Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2022

Replies

• Options
    :( Griff001 said:
    Nat-ttc2 said:
    @Griff001 sorry to hear about your misscarriage....
    how easy is it to get an early scan on the NHS?

I had a chemical 1 week after period was due..... excuse my ignorance but at what point does a chemical become a miscarriage? 
    the nurse told me it was a chemical as it was early..... but I missed my period and had progressing hpts for a few days which then slowly faded.

I would really like to have a reassurance scan on nhs even though ive had progressing hpts over the last week and clearblue digi has gone from 1-2 weeks to 3+ in the space of 10 days so im hoping that everythings all good but obviously you cant help but worry can you? xxx
    I believe it stops being chemical at 5 weeks.

A missed misscarriage is when the embryo stops developing, but you don't spontaneously miscarry. So you could continue to think you are pregnant for weeks only to find out at the 12 week scan that it didn't get past a certain point.

I don't know how easy it is to get an early scan on NHS. I think you can if you've had lots of miscarriages in a row e.g. 3+ or if you've had an ectopic or anything else similar. Not sure about just because you are worried. You can get a referral by your GP if you bleed or something like that.

I've got my booking in appointment on 31st which means I'll only be 7 weeks, but she had my dates and that's when she suggested. I'll ask her about it.
    Thank you for clarifying hun, makes sense now. Apologies if I came across as ignorant. My booking appt is Tuesday 7th at 8 weeks but apparently they are doing it over the phone 🙄
  • Options
    Nat-ttc2 said:
    :( Griff001 said:
    Nat-ttc2 said:
    @Griff001 sorry to hear about your misscarriage....
    how easy is it to get an early scan on the NHS?

I had a chemical 1 week after period was due..... excuse my ignorance but at what point does a chemical become a miscarriage? 
    the nurse told me it was a chemical as it was early..... but I missed my period and had progressing hpts for a few days which then slowly faded.

I would really like to have a reassurance scan on nhs even though ive had progressing hpts over the last week and clearblue digi has gone from 1-2 weeks to 3+ in the space of 10 days so im hoping that everythings all good but obviously you cant help but worry can you? xxx
    I believe it stops being chemical at 5 weeks.

A missed misscarriage is when the embryo stops developing, but you don't spontaneously miscarry. So you could continue to think you are pregnant for weeks only to find out at the 12 week scan that it didn't get past a certain point.

I don't know how easy it is to get an early scan on NHS. I think you can if you've had lots of miscarriages in a row e.g. 3+ or if you've had an ectopic or anything else similar. Not sure about just because you are worried. You can get a referral by your GP if you bleed or something like that.

I've got my booking in appointment on 31st which means I'll only be 7 weeks, but she had my dates and that's when she suggested. I'll ask her about it.
    Thank you for clarifying hun, makes sense now. Apologies if I came across as ignorant. My booking appt is Tuesday 7th at 8 weeks but apparently they are doing it over the phone 🙄
    Not ignorant in the slightest.
    Mine is over the phone and then go in for bloods etc. I believe it's too limit contact time.
    Hopefully restrictions will continue to ease
  • Options
    Welcome to all you new ladies! Sorry I've not been around, two little ones under my feet keeps me busy but, from the 30th, I'll have 2.5 hours free all to myself! 
    What symptoms are everyone getting? I don't feel very pregnant but I am tired and having insomnia most nights too. Although less when I run. No vomiting yet but I'm only 5+2 so still very early days!
  • Options
    I’m very very very sick 😢 all day everyday doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it so far. Although I’m totaly counting my blessings I have to say I’m struggling feeling like this everyday. I have 2 weeks off work at the moment as had holidays to use up and thought I would use them in line with my little boy starting school so I could be there to take and pick him up everyday. It’s also his 5th birthday today so I’m feeling extra emotional. Just hoping the sickness gives me a little break today to enjoy his bday with him. Other than that I have sore boobs and just feeling exhausted (god I sound like a moan lol) xxx
  • Options
    Nat-ttc2 said:
    Wellcome1 said:
    Hi ladies, hope it’s ok to jump on board?? I got my 1st BFP on the 13th so due around 24th April (my daughters birthday) praying for a happy and healthy 8 months xx 
    congrats hun!  :) welcome to the group. How are you feeling? xx
    I’m feeling good thanks, very early days yet tho! I’m unsure of my dates and I’m still BF my little boy and my cycles have been all over the place! 
    Need to get in to see my doc and ask for HCG test.
    how are you?? How far along are you? Is this your 1st baby? 
    Wow lots of questions lol x 
  • Options
    Hi everyone I've just got my positive test this morning and had to tell someone that wasn't my hubby haha Couldn't! Couldn't sleep, due on today but been feeling a little sick so thought I'd test and got a positive! Literally just made it into this birth club because based on my dates I'm due 30th April and bang on 4 weeks today. Part of me wishes I'd waited a little longer to test in case it turns out to be a chemical but too late now!

I've been a member of made for mums since 2017 when I had a miscarriage. The support on the trying to conceive after miscarriage group was amazing. Love this little community! I was lucky to fall pregnant again quite quickly after my miscarriage and had a little girl in March 2018. We've been lucky again with falling very quickly this time round. Just hoping this is a sticky bean because I know all to well the pain of miscarriage.

