Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Completely off topic - sorry

Replies

• Options
    Go for it, the dress is gorgeous and im sorry but that is so ridiculous to say that wearing white to a wedding is unacceptable, the bride already knows how gorgeous she looks and she should be on cloud 9 and not really caring what anybody else is wearing. My mum wore white to mines, my sil wore white trousers. Great dress it will look beautiful xxx
  • Options
    I'm another one who would feel very uncomfortable wearing white to anyones wedding I'm afraid - my MIL wore a long white dress to my wedding, and my SIL worse a shorter cream dress (which barely hid anything, some ladies on here will know what I'm on about!) and I thought it was really naff and horrible - esp as MILs looked like a wedding dress image

However - one of OHs cousins worse a white trouser suit which I did think was a good look - but she accessorised it with big gold and black jewellery (and her blouse was black) and it didnt look weddingy or very white by the time she had festooned herself image
    come to think of it I think OHs auntie worse a flowly white dress too.... :\( seems I have a lot of thoughtless people on OHs side - no wonder he is the way he is! :lol:

xx
  • Options
    wearing a white dress at a wedding is unacceptable. end of.

:lol::lol:

Er, well as I'm not God I wouldn't go this far, but I would spend the whole day worrying I was upsetting the bride and that half the wedding guests were thinking the above, so no I wouldn't wear the dress either.
  • Options

had festooned herself image

Totally irrelevant - but I think we should use the word "festooned" more often

If you want to wear a full length white dress then I'd think you'd look a wally, but there is nothing remotely bridal in the one you like.

Provided the bride isn't a hugely sensitive person I'd go for it x
  • Options
    to be on the safe side i would say no, even tho the bride isn't wearing white herself she might be a little peeved that passers by may mistake u for the bride if ur dressed in white ... a friend of mine wore red at her wedding and us bridesmaids were blue, but i know she had said prior to the wedding she would be mightily annoyed if anyone wore white even tho she wasn't, white is associated with the bride really so i just wouldn't do it. x
  • Options
    g/c image

i got married in March and wore the traditional white, my cousin (a guest) wore a knee length white dress with subtle gold threading, it was very pretty, summer dress style (we were abroad), I personally didnt mind and because I was very clearly the bride no one batted an eyelid. I think it depends on the bride and how laid back she and the family are, just ask her.
    my cousin asked me and i was totally ok about it, i was grateful she asked out of respect but to be honest it wouldnt have been a big deal has she not asked.

if you arent going to ask her then dont wear it would be my opinion, it's a pretty dress and unless you were planning on wearing a veil and tiara you'd be fine in my bookimage

• Options
    You must be one yummy mummy to be able to pull that off...I'm so jealous! Its lovely, great choice...do still like the other one too though

• Options
    I still like the other one too, and I agree - that's got to be one yummy mummy! Gorgeous dresses, I still say go for either!image
  • Options
    Wouldn't bother me at my wedding however I have known brides that really don't like it so I would prob stay clear or ask the bride first if it would be ok. My friend had a white dress picked out for her brothers wedding but when she mentioned it to her brother he told her not to wear it as a friend had already asked his fiance and she had said a def no to white!
  • Options
    That's beautiful image I'd buy the two of them and tell oh to help me find an occaision to wear the White one haha x
  • Options
    i love both dresses glad ypu have found an alternative :\)

i personally wouldnt wear a white dress to a wedding, however i wouldnt be offended if anyone else did as long as it wasnt a wedding gown hehe
  • Options
    :lol: @ PTB image

I love the word festooned!
    xx
  • Options
    I think yu would be fine. I got married 3 weeks ago, and i had a few people asking if they could/couldn't wear white/ivory/cream etc. But i told them to wear what they like as my dress wasn't any of those colours. I had a light gold dress and my bridesmaids were in mink, so it made no difference to me at all.

If i'd have worn white and someone turned up, immediate family more in white then no i wouldn't have been happy but i knew no-one would really wear a gold dress and i was right.

Maybe ask the bride if there are any colour restrictions.
  • Options
    Love them both Joanna, I've bought this one for a wedding in July. Needed one to hide my post pregnancy lumps and bumps!

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010232260_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women~Occasion+&+evening+wear
  • Options
    Thats lovely, it will be beautiful on a hot summers day wedding in July. Has Emilie got a special dress too. Emilia has a pinky one from monsoon too. Cant wait to see her dressed up!

Joanna x
  • Options
    you are is you're
  • Options
    it doesnt take a genius to work out we have a new troll
  • Options
    Let's see how many people are bright enough to ignore it completely :roll:
  • Options
    you are is you're

If I remember rightly you're a teacher? Glad I'm not the only one who goes around correcting punctuation - my husband thinks I'm a nutter when I start shrieking about misplaced apostrophes! :lol: