Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2018 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Hiya ladies. I’m due 28th April and having a girl 😊. It seems like everyone has lots prepared already! I’ve recently moved home and feel like I have so much to do and time is running out. We only get 1 or 2 days a week to shop and decorate as my partner is in the military and is based 3hrs drive away. Hopefully we will get everything we need by the end of feb so I can stop fretting lol. 

• Options

I'm going with sleeping bags and in the basket before she's big enough a cellular blanket/sheet layers if needed x

• Options

I picked up a bedding set for Moses basket and cot, I think it was sheets and blanket in both, maybe with a coverlet to - like a mini duvet type thing - that being said I also got a sleeping bag, it is quite a thin one for the height of summer, it was super cheap in the sales, the bedding sets also had a huge discount on, but not sure I would have ever paid the original shocking price for them......

yesterday by blood sugar cane back on the cusp of GD, it was literally the first one at The the cut off 7.8,  so have to start monitoring my levels before and after meals I think - I have a morning at the hospital showing me how to use machines and discussing GD in pregnancy and what foods to avoid etc.  Also have to now start heparine injections from now until 6 weeks after delivery, as high risk for DVT, it seems my nice 2nd Tri of an easy pregnancy is now in the past......

On a good note I just had an awesome sleep - which for me is a miracle!! 😁

Becky I love you sandwich bag idea! I will defo do that!  Just need to get nursery finished so I can get all the clothes together, washed and away.  I must start getting my bag packed!! 

Ladies that have done their bag, did you put in a set of going home clothes for yourself, a nice set of PJ’s, something to wear to deliver in and some toiletries?  How many sets of clothes (per age range) did you put in for baby? 

• Options

In my bag so far I have toiletries for me like deodorant and pads etc, nappies etc for baby, 2 nighties, one for labour one for after, will find some pj bottoms. I picked up a lightweight dressing gown aswell. I bought some 'giant' knickers. Just need going home clothes for me an clothes and blanket etc  for baby I THINK lol xxx

• Options

Thanks Mrs G - I am one of those people who pack my hloofah case an hour before I leave, as a I hate suitcase packing, so procrastinate as much as pos.  But really need to get Organisednwith this one - I have an image of me in labour at home shouting at hubbie who is desperately trying to get all the bits for the bag together lol. 

Ladies who are planning to Breast feed - I was told in mothercare, that it is a good idea to get disposable newborn all in one milk bottles (probably called something else) is anyone planning on getting some of those, or just go with breast and hope little one gets enough Before milk comes through properly? 

• Options

I totally understand how you feel, im moving home on 10th feb, not washed any of the baby's things, not got a cot etc. it will all come together in the end lol 🙈

• Options

Suzj I'm not surprised you haven't started much yet moving house is bad enough without being pregnant. I'm sure it'll all come together without you even realising. X

In my bag I have - towel, nightdress and bottoms to labour and deliver in, disposable pants, big cheap black pants, warm socks, ready made formula starter set, freezer bags of 1 x tiny baby 1 x newborn 1 x 0-3 months, maternity pads, 2 x blankets, nappies, wipes, empty carrier bag for washing, toiletries (mini shampoo & shower gel, face wipes, Toothbrushes, toothpaste, flannel, deodorant, lip balm, hairbrush, hairbands) have got toothbrush and deodorant for hubby to freshen up if he needs to. Need to add in going home clothes but shouldn't need anything else, if I stay in longer than expected hubby can bring anything I need. 

• Options

Welcome over here Suzj and congratulations, you're in good company, this birth club is so lovely. Does the new house need lots of work? 

• Options

Hi Ladies,

Today marks the start of the third trimester for me YAY! I am starting to look much more pregnant now ( will post an updated pic soon ) I feel huge and I think I might be on my way to being bigger than I was with my first.

Great updates on everyone's hospital bags :) With my c-section being planned I feel like I really know what I need this time. Because I will be in for a minimum of 48h I also learnt it doesn't all need to come with me on day one. 

One thing I have been advised to do which I learnt in Kangaroo care with my first preemie baby was the week leading up to Cesarean sleep with either a muslin or the comforter you want to give baby that way it already has your scent on it.

