Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Due in June 2016 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Replies

• Options

So my birth story is pretty straight forward! 

Was 5 days overdue with our son, on Saturday evening I started getting really strong braxton Hicks before I realised they were actually contractions. Timed them but they were so erratic in times, I didn't know what happening. Went to bed but kept feeling sick so came downstairs so as not to disturb the other half. 

Slept in between contractions and was eventually quite sick at half 3 this morning. Contractions coming closer but triage wouldn't confirm if I could come in! Another 3 hours of being sick and not sleeping. Finally rang the birth centre and was told to come in but there was no rush.

Went there straight away, got our room sorted and i was 3cm dilated at around 7am. Was told to go home and come back in a few hours, then I was sick again, waters broke when on the loo around 10am and was fully dilated! I tried to sleep again in between contractions and woke up needing to push! Other half got midwife who got pool filled up straight away. In between lots of swearing from me and motivational speeches from other half and cajoling from 2 midwives, Callum decided enough was enough for his poor mother and quite literally popped out at 11:55. I managed to scoop him out of the pool and got some lovely skin to skin action. I couldn't have asked for a better experience (well far less pain would have been nice) and feel very lucky! 

• Options

It's great that you got to give birth in the pool Ginabambino! It does sound like the birth went pretty smoothly all things considered (apart from the sickness and pain obviously!!). Hope you and Callum are doing well and that you aren't in too much pain post-birth.

Vxx

• Options

Ginabambino, what a wonderful, calm (it sounded calm, it probably wasn't!) birth you had - sounds rather relaxed - how you guys doing now? And thanks so much for posting your story - this is the BEST thread!

• Options

Haha Danielle, I don't think my partner would agree but I don't remember much thanks to gas and air. I have a lot for stitches as I tore quite badly and have a sore throat from screaming so much so I'm achy from top to toe! 

Callum is an angel. Cracked on with breastfeeding and we're home and settling in. I'm just so grateful for my wonderful midwives as well! 

• Options

My story.

On friday at 5 days late i was getting lots of pressure and irregular contractions was checked over and told i was 2cm and contracting two in ten so to go home over night i was still getting contractions all over the place but was getting stronger and alot more pressure at around 1pm saturday i rang the birth center a little white lie that they was coming 3 in ten minutes but didnt lie that they were strong. I got to hospital at 1:50pm and was 7-8cm got in the pool and was on the gas and air some time passed and i got the feeling to push after an hour the midwife was worried my prolapse was in the way so i was examined my membranes were still in tact and was still only 8cm :( i felt very disheartened but got back in the pool and tried not to push in the end the midwife popped my waters for me and within 10 mins i was pushing him down 20 minutes later at 18:33 Wyatt entered the world weighing 9lb 8oz and we was instantly in love.

I was then check to see if i needed stitches i had 2nd degree tears the birth center was busy and only two midwifes were available so mine had to keep leaving during stitching me up to tend to other ladies in which time the anesthetic she had given me to numb me had worn off i had to have the last two stitches put in feeling absolutely everything and i can honestly say it was torture my husband actually had to tell her to stop at two as i actually needed three but couldn't take anymore.

After doing all of that work on just gas and air i was determined to go home haha so we made it home at 00:30am and i have the most supportive and wonderful husband in the world he has done everything around the house and taken care of me Wyatt and Jack our 17 month old while dead on his feet couldn't ask for for a better man in my life.

Massive congratulations to all you new mummies hope your all recovering well and enjoying your babies <3 xx

• Options

Hello I know I haven't posted for a while but here's why This little beaut turned up on her due date June 10th at 4:39 am I was induced because of her weight turns out she was 7lb 1oz :) image

• Options

Wow NicNac88, what a fabulous water birth you had and that's a good sized baby too - the part about the stitches deinitely made me really wince - we hope you're healing up now and things aren't too painful?

And welcome to the World Wyatt - how's he doing? Your husband sounds wonderful too - what a good man to have by your side.

• Options

Oh EmmaC191, she's perfect! Does she have a name yet? Please do come and tell us your birth story if you get the chance?

• Options

Im in agony if im honest but hopefully wont be too long until im healed. Wyatt is doing fab thank you. He truly is i know its us women that go through all the pain but hes defiantly made recovering alot easier :D 

• Options

You sitting on a cushion NicNac88? Lots of pain killers if you can...

• Options

Congrats Emma!! Wonderful news. She's gorgeous x

• Options

Her name is Scarlett-rose :) I went in to be induced on weds 8th with the pessary, after a long wait Thursday I finally went to labour ward at 1am Friday morning.they broke my waters at 2 and started me on the hormone drip at half past! By 3 I was having contractions n needed to push by 4am!! By 4:39 with a cut she was here!! By 6pm the same day we were sent home :) all happened so quickly!! Apart from my stitches where I needed a cut I've been really well n Scarlet-rose is beautiful and is so chilled ou 

• Options

No just lots of painkillers and baths with lavender oil

• Options

Your birth stories are amazing NicNac and EmmaC and the pix of Wyatt and Scarlett-Rose are beautiful! Your experience with having stitches after the birth sounds incredibly sore NicNac (stitches without anaesthetic - ouch!!) and I hope the pain eases soon. Sounds like everything moved pretty fast for you EmmaC once you got onto the labour ward - to go from contractions starting to needing to push in such a short space of time must have taken you by surprise!! xx

• Options

It sure did move pretty quick, yes I was in too much pain with contractions to notice the time n the midwife popped out for a quick break when I needed to push!! I hate my stitches they are still quite sore so I might go n get them checked out :( hope everyone is well x

• Options

Stitches are worse than giving birth! Mine are irritating me inside and out:( think i've also got a pile! eek, sorry if TMI. Joys of giving birth. 

Hope everyone else is feeling fine and dandy.. 

• Options

Haha dignity and tmi go out the window when birth is involved! Mine are killing me and as one is right near my bum I can't sit down or stand up for long. Well annoying! 

• Options

It was horrific Vixi never again still very sore and struggling to go to the loo as so close to my bum and piles having a melt down day :( 

• Options

NicNac88, Vikster2000 posted an awesome tip about going to the loo on the new June 16 Babies thread - have a jug of cold water and pour on as you pee - really takes the sting out.

• Options

I dont mean for a wee haha