Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice, suggestions and feedback please

Replies

• Options
    For those of you thinking of asking Miss I to make some for your Christening etc, I've been lucky enough to try her cakes and can vouch for the sheer yum factor image

• Options
    Well that's just making me jealous now, babybarbarella!
  • Options
    They look brilliant hon, well done!! If you et up a FB page post the link - I think you will get LOTS of 'likes'!! xxx
  • Options
    Oh those look lovely..but now I want chocolate cake! Not fair!!! The choc orange one looks yummy and the lemon & coconut ones remind me of my wedding cupcakes image

I'm afraid the baby is a little scary though (I think they can be quite hard to do faces & stuff..my friend made my son a blanket and it was meant to have baby faces on along with other pics and she unpicked the faces cause she said they looked evil lol). Mind you no matter what it looked like I wouldn't want to eat it - went ot my nephews christening last week and they had photo cake and I told SIL I didn't want to eat any of his face lol!

Have you looked into anything like sugercraft classes? I know my friend took one of those classes and she makes beautiful cakes with all sorts of toppings. Also just as at hought if you are looking into doing these professionally you'll need to get a food hygeine certificate I think, and also some form of liability insurance just to cover yourself...

But..any time you want to send me a sample I won't complain image
  • Options
    I think there really good! especially the simple ones with abc etc, really nice! image

Are you on fb? There is a lady on there that uses fondant icing shes originally from youtube but she has lots of photos and instructions etc, her work is amazing here is the page it may give you inspiration xx

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Way-Beyond-Cakes-by-Mayen/205059342330?v=wall#!/pages/Way-Beyond-Cakes-by-Mayen/205059342330
  • Options
    Email sent hon...
  • Options
    I think its so unfair to post up delish pics like that when i'm all the way over in NI cupcakeless!!! lol

They look yum and I actually like the poo with the chocolate orange segment in it!!! may be I have some sick unearthed cravings I haven't dealt with yet lol
  • Options
    So last time I posted zoruel kindly left some feedback saying said they looked unprofessional so I have been practising lots and working on it.
    Is this better?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs244.snc4/39516_10150284072525472_540055471_15237882_2553445_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs749.snc4/64941_10150284073575472_540055471_15237916_5312399_n.jpg

• Options
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs902.snc4/71510_10150284077865472_540055471_15238042_6824533_n.jpg

P.S. the labels are there because I have made them for a friend to take to work for her birthday and I won't be there to tell people what they are.
  • Options
    love them! how do you make your frosting? i'm a keen baker but never mastered frosting
  • Options
    Mmm they look v professional, as did the others so I thought!!! You've made me hungry!!! X
  • Options
    Having seen and tasted them in real life I can confirm they are utterly fabulous and far more professional than many bakers I have seen!

Can't wait for our naming day now!!
  • Options
    OMG Miss I, they are AMAZING - they easily look as good as the cakes my friend had for her wedding in August and they were made by a professional bakery/cakey place.

As I said before, I'll definitely eat them for you if you need me to... x x x
  • Options
    I actually just said 'oh god' out loud lol!

They look frigging delicious!! x
  • Options
    They look amazing and very professional! Have you seen the ones in marks and Spencer yours look way better and I bet they taste nicer too!
    I love them and am now off to eat a crunchie as they have made me hungry!! Xx
    Good luck x
  • Options
    Wow, they look amazing. I could eat them all up!
  • Options
    They look so yummy Miss I good luck x
  • Options
    they look fantastic making my mouth water