Here is my planned contents:

Pink & Blue thin baby grows & Hats 

Swaddle ( I use woombie )

Muslin/Comforter 

MAM anti colic bottles & Pre made formula ( I will be mixed feeding )

Nappies & Water Wipes 

Sanitary Pads & Breast pads

Granny Pants

Slippers

Waterfall Dressing gown 

Open button front nightie for day 1

Pajama for day 2 when catheter out 

Feeding cushion

Maternity Bra

Drinks Bottle

Hot water drinks bottle ( for green tea )

Movicol - if you know, you know ;) 

Toiletries

Are any of the mummies on this thread planning on attending the baby show? It is in March which I know is close to our due dates but its ran by MFM and I really cant recommend it highly enough even if its for a day out. Its worth going purely for the advice and speeches that go on throughout the day.

• Options

Omg these hospital bag lists are a godsend! 

MrsFish im planning on breastfeeding but taking in some small formula bottles Because , you never know! My friend suggested taking a small syringe to feed (you get them with kids calpol) so baby doesn’t get used to bottle teats. Xx

• Options

imageLadies I purchased this (reviews were really good so thought I’d try for the price) and they got deliverd today! Omg!! I thought I’d just see how they work and my breast already gave off about 5ml without doing anything 🙈😳 I wont be doing it again as I’ve heard it starting labour off if you antenatally express but at least I know baby won’t be hungry 😂 x 30weeks today, getting real now x

• Options

Hi Ladies,

Had the biggest scare of my life this morning, usual morning routine, get out of bed for a pee/shower etc. To look down the loo (sorry if tmi) and see blood, wipe and it’s red. 

Shouting at Hubs (who was still sleeping) to say I’m bleeding. Him standing there in shock. I just burst into tears. Called midwife who told me to call the Hospital (10mins down the road from me). Spoke to the hospital who referred me to another hospital 45mins away (as I’m only 27wks+2, needed to go to the other hosp which has better care for premature babies - Incase the bleeding lead to early birth). Trying to get to that hospital in rush hour traffic was horrendous.

Was checked over by the hospital, baby’s heartbeat was fine, baby’s all good. Bleeding was due to something called Cervial Etropion? Something about the neck of the cervix bleeding. One midwife kept asking if I had intercourse in the last 24hrs (Definitely not) made it feel like I was lying. The other midwife was more nice and informative, explaining it’s actually common in pregnancy, and there was nothing to worry about. 

Now I’m resting in bed at home, dreading work tomorrow. I had to bypass calling my TL and just called our senior manager, as my TL is not good with pregnancy and being empathetic, so I thought it was easier to just call the person with the power to overrule my TLs horrible comments and ‘so when will you be ready to come back to slave at your desk’

Sorry for an essay. Needed to get this off my chest, need to relax and no more tears for today! 

• Options

Oh charlz sounds like a horrible moring! Put your feet up and rest! 

• Options

Oh charlz! I would of totally freaked too but glad is all ok and yes, get plenty of rest. ❤️

• Options

Big hugs Charlz ❤ I would have panicked too, get plenty of rest and let hubby pamper you. 

• Options

Oh Charlz what a morning! Sending hugs and make sure you rest up xx

• Options

How horrible for you Charlz - get some rest, and maybe take tomorrow off too if you can x

• Options

Big hugs Charley, rest up xx.  I had a little concern myself last night, the baby wasn't overly active yesterday and in bed me and hubby were poking and prodding baby to get him moving I was shaking my tummy everything but nothing which worried me.. luckily after a while i felt movement.. but I  worry at times especially when I'm busy to make sure I'm feeling him enough x

• Options

Had a rather rpugh couple of weeks, I also had a bleed last week, and lost a bit of my mucus plug - they have put it down to sexual trauma (what a horrific term!!) 

Have high blood sugar following GTT so now have to monitor my blood levels 4 times a day, morning and 1 hour after eating.  

Also have started heparin injections as high risk from DVT. 

The third trimester has not been kind to me so far!! 

On a good note had another scan yesterday, little lady is now 3lb and growing perfectly well 😍

• Options

Rachel glad you've felt little one but please ring the hospital if you have a scare again - better to be safe even if they then kick up a storm when you get there.

Mrs Fish you've not has a easy time have you 😔 🤞 things run a bit more smoothly from now on. And I agree sexual trauma is an awful term haha.

So we had the nursery done today. I am in love! It's so beautiful, the pictures really don't do it any justice 😍 can't wait to build the furniture this weekend now!

imageimageimageimage