Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2020

Replies

• Options
    @Chloe888 take care of you lovely. Bet this is so hard for you xx
  • Options
    @Lia15 thank you 
    @Kayt2 its heartbreaking I've coped till this week and its just hit me x
  • Options
    Thinking of you lovely!
    was it your 20 week scan you  found out? 
  • Options
    @Kayt2 no 12 week scan 
  • Options
    Ah I see how far gone are you now?? 
  • Options
    @katy2 17 weeks now 
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm new to this website!
    I am 25 years old, first time single mum , I am 18w4d ! 
    I am to put it lightly terrified of what's to come and also excited but very overwhelming even now at this point of doing and feeling this all alone and not having the person who I thought loved me here with me to go threw this together  ! Hoping to find support in ye other expecting mums and to be able get advise of people going threw the same experiences I am 
  • Options
    Welcome @Emmaj94 and congratulations! 

Hello everyone else here too, we hope you're all ok and staying safe. We wanted to let you know, if you have any questions about Coronavirus during pregnancy, we have set up a thread where you can ask anything you like, and we'll try and get answers for you. You can find it here. Please do feel free to answer any other threads you might spot too! Stay safe everyone x
  • Options
    Thank you all for everything you have done and helped me through. ❤ I can't believe i would ever have to write this but I think we have come to the end of the road with the little one. I'm 17w 5d and what a fight it has put up. Hydrops is getting worse and cystic hygroma is bigger also. It now has a hypoplastic heart and the kidneys are failing. If I were to choose to carry on and by some absolute miracle the baby made it full term they have said it would be palliative care only 😭 I'm heartbroken x
  • Options
    Oh @Chloe888 we are so sorry for what you are going through and absolutely devastated for you. If we can point you in the direction of any support threads, please do let us know. And if you would prefer for us to turn the notifications off in this birth club, just let us know. Sending massive hugs x
  • Options
    I am new here and obviously dont know the circumstances of your situation but I am so sorry ❤ I couldn't even imagine what you are feeling right now ! 

Chloe888 said:
    Thank you all for everything you have done and helped me through. ❤ I can't believe i would ever have to write this but I think we have come to the end of the road with the little one. I'm 17w 5d and what a fight it has put up. Hydrops is getting worse and cystic hygroma is bigger also. It now has a hypoplastic heart and the kidneys are failing. If I were to choose to carry on and by some absolute miracle the baby made it full term they have said it would be palliative care only 😭 I'm heartbroken x

• Options
    Oh Chloe, I’m absolutely devastated for you. This is far from the update I’ve been hoping for for you.
    I’m sending you all my love and strength, can’t imagine what you’re facing xxx
  • Options
    @Pe4nut I know this isn't the update we ever wanted. I'm just broken! Xx
  • Options
    @Chloe888, oh hun... can’t even imagine what you would be going through. I’m sending you all my love. Stay strong my dear, more power to you. Hugs 
  • Options
    @Chloe888 how are you holding up lv! I cannot imagine what you must be going through my heart is with you all at this unbelievably painful time ♥️
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words.

@Wellcome1 I'm not great really. Having to think about making some tough decisions now. Xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, how's it all going? 
    We're wondering what have your hospitals/midwives said about your whooping cough jabs and next scan appointments? 
  • Options
    I had my 20 week scan yesterday. All is well, and very surprised to find out we’re expecting a girl! We have a little boy who’s devastated that he’s not getting a brother though, hopefully he comes round soon! 🙈

My husband wasn’t allowed to come to the scan with me, and they refused to write the gender down (against NHS policy apparently!?) so it was a bit strange but hey ho,.. it’s all for our safety isn’t it!

I’m really struggling with a cold at the moment. Got no honey or lemon in! 
    How is everyone?? x
  • Options
    @Pe4nut congratulations on your little girl - I’m sure her big brother will come round in no time! 
    I had my 20 week scan earlier this week too but not sure if what she said is correct because they wrote the gender down in an envelope for me and my partner so we could open it together later as he also wasn’t allowed in?
    im expecting a baby boy 💙 we are over the moon. 
  • Options
    Ah @dd1001 I’m glad they wrote it down for you! I’d heard of other people getting this so I did wonder when she said it was against policy 🙄 Never mind, we know now! it’s so exciting knowing the gender,.. wish I could go baby clothes shopping though! Can’t even order online at Next anymore!

My midwife called today and cancelled my 21 week appointment for Monday which is disappointing. I won’t be seen now until 28 weeks at the end of May! Seems like such a long time. I’ve only been seen for booking in and 16 week appointment.
    She said it was fine because I’d been seen this week for a scan, but they didn’t do urine and blood pressure etc there?! Even more frustrating given I have anterior placenta so not likely to feel kicks as easily as some hmmph!!