Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2020

1363738394042»

Replies

• Options
    @dd1001 thank you so much! Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time 🙏! 

Omg im so excited and pleased for you 💗 do we have a name ? Xx
  • Options
    Ah @Chloe888 that’s amazing news, I’m delighted for you! 💖 have you had a booking in appointment yet? Don’t forget to ask if there’s a rainbow clinic midwifery service in your area xx

Can’t believe my baby is 9 days old already!! Time is flying. She’s so different to how my toddler was as a baby. So much more chilled! She’s a little dream! Let’s hope it continues 🤞
  • Options
    @Pe4nut thank you so much ! No its all over the phone at 8 weeks I'm not sure we see a midwife at all in my area now 🤔 ! But my blood group is a worry this time round ! My consultant is going to see me at 12 weeks as well which im happy about xx
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP Chloe888. Seems like a gift from your rainbow baby ❤️ I had a rainbow baby before this pregnancy. They stay in your heart forever. I hope everything goes well for you ❤️
  • Options
    @Sunflowerkisses thank you so much ! Yes I think its a gift from her too ! 💕🌈 xx
  • Options
    Hello everyone, sorry we have been AWOL - we're not sure who is still awaiting their baby or not, but we wanted to let you know we have created your very own August 2020 Babies thread.
    Please do come on over, whether your baby has arrived or not, as we will eventually close this thread. 
    We would love to hear your baby news! 
    New thread this way....
  • Options
    @Chloe888 congratulations, I wish you the very best ❤️

My little girl arrived by emergency c section on 15th August. I had been having mild cramps all day and then around 5pm my waters broke but the was of poo in them just like my previous pregnancy. 
    Went into hospital, they were concerned about how much there was and with only being 2cm when examined as well as being classed as high risk because of my previous c section they wanted to either put me on the hormone drip and see what happened or go straight to another c section. 

Recovery is hard when you have a 2 year old running around. He has been brilliant and constantly gives her hugs and kisses but now on day 11 reality seems to have hit and he has been waking earlier for the last few days and becoming quite jealous when I’m feeding. Hopefully he settles down soon, it gives you such bad mum guilt when you can’t just play with them because you are busy with the baby. 

Hope everyone else is doing well x
  • Options
    Ah @Matilda88 congratulations on your little arrival! Hope you’re starting to feel more human after your section. My elective was a totally different experience To my emergency 3 years ago. I feel like  I’m recovering a lot quicker. Im
    on day15 now and no longer need pain relief. My wound is looking good too. Feeling stronger every day. Were you hoping for VBAC? It was never an option for me. 

My 3 year old is acting similarly. It’s so hard isn’t it!! Moments of pure love for his sister but then other moments of pure jealousy, ha. He’s back in nursery now but he’s struggled to settle back in, probably because he knows we’re at home! 

• Options
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is well! 
    My little girl made an appearance at exactly 41weeks, on 12th August. It all happened so quickly. I cant remember feeling any different in the couple of days before labour. I woke up at around 6am desperately "needing the loo", my stomach was aching but didn't feel anything like i expected if I was in labour. My partner got up at 7am for work, he kept asking if he needed to stay home and I kept telling him to go to work because the baby wasn't coming. He called triage for me and they said to go in due to the pain with no other usual labour signs, at this point I was stood clutching the the bathroom sink absolutely roasting as it was already 25°C at 8/8:30am, he came in and i was bleeding vaginally so he rang for an ambulance, which arrived at about 8:40ish. Turns out I was actually contracting back to back and thats why I couldn't tell i was having contractions. It was just one constant pain. The paramedics were trying to get a midwife to attend for a home birth but the closest one was 45minutes away and the hospital was only a 10-15 minute drive. I was pushing in the ambulance and little one was born at 9:46am shortly after arriving at hospital. I only had gas and air due to how quick everything happened. 
  • Options
    Omg all you women are like warriors ! How gorgeous 😍 xx
  • Options
    Wow @Vickie2019!! Congratulations on your gorgeous girl! And what an experience, so glad everything went well and you got to hospital in time. Have you even had time to digest it all? Haha. I gave birth the day before
    you and those days were soooo hot! We’re defo warriors! x