Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2018 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Husband would normally walk them but I thought it might distract her from the other one not being home...I won't be doing it on my own again 😂 I think I walk too slow for her aswel as im trying not to fall over in mud and control her at the same time...lesson learned 

you look amazing pregnant charley, my bump isn't quite as 'poppy' as yours if you know what I mean 😂 I feel like mine is lower

• Options

April 16th now :) 

• Options

Thanks Danielle, my due date is the 16th April (not the 20th).

Loving all the bump update ladies - can’t believe how close it is getting! 💜

I’m working up until a week before my due date although my company have definitely changed their behaviour and treatment since I told them I was pregnant (not for the positive) so I am hoping the next few weeks goes quickly!! 

• Options

my last day is 23rd march and am due 5th april so leaving 13 days before. I am already wishing I was on mat leave  I'm so tired, achey and sickness is picking up again. I can't rest at the weekends becasue there is still so much to do and I'm not sleeping well either. I wake up with cramp or pins and needles!! 

• Options

Thank you. I feel like I’ve got a football up my top haha. Oh the sickness 🙈 I woke at 1:30-40am this morning thinking I was going to be sick and hugging the toilet as the feeling wouldn’t go away. I went back to bed with water and it passed. Starting to feel icky again but alongside heartburn 😩

• Options

No mat leave for me, I'm a stay at home mum at the moment so no rest for the wicked! 

Booked my delivery suite tour this morning so in theory I should get to do it on March 7th. I also phoned the hv to book in today but they are yet to get back to me. Feeling knackered today wish I could sleep for a week. 😊

• Options

Ive booked in for the hv aswell. I never knew that it was something we had to do, what happens? 

• Options

What the health visitor? HV? What’s that’s for? Xx

• Options

Health visitor. I had a letter at 28 weeks within an app but I can't   attend because I have consultant so they have booked me in for another date, but I th I know it mogut a great troup thing as there are only certain days out of the month? 

• Options

haha that is meant to say I think it must be a group thing

• Options

Yeah hv is health visitor. Got my letter last week though not really bothered as they weren't much cop in my area last time. I think they just introduce themselves and what they do and answer any questions you might have and they'll be with you after birth for your home visits.

• Options

Im absolutely dreading any home visits 😩

• Options

Ah ok. I didnt do any of that with my other 3 antenatally. I’m not quite sobadnow ive painted over bits that were annoying me around the house haha 😂🙈 finger prints etc. x

• Options

imageHey everyone! 

I had my baby shower this weekend and came home with such a crazy amount of things 🙈!! 

i still feel really unprepared though! What will everyone be putting their baby in to sleep? Blankets or sleep bags etc just wanna make sure I have everything she needs! X 

• Options

my due date is correct but I am team blue!! 

my last date is 25th March, however official date is 1st April as have a weeks holiday still to take. But like many of you so ready to leave, mainly due to pressure at work and then really not understanding how I’m feeling. I think it’s because I’m still quite petite for 28 weeks? or that’s what some of my colleagues are saying anyway! 

We’re all done on the nursery front, with the exception of a mattress for the cot, which is a whole ordeal in itself! don’t have a photo with good lighting so will post as soon as we i do!

• Options

Oh!! Beth2017 I’m the same! I can’t decide what’s best between sleeping bags or swaddling? And then what to swaddle with? As they say muslin clothes but the standard ones don’t seem big enough but large ones seem to be so expensive!! 

• Options

Im getting sleeping bags i think although you can only put baby in them from 8 and a half pounds apparantly. So any baby smaller will have to wait a few weeks. 

• Options

I had a hv last time and the 1st managed to piss us off pretty quickly unfortunately. Got arsey on the phone when I didn't call her back straight away, I'm sorry bit busy having my baby 6 weeks early! and then sent us back to hospital after 2 days of coming out even though we said he was fine and the dr said why are you here? when we got there. I'm sure there are great ones out there just the ones here are really condescending and patronising. 

I do 1 sheet and 1 blanket, like they did in nicu, to start with then switch to bags later. Bags don't fit very well in the baskets. 

• Options

Thank you that's really helpful! Like the cellular bLankets? 

• Options

Yeah. We were taught in nicu, feet to the bottom of the basket/crib then a flat sheet and blanket (something breathable) some babies like swaddling, mine hated it.