Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Getting to know you...

Replies

• Options
    Hi GIirls,

Great thread!
    Im 32 & lovely OH is 39 & weve been TTC for almost 21 months.
    Have sadly had 2 MCs, 1 at 6 weeks, the 2nd at 5 weeks.
    Ive now just taken my first round of Clomid due to me having PCOS so have got EVERYTHING crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Mrs KD, where in Liverpool are you from? I've been here 7 years now but hubby is a scouser born and bred! xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I am 31 and my husband is 28. We got married in August 2009 and have been together for five years. We live close to Blackpool.

I found out I was pregnant on 28 November and I was informed on 14 January that I had suffered a missed miscarriage at approximately 9 weeks and three days. I had my ERPC yesterday and we are going to follow the Doctor's advice and try to conceive again after my next period has arrived.
    I would like to thank again all the ladies on this site who have offered me support since my miscarriage which has been a horrible experience.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm 33 (34 in March) and my hubbie is a very young 48 (lol). We got married in August last year after 7 years together and started ttc in Dec. We got our first BFP on 29th Dec but have just had mmc at 7 weeks. We live in East Yorkshire.

Just also wanted to say thank you everyone for your support xx
  • Options
    Hi mafiaprincess, i'm from over the water, wallasey. Been away for ages now, nearly 10 years. Love Liverpool though, back there in march for a few days and staying at the new hilton in liverpool one. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Hi Mrs KD, I've been here 7 years and really love it.

Liverpool 1 is great and the Hilton looks amazing. There is a gorgeous Thai restaurant in Liverpool 1 and it has to be the nicest Thai food ever! x
  • Options
    I just turned 25, my oh is 28. We 'met' over the internet and after a 8 month long distance relationship (holland, england) we moved in together in england. image 7 months later we bought a house, he proposed, I got pregnant, had the wedding in november 2008 and I gave birth to Michael in may 2009. (6 weeks early, 1 day after oh's birthday) I got pregnant pretty quickly again in august, but found out in november that the baby died at about 8.5 weeks. Just waiting for second af to arrive now.
  • Options
    ok, im 27 and my hubby is 31 we have been together for five years and married for three years....we live in birmingham
    we have been trying for a baby for about 3 and a half years, i conceived in sept 2009 but sadly MC in dec, im just waiting for my cycle to fix it self i will be trying again god willing
  • Options
    Hi,
    I'm 38 and my oh is 36 we have a gorgeous 22 month old little girl called Lily Kay - We have been together 2 and a half years. We live in manchester. Had mmc at 11 weeks in Jul and mc in dec at 8 weeks.
    Hoping for a sticky bean very soon. XXX
  • Options
    Hey Laujai!

I just saw your post... Nice coincidence about being in DIM together and both being in south London... I'm hoping when I see you post your BFP soon that it's a good sign for me too!!!

Here's wishing us all lots and lots of sticky beans image
  • Options
    hello everyone! my name is kari im 27, my other half is 33. we live in wisconsin (u.s.)we have a 8yr old daughter and a 2yr old son. we lost our baby the end of oct. at 8+4 due to a partial molar preg. and have recently joined in the ttc. so far no luck but still keep our fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, nice to "properly" meet you all image

My name is Jolene or Jo as everyone calls me, I'm 26 and h2b is 22. We have been ttc from October last year, fell pregnant in first cycle but sadly mc at 6+1 and we decided to start trying again straight away. Our wedding is booked for the 8th June 2012 (just confirmed yesterday yayyy!) and I have everything crossed that we can share our day with our own special little flowergirl/pageboy xx
  • Options
    Hello All,
    What a fab idea Rocky ! I have just read all posts and as i thought i am the Golden Oldie HaHa ! I should be spoiling you all with sweeties... Hold your breath..... Im 44 and my partner Keith is 42. I have 3 children Carys , Ross and Joy 18,16 and 12. Keith has 2 boys Liam and Lewis 12 and 9. We live in Edinburgh. I feel guilty sometimes that im on this site cos i have children already and i moan constantly about my mc but its a long story that i wont bore you all with. Both had doomed previous relationships. ...Just so lucky to have found my soulmate .Anyway How lucky did i feel to find out i was pregnant after trying fr a year , especially at my age!!!!!!;\) And as you know ended in mc which i did not expect though did think about it being so ancient. I have never ever felt so sad in my life after this but giving it 1 last go. All you guys have kept me strong. I truly believe that 2010 is The year of the baby. I thank God every day for you all and pray for BFPs for you amazing girls oh and ks9 x Take care x Senga
  • Options
    Hi SengaMcbride

You shouldnt feel guilty just cause you have children, you & your partner would like a baby together & there's nothing wrong with that hun. A mc is painful & would hurt anyone wether your childless or had 10 already!

Just wanted to tell you also that I dont think age matters I know what some say but my mum had my sister when she was 40 she had I think 2 mc before she came along but she's a healthy 17 goin on 18 year old now. xxx
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm rainbow (that's all you're getting for now :lol: ) and I'm 26 and so is hubs, we've been together for just over 11 years and have been married just over a year.

We've been TTC since August/September time, got my BFP on 13th November and then had a mc on 24th November at 6+2, athough at 6+1 at an early scan I was told that they couldn't see any evidence of a pregnancy (besides my blood levels).

I'm now on CD26 since my fisr AF after the mc and have just had a my peak so am just going in to the 2ww - hopefully this will also be the last one too (fingers crossed)

xxx
  • Options
    Hi

I am Karen, another golden oldie at 41, DH is 40, I have two grown up children from my previous marriage, 22 and 19. We have a little girl together, she is 22 months. We emigrated from the UK almost 4 years ago and now live in UAE. my two eldest are still in the UK and I miss them like crazy so try to get back as often as I can.

I have suffered 4 m/c, the last one @ 12 weeks. I beat myself up over it because I wasn't that excited about being pregnant again but after seeing baby and a nice strong heartbeat on u/s, I got very excited but sadly it was not meant to be, so here we are ttc again and praying for a sticky bean xx
  • Options
    Hey everyone...i'm 23 and OH is 27, we live in Wirral, near Liverpool/Chester...we're not really TTC at the moment as it's only 3 weeks since mc (at 6 weeks) but we will be when i feel ready. We have a 16 month old little boy and are getting married in 8 weeks! x
  • Options
    Hi girls, I'm Sarah almost 25.
    Quite an oldie on the site now as I've been a member since I was pregnant with my second over 3 years ago!!
    I have 3 girls, almost 5, almost 3 and 19 months. MC number 4 on new years eve image
    Just waiting for first AF to turn up since it happened. Much as I know the wait will kill me, we are'nt going to try again now until July at least.
    x x x
  • Options
    What a lovely thread.

I'm 33 in Feb (ARG) and hubby will turn 34 in April. We've been together 11 years, married for 5 of those. He is the love of my life, and my rock.

We had a partial molar pregnancy, diagnosed in November, 2 months after the erpc. Am supposed to wait until the end of follow up before we ttc, but sod that!

xx
  • Options
    I think I'm the only Irish girl here...don't know whether to be proud or sad at that :lol: xx