Good luck and congratulations to you all xx
  • Options
    Aw welcome @xLisilx I know what u mean about waiting and finding out later it just seems such a long time when you find out so early doesn’t it. How are we all. We have had a busy weekend it was my little boys 5th birthday. I got my appointment through for my 12 week scan which is 23rd September 😃 excited but it just seems ages away. Im a proper sweet tooth person and I’ve gone off everything sweet we have had 2 birthdays this week and I haven’t even managed a slice of cake. So strange for me. X
  • Options
    Yes it definitely feels like forever doesn't it @Fee0806. Hope your little boy had a lovely day.
    I won't be having my 12 week scan until the 3rd week in October so that really does feel forever away! x
  • Options
    🙈🙈🙈 
    It feels so so early to be joining this thread but I literally feel like I’m going to pop with wanting to tell people!!!
    I got my BFP today after 2 years TTC!! 🥳🥳
    I’ve switched the laparoscopy that I had booked for this Friday for a scan on the 14th September!! 
    Early scan as we had just entered into fertility treatment! 
    I’m 42, first baby and totally terrified now that it won’t stick! 
    5 weeks today 🙈🙈🙈 eeeek!!!
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!
    Welcome @xLisilx @KelB79 Congrats also!

How is everyone feeling?

I havent been on for a fair few days now..... so much can change in a week!
    I am just over 6 weeks and so many symptoms have appeared in the last few days. Nausea is kicking in during the night when im most hungry and its waking me up!! 
    And such a strange one but i am constantly FREEEEEEZING COLD!!! CUrrently sat here in my office with a jacket on and a little portable heater blowing right at me.... yet ive got goosebumps and im still cold! 
    No fever though so i know its not an infection or anything. Someone mentioned hypothyroidism to me and that it can go into overdrive during pregnancy so if im still feleing cold i will mention it at my 8 week appt with the midwife on 7 Sep.

Got my 2nd covid jab booked for 8 september too.

xxxxxx

• Options
    I'm leaving the group just as soon as I arrived. I'm bleeding unfortunately so it wasn't meant to be this time. Good luck ladies x
  • Options
    xLisilx said:
    I'm leaving the group just as soon as I arrived. I'm bleeding unfortunately so it wasn't meant to be this time. Good luck ladies x
    So sorry hun 😔 xxxx
  • Options
    I am so so sorry to hear this @xLisilx xxx
  • Options
    Oh @xLisilx I’m so sorry! I’m praying it’s just a little bleed and everything’s ok after all…. Sending you so much love! xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Really struggling with tiredness and sickness. I literally feel
    nauseous from the min I open my eyes in the morning until I go to bed. I also feel absolutly exhausted all the time. I don’t remember ever feeling this tired when I was pregnant with my son. I wake up in the morning and by 10am could easily nap then by 4 in the afternoon just feel ready for bed. I’ve been on holiday from work for 2 weeks but I go back Friday and I’m actually dreading it as can’t imagine getting through a working day feeling like this. Hope everyone is doing ok x
  • Options
    I’m actually in the place of wishing for symptoms 🙈🙈
    that sounds mad but I guess it’s so early for me and it doesn’t feel real at all!
    I just want to keep testing 😩😩😩
  • Options
    @KelB79 honestly make the most of the no symptoms as this sickness is no fun. Although I do know what u mean as if this stopped I’d prob be worrying then too lol it’s never ending eh lol xx
  • Options
    I think I’ve started imagining symptoms now 🤣🤣 
    I definitely feel quite crampy and I’m getting lots of painful trapped wind which is rare for me - I keep freaking out about it coz it’s so painful then I figure it out 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
    I’m shattered but I own a restaurant in a super busy tourist town so that’s not necessarily a symptom 🤣
    my OH thinks I’ve got baby brain already but I’m just completely overwhelmed and struggling to concentrate!  🙈🙈
    but I do keep getting uncomfortable nipple - not painful but kind of burny?? 
    Time has never gone so slowly!! I’m desperate to just to that scan!! 😩
    Have you guys told anyone?
    We’ve told our parents and best friends - I want that support network should anything happen but I so needed to just blurt it out too!! 🤣
  • Options
    Hi! Currently 5+3, pregnant after a missed miscarriage in February, and chemical pregnancy in 2019! Was trying to stay cool, calm and collected but had some spotting yesterday evening, just the once when I went to the loo then nothing since! Has anybody else had this? After the trauma i went through earlier in the year its really freaked me out and I felt I needed to reach out! Really hoping it's just a breakthrough bleed or something?? I don't think EPAU could scan and check this early in the pregnancy could they?

Sorry for long rambling post.. just feeling emotional, tired and anxious!! 😩😩

Xx
  • Options
    @Loz_92 stay calm chick! ❤️❤️ It’s supposed to be pretty normal. 
    My mum bled for weeks with me and was convinced she’d lost me (she had a still birth previously) but all was fine. 
    If you get any bad cramping or pain the get it checked and if you’re worried then maybe look at getting an early scan to calm your nerves. 
    I know EXACTLY how you’re feeling… I’ve not had any chemicals/miscarriages but this is my first time pregnant and we were TTC for over 2 years. I’m 42. So I’m completely freaking out about everything but trying so hard not to 🙈🙈 
    It’s so so difficult at this point isn’t it!!! 😵‍💫😵‍💫