face fully into the mattress, he can roll back to front but doesn't so much do it the other way and he sleeps in a grow bag thing so I think it's more difficult for him to do it? Just not looking forward to sleep now :( just worried so much about it, u can't stop him rolling over xx
  • Options
    Also it's just so odd that I woke up! It was only 2 and half hours after I got to sleep, I don't know how long he was like that :( I usually wouldn't wake up unless he cried to wake me up just the whole thing has really knocked me, convinced I will never sleep again now out of worry x 
  • Options
    Oohh hunni that must have been soo scary sending massive virtual hugs, I would speak too your GP or health visitor about any advice if there is any 🤔 xxxx
  • Options
    It was very :( thanks for replying i needed to tell sombody x
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of is them sensors that beep if stop breathing but I've heard people say they go off incorrectly sometimes and make you panic I hope you find a solution soon or it ends up being a one off 🤞🤞 xxxx
  • Options
    I hope you get something sorted .. I know the owlettes are suppose to be good too
  • Options
    We have used a snuzahero since Peyton was born its a cheaper version of the owlette. It clips on to their nappy and flashes green with every breath and its fast to work if it doesn't sense anything so I think if it doesn't feel anything after 15 seconds it vibrates to wake baby and if it doesn't feel anything another 15 seconds after that the alarm goes off .

We had trouble with the sensor mat when she was little as we had a next to me and it never sat right so constantly went off and this was a life saver I don't know what I would have done without it and I still us it now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snuza-Hero-MD-Medically-Certified/dp/B01HIDTKPC

• Options
    Rex has been crawling backwards for about 3 weeks now (he can bum shuffle forwards). Aside from putting a toy in front of him to encourage him to go forwards do any of you know if any other tips and tricks to encourage him to go forwards? I know some babies may never go forwards and can just skip to walking - which is fine! But he literally grunts and whines every time he’s on his tummy and in reverse. I pick him up and he just goes back down again 😅 he can roll and sit up so if he didn’t like it, he could totally reposition! I think he wants to go forwards but doesn’t know how? He goes to nursery once a week so I think he sees the other kids crawling and walking and wants to too!
  • Options
    Georgie is everywhere shes pulling up to stand on everything and she crawls from one thing to another and she started crawling after you when you leave the room 😂. She’s got such tiny feet though they don’t look like they could support her but they do !

She climbed up here to steel her brothers chocolate cake and the next day she did the same for chips 🤣
  • Options
    I feel like I've tried everything to get Peyton to crawl 🙈 putting toys in front, crawling around with her we've even tried moving her legs so she gets the feel of it. She can get into the crawl position but then just get stuck and can't move either legs or arms then she gets so frustrated ans starts crying 😔 she's been trying to crawl for weeks now I really thought she would have done it by now 🤔
  • Options
    My son didn’t crawl until he was 10/11 months! He just rolled and army crawled everywhere.
  • Options
    Eddie isn't crawling yet either he can get on all fours but not moving yet, he prefers to walk with us holding his hands. He also just moves backwards or sidewards on his belly but not forwards any babies saying words yet? Eddie can say Ellie, mama and Hiya 🥰 xxxx
  • Options
    No we’ve got no words yet not even close 
  • Options
    I do have to chuckle to myself. Jacob barely rolls over never mind pulling himself up or crawling. And talking? We go get lots of babbling and “mamamamamama” and”dadadadada but that’s it 😂 
    he has got his first tooth just poking through now though!