Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2021

Replies

• Options
    @Fairycakes88 that sounds fab! Really pleased they are being reasonable about it all! X
  • Options
    Anyone else just not feel pregnant any more? All my symptoms seem to have stopped. No growing bump either. People keep asking me ‘has this happened yet’ and it hasn’t. Now I’m worried something has gone wrong. I have a midwife appointment today so I guess I’ll speak to her about it. I’m almost 16 weeks now 
  • Options
    @Emsy20 I still felt nauseous at 16 weeks so still felt shit and I would say my bump has definitely popped out between weeks 17-18, also lots more growing pains! It's hard not to stress but your hormones are levelling out now! I could have easily hid a bump too at 16 weeks x
  • Options
    @Emsy20 I was the exact same. Now at 18 wks my bump is a little more pronounced but not as much as I thought it would be at this stage. My boobs don't hurt anymore and my insane tiredness has reduced.

I think like @Char09 has said hormones start to level out so there are less symptoms. That's why everyone says the seco d trimester is the best one as you feel normal again.

Good luck at your appointment today xxx
  • Options
    @Fairycakes88 really glad work are being accomodating to your needs. I'm sure it is a big relief xxx
  • Options
    @cheesecoleslaw86 interesting you said about the bump size as I was expecting to be bigger too if I'm honest! I always Google to compare and I can't believe the comparison haha! X
  • Options
    @Char09 me too. I was definitely bigger earlier on. I think when the hormones were raging. But now at 18 weeks, I prob could hide it if I really tired....! Your 20 week scan must be soon? Mine is 10th Nov and I keep saying ill be calmer after that but I don't know who I'm kidding lol

I had a private 16 wk scan and they said my placenta was anterior facing so I'd be delayed in feeling kicks etc sometimes I think I feel a thickly flutter.... Could be nothing though xxx
  • Options
    @cheesecoleslaw86 yes I can still hide now pretty easily!  Yes so my scan is next Friday 6th! Can't wait and can't believe it will be half way! 
    I have an anterior placenta too! I felt lots between 17-18 weeks but she's gone quiet at the moment but I think it's because she's changed to be more central (I have a Doppler and she spent most of her time on my right hand side but now is in the middle) so I'm assuming it's because she's super cushioned! X
  • Options
    @Char09 I know it's hard to believe it's coming up on half way mark 😱 must be lovely hearing the wee woman's hb 💕 I'd say you're right re: her position. She's just nice and snug and protected 😊 xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls :) i just get myself into a state of anxiety most weeks 🙈 midwife appointment was fine, heart beat lovely and strong and baby moving around the said. Just my bloods a bit low so slightly anemic so need to start eating more greens, fish and meat! good job my nausea has settled so shouldn’t be a probably now. 
    great to have this forum to chat to people going through the same thing. Thanks girls :) 
  • Options
    Aw @Emsy20 I know it's hard to not to get anxious. These forums are great for support 😊 really. Glad your appointment went well and hopefully that has reassured you a little. Not long to wait for 20 wk scan 💕
  • Options
    @cheesecoleslaw86 thanks 💗

anyone not finding out the gender of the baby? I don’t want to find out but my husband is desperate to know! Debating to book a surprise private scan for him and find out. I already feel bonded with the baby but I think it’s different for him, especially because he can’t come to any appointments with us being in tier 3 lock down! 
  • Options
    @Emsy20 glad appt went well! I was desperate to know the sex so I couldn’t wait! I think a private scan is a great idea! 
  • Options
    Hope you are keeping well ladies. My morning sickness has came back somewhat but not as bad as before. I'm 15 weeks today! Still dont think I look particularly pregnant, just fond of the food haha. Although I do feel it when bending over etc. 
  • Options
    @Fairycakes88 my morning sickness came back then too it was horrid. I would say past 16 weeks it dissapeared so I'm hoping the end is in sight for you soon! Same with the bump, it will do some growing pretty soon 😍x
  • Options
    @Char09 I'm feeling good today, guess it's just gonna come and go for a little bit longer. I'm glad it's not almost constant like before though!

Anyone else forgetting they are pregnant lol 😂
  • Options
    I hope everyone has been having a nice Halloween despite lockdown! I've just spent the day baking fairy cakes (red ones with green icing and chocolate sprinkles), watching films and eating junk with OH and DD. Absolutely wrecked though and will probably be for bed soon! Been having a lot of weird/bad dreams. Between that and needing to pee I'm awake 3 or 4 times a night and often for the day at 6 or 7am, even on my days off.

Also think I have pregnancy rhinitis. Feels like I'm coming down with a cold. Guess I'll know better in the next couple of days. 
  • Options
    Hello there, sounds like you had a lovely Halloween. I also baked some buns 😊 carved pumpkins and then watched hocus pocus as is my little Halloween tradition 🦇👻🎃 as is lots of junk food!

Not so good about your dreams or waking so much in the night. I sometimes find baby has a wee growth spurt and there's a surge in progesterone that I have weird or scary dreams!

Hope your cold like symptoms have eased xx

• Options
    oh bless u for having not gone off cakes!!!ur cake sounds magical...i used to bake alot too but now even the sight of my oven churns my stomach!! one of my ealy signs of pregnancy was when i was baking a chocolate cake for my little sister' s birthday and i kept having nausea to the point that i threw up at the kitchen sink!! pregnancy rhinitis is soo me ...my nose is constantly damp!!
  • Options
    I love Hocus Pocus, watch it at Halloween myself. Well its definitely a cold I have, my nose is running like a tap today and have that distinctive tingling feeling in my nose and at the back of my throat. Dont feel too bad though. 

I think I felt a little bit of movement last night! I was lying in bed and felt a little pressure on the right hand side of my belly button area and then a little flutter and the pressure lifted then. I'm 15+4 now, and look about 30 weeks 😂😂