Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2018 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

It look gorgeous!! What a fabulous choice of paper and colour 😍😍

• Options

Love it xx 

• Options

Oh Lisil, I love it! 💖🎀😍 beautiful room for a Beautiful baby Girl. Oooo, this is exciting x

• Options

Thanks everyone. We are made up with it! 😄💗😍

• Options

Aww the room is beautiful Lisil! 

Had a really long nap, until I needed to wee.  The internal examination has caused more bleeding. (which the midwife said might happen) Now I have a fear of going to the loo.

Can’t seem to relax, especially this is our first baby. I just don’t know what to do in situations like this. I told my Manager I was okay and bleeding wasn’t anything to be concerned about, but I don’t know if I’m mentally okay to go back to work tomorrow and my job is quite mentally draining dealing with obnoxious brokers. What do I do?! ☹️

• Options

Charlz have tomorrow off - relax at home

• Options

If anyone hasn't got there baby changing bag yet my cousin recommend Pacapod to me, xmas present of my mum - ordered last night & arrived today, really pleased with it. 

We discussed baby feeding at antinatal last night- has anyone else been advised to collect a few test tube of colostrum around week 36onwards ??

they also didnt like Tommee tippee bottles? Why, or the prep machines. I'm hoping to breast feed but bought a few bottles of the prepared milk just incase Which I'll pack in hospital bag.

29&5 today been more tired than usual since Saturday, think she has moved position - can feel more squirming lower  down & feels like the feet are now under right rib cage/arm pit area. She'd been quiet today so came in & laid down & was relieved she instantly started kicking 

• Options

When we were in nicu they said babies didn't like tommee tippee bottles but that's what we had so they were ok with us trying them but didn't expect him to get on with them. He had no issues at all and fed better from them than anything else we'd tried, so I think you just try and find whatever works for baby regardless of what anyone else thinks, some people find the 1st bottle works some try everything on the market. 

• Options

Hi Swilk1,

I will be harvesting Colostrum from 36w, I had a perfect prep machine and I will be useing it again, its all about the pipe getting blocked up but I flushed it through every day and I can hand on heart say it did nothing but enhance my life and my Son never once got ill – the machine can be used with any bottles but I must equally say I was given a look of disgust when I took Tommie Tippee bottles into the hospital my personal experience with them is much the same by way of they are awful!.

I am not sure what information you were given  as to why they are a no go but the teet just is not the right shape for baby’s mouth I get palpitations just looking at a TT bottle as it gives me bad memories, they are really known for giving baby colic aswell once again down to the shape of the teet it allows for alot of air to go in. I am sure there are hundreds of mums on here who had amazing experience with the bottles . They said to me especially for first time Mums TT seem to easily available which is why so many people end up with them. 

This is just my experience and I say go with whatever works for you and a baby! x 

• Options

I've had no trouble with tommee tippee when I used them 5-7yeaEd who and I’ve brought them again but I have also bought the MAM ones as you can microwave sterilise those (as the bottle itself by pulling it all apart) I’m hoping to breast feed but will see how me and baby work as I team at it lol. When you say harvesting, hand expressing with a syringe? X

• Options

Yes Charley87, hand expressing with a syringe and then freezing it and taking it with me for the c-section.

X

• Options

Oh wow xLisilx your nursery is just fab, love it.

I breast fed for 2 weeks then went onto the Tommee Tippee bottles and used the perfect prep machine. it was a god send for those night feeds, have it all cleaned and new filters ordered for this baby. Never had an issue with the bottles, no colic, reflux etc and my lb slept through the night from 6 weeks.

Re harvesting the Colostrum, is there any reason to do this? I too am having a planned c section so should I be doing this too?? xx

• Options

Hi Ladies, Charley I have ordered the breast pump you suggested - fab price :-) 

I was advised yesterday to harvest colostrum from 36 weeks by diabetic midwife, she said it would help stabilise blood sugar of baby - they do classes local to me to show you how to do it. Perhaps speak to midwife and see what your area offers? 

I brought TT bottles and steriliser set - now I am thinking maybe I sod return them and get something else?? 

My boy had terrible colic when he was tiny, no one even suggested trying different bottles!! Although that was 16 years ago......

• Options

Hand expressing Colostrum with a syringe?

• Options

I dont exactly know how it works yet, but I think you must milk yourself and then syringe into a container - I believe you can freeze it?? 

• Options

imageimageIn a booklet I got from works patiet kitchen if it helps anyone x

• Options

Has anyone been suffering with SPD? X

• Options

Ive seen that in a booklet before. I thought it wasn't  great idea to be doing that before baby arrives as it can cause early labour? Or did I imagine that? 

Sorry nicola im not sure what that is so probably not!

• Options

Hi Nicola, I was told I had it a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to have eased off a bit - thank god!! 

I have been trying to do 3x15 min walks a day, have started to use a ruck sack and minimise what I carry and doing yoga 3ish times a week. 

I hope yours isnt too bad as it was horrific the days I had it, couldn’t barely move or sleep! Xx

• Options

question on counting kicks - if baby kicks 2 or 3 times back to back in the same place, do you count that as 1 movement or each bump separately?