Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2015 Part 4

Replies

• Options

Think we are all getting fed up now. My back has been aching all day and achey pains right down below. Mainly when I walk, but not like contractions. not that I know what they feel like ha

i want our Xmas tree up this weekend to get in the mood! But first my car has its mot tomorrow, not looking forward to that! 

• Options

Morning ladies How are you? 

Quick question.... What are your movements like now we are coming towards the end. Pickle has been super active for the last few days but since last night has been quieter, he is moving around bur nothing like the last few days. Wondering if this is normal or if he is getting ready! 

Apart from that how is everyone else? Any nice plans for the weekend? I'm going into work today for my Christmas lunch...will be interesting to hear what's been going on in the last 3 weeks!  

• Options

He was more active but over the past 2 days much quieter and I am due in 2 days so hoping it means not long :-)

• Options

Morning!  Oo I'm so excited for you ladies with the imminent birth of your babies 👶. I can't wait to read as each one puts in an appearance. Elliott is doing well,  took him Christmas shopping on the bus yesterday evening. Wearing a reindeer onesie that his big sis bought him! He slept all the way round Newlook, topshop and next. Xx 

• Options

Wow Sunny you sound like you ate making a quick recovery! Would love to see a pic of Eliott in the onesie! Xx

• Options

Morning squeak & runner. With regards to movements, I have noticed that the feel of movements has changed (really running out of room!) But he still moves at the same time of the day and for the same amount of time. The midwife did say to me the feel of movement will change but baby should still move at the usual times. If your baby's movements have slowed down and reduced, you should get checked!

Sunny...Well done you!!! Sounds like you and Elliot are doing so well! Like hadepop said, would love to see a piccie 😊

Hadepop...38 weeks today!! Do you have anymore midwife appointments? I've had mine this morning, baby has started to engage (explains my pressure and pains in my foo foo!) But the little bugger has turned back to back again!!! I'll be doing a lot of playing on all 4s with Joshua!!

• Options

Morning ladies, 

Well done sunny for shopping with a newborn !  And on the bus - I'm sorry to say I've stockpiled as much as I can and have only planned for one grocery run between baby and Xmas ( to be done by hubby and oldest sons haha!)

With regards to movements, baby is sqished I think so they have changed but she still has her wiggling times of the day and night, any big movements actually hurt now but the little ones are still fine - my youngest says she likes baby making my bump wobble lol 

• Options

Don't know if its just me or if its the way baby is positioned but I am getting some periody type cramping and its blooming uncomfortable! 

It's not constant but comes and goes similar to a b/h (but feels more like cramp??)

Has any one else had this??

• Options

Well I had really strong Braxton hicks today that latest for three hours pretty continuous, I really thought it was the statt but things have settled down now :(

It's a shame as this would be our perfect weekend for him to come  

• Options

Busymamma I've been really crampy the last week or so, like feeling that my period is coming! 

Squeak, what a shame! They like to keep us on our toes and tricking us don't they?!

Had my work Christmas lunch today at a lovely wine bar in town. Was delicious and really nice to see everyone 😊

• Options

I've had no bh! Did have backache yesterday and when baby moves causes pain down below which I'm hoping means baby is in the right place! and campy pains right underneath yesterday but not in my stomach. I hope baby isn't too long. 

Swanny that sounds lovely! I could just eat a Xmas dinner now! Yum

• Options

Hi Gaeaf, I didn't go for the traditional Christmas dinner this time....I hadcderp fried brie, fish, chips & minted mushy peas and then white chocolate and malteaser cheesecake. Was yummy!!

How's everyone feeling on this Saturday morning?? 

We're off to see Santa this morning at the local garden centre....see what weird and wonderful things Joshua requests that we'll have to go on the hunt for 😝

• Options

Swanny that sounds Wonderful. And to see Santa - how magical for Joshua. 

I feel dreadful this morning, my iron is low so I have no energy. Exhausted. Feel heavy. Baby is having a party in there. Painful. Uncomfortable and heavy lol.  All lovely feelings. But due date is tomorrow. Hope everyone else is feeling better.

Sweep on Monday but have had a very dodgy stomach today. So fingers crossed things happen. X

• Options

Ooh Runner that sounds promising!

I bumped into some people I know in town who said I looked like I was about to topple over..and here was me thinking my bump was quite compact for 38 weeks :-(

Still managed to get to the bank for 9 and home again just after 10 which I was pleased with...my SPD feels bad today when it has been good for a few days, & getting these shooting pains in my back again.

Hope Joshua enjoys meeting Father Christmas Swanny x

• Options

Evening ladies - how's everyone's Saturday been??

Not seen Sophie or Danielle for a couple of days so fingers crossed for you ladies ;)

My weekend started with a lie in ! Not too much sleep last night thanks to some awful nightmares but glad to have a couple extra hours to snooze this morning :)

Had a chilled out douvet day watching Xmas films with my girls while the boys had an Xbox match ! So apart from sorting lunch and tea I've not done much of anything lol

Not had more than a few b/h either which has been a relief as last night I was so sore from them - felt like I'd been doing sit ups all day lol

• Options

Hi ladies..... Just thought I'd share this picture of Joshua....made me chuckle! He was quite excited about the reindeer! Lol ximage

Hadepop don't listen to people, I'm sure your bump is lovely! And different people see different things 😊 

Busymamma tat sounds like a lovely day! Love lazy days 😊

• Options

Evening ladies how are you all doing? 

I have had contractions on and off for the last two days. Mainly in the afternoon and evening. Got down to 13 mins apart over an hour and lasting over a minute each but then they fizzle out! At least my body is doing the right preparation but it's just frustrating to know when it's going to happen!

Apart from that we have had a lazy day watching movies as this could be our last weekend we don't have the kids before Pickle arrives!  

• Options

Ooh Squeak that does sound promising!

Swanny Joshua's face is a picture!

You're right everyone does see different things, My consultant is happy with weight gain etc. & we are both healthy thats all that matters :-)

I picked up drawers for the nursery yesterday & packed bubs clothes etc. away...and then set up a 'change station' downstairs with nappies etc. & plenty of outfit changes!

Today I think I will get the prams out & check I know how to collapse them etc... Also I need to put he babyseat in the car as I have never done that although I have read the instructions...

What are everyone elses plans? Xx

• Options

Hiya ladies,

I've had a busy weekend so not had chance to get on, but still no signs of baby coming. No braxton hicks or any signs of contractions,  and she's still moving as though she's got tons of room although my stomachs as hard as rock!

I went out for a xmas meal last night with girls from the yard. My eyes were alot bigger than my stomach though! Even managed to join in on one of the dances, oops upside your head, as least I could sit down to dance haha!

Think I'll join you Hadepop on checking how the pushchair opens, closes and the car seat fitting. They're still in their boxes.

Got my sweep on Tues,  so hoping there'll be some signs afterwards! Xx

• Options

I've had no signs either Sophie! When was your due date? I'm a week today so will be having sweep on Monday. Think this little one seems quite comfy. I missed my Xmas party last night, I couldnt be bothered to drive.

my stepdaughter has come out in chickenpox everywhere this weekend! Thought she had missed it, I rang the midwife and she said still no problems with my being 39 weeks today nothing they need to do. It doesn't help anxiety to google either!

i can manage the pram, it's been u for a few weeks, but havnt trialed the seat in car.

our furniture is coming tomorrow so I hope I can then put baby things away!