Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I know that there is so much going on in the world but I hate that they cancel appointments and do them over the phone I think it’s important to be measured when your so close to the end of pregnancy not only that I still don’t have my matb1 form I had protein and leukocytes in my wee last time but never heard anything back!! Not only that I think it’s just nice to have some reassurance of normality from a midwife last time I went I was so tearful and emotional about everything that I needed that little bit of reassurance!! Hopefully we will have a little bit more of normality in the next few weeks although I think we will still be in lockdown for at least another 6!! Xx
  • Options
    So glad you had your reassurance and little one got moving! 
    I had ct scans and other scans on my lungs around the 22week mark they thought I had a clot in my lung and one of the side effects they warned me about with all the radiation was low birth weight so I'm guessing maybe that's why.. I'm really hoping he gets fatter because the last thing I want atm is to be induced with everything going on, but if needs must what ever is safe for baby.
    They said baby was 3/5 engaged and omg did I feel it I was having very sharp shooting pains below and the pressure was alot! so you could be right and maybe that's the pressure your feeling! 
    Xx
  • Options
    @MillP
    i know they say you shouldn’t, but if you feel comfortable with that, then I would definitely ask. I know I would, Obviously you wouldn’t do it if you felt like you were putting him at risk. But a lot can change in 3 weeks and I hope for all our sakes we can have a birth something like the one we planned. Fingers crossed!!

@Vickyjay1
    sorry to hear your having problems, it’s so scary. I don’t understand how anyone can enjoy being pregnant. I’ve just been a worrier the whole time 😂 at least they are keeping an eye with regular scans. My husbands the same, like oh I’m sure everything’s fine. Just being lazy, but they don’t know the feelings like we do, and we know when something doesn’t feel right. 

I’ve been twice now with reduced movements and I feel so silly that after about 20 minutes monitoring baby starts kicking up a fuss. But always best to go just for peace of mind, last time I waited 3 days because I was worried about going to the hospital because of corona, but I was driving myself crazy overthinking. X
  • Options
    @georgiatim I totally agree I feel like poop lol my whole body just aches and still 8 weeks to go 😭 I also had a rotten time with my first born babyboy who is now 6, I'm also grateful for the scans just wish I didnt have to go alone and other half could see him:( 

Honestly dont feel like that, they have got me going in daily for ctgs and its 10000% better to just get peace of mind, especially after googling reduced movements not good for someone who is already a over thinker like me lol! 
    When are you due?
    Xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies, just trying to catch up but i seem to have missed a lot on here! Hope you are all okay!? 

I’m now 31+2 and I’m actually feeling pretty chilled... pregnancy went really fast to begin with though but definitely seems to have slowed down now. I just want her to be here! 

Rubbish that some of you have had appointments cancelled etc. I didn’t think they wanted to do that for maternity as they said monitoring was important!? I had my first home birth midwife app on Saturday and it was fab! My husband is 100% sold on a home birth now and I think I’m 70/30 but planning to just go with the flow and see how things are in the next month or so before committing... 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we wondered how are you all doing during lockdown? 
    Are you all surviving? 

For those of you that have children already, we're producing a daily activities guide, suitable for all ages - you can find it here if you're looking for some daily inspo for what to do. 
    Do let us know how you're getting on, we'd love to hear your updates. 
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, How are you all. I am now 32+2, not seen the midwife since 28 weeks as my 31 week check up was over the phone, I do have a 34 week check on May 7th and scan at 36 weeks on May 20th. 
    I took early maternity leave although I could work from home it was not working out for me as my little one likes to kick and wriggly all night long I was getting exhausted. I am in Kent UK and at the moment I am allowed my birthing partner with me during established labour only, I have to start thinking about my birthing plan but finding this difficult as you just don't know what kind of situation we will be in by then.  How is everyones elses situation. 
    Not what we all had planned I am sure. Take care all. 
  • Options
    Lauraj is this your first pregnancy? First home birth? 
    What lead you to choosing a hike birth?? 

Follow your dreams...... currently Staffordshire have the same restructions in place however speaking to my midwife she has said we can still plan for a home birth from 36 weeks even if restructions in place as she said they are having weekly meetings and things maybe back to normal to a degree by middle of June. Fingers crossed.
    x
  • Options
    I keep feeling really light headed and sick and had a bit of an upset stomach today I’m 33 weeks 2 days you think everything is ok? Xx
  • Options
    @Ac2984

im now 35+1 and a couple of weeks ago I was feeling the same, still on and off now. Although if your worried definitely ring the midwife and just ask for advice.

i usually feel it in the evening, before dinner time. Don’t know why 😂 but always the same time of day. 
    X
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we wondered how you're all doing? There have been 3 Due in May babies born if you fancy checking out their thread. 
    Do you all have your hospital bags packed and ready to go? 
  • Options
    Jetty1989 said:
    Lauraj is this your first pregnancy? First home birth? 
    What lead you to choosing a hike birth?? 

Follow your dreams...... currently Staffordshire have the same restructions in place however speaking to my midwife she has said we can still plan for a home birth from 36 weeks even if restructions in place as she said they are having weekly meetings and things maybe back to normal to a degree by middle of June. Fingers crossed.
    x
    Sorry Jetty, have only just seen this!

Yes it’s my first pregnancy :) it wasn’t something I had considered before but a friend from my yoga group was having one (not coronavirus related) which initially put the thought into my head. 

A big factor is that I know my husband will be able to be with me throughout and I can also have my mum here (again something I really want). 

I was initially a bit uncertain about it but having met with the homebirth team it sounds so relaxed that I’m becoming more and more fixed on the idea. I am low risk and 10/15 mins from the hospital (Probably less with current traffic) and just feel like for me, it would be the best option, especially as I can change my mind at any time anyway. 

• Options
    Hey everyone, little update as baby is still very small and not gaining enough I've been told he has to make an arrival within the next 4 weeks so could very well be a may baby and I get a date on the 14th may, all very scary as we dont know why he so small currently estimated at 3lbs 11, hope everyone is well x
  • Options
    @Vickyjay1

oh I’m so sorry to hear everything’s not going to plan!

At least  they are keeping a close eye on you, are you having regular scans? How far along are you now? Xx 
  • Options
    @georgiatim
    Yeah they have been very good considering everything thats going on and nothing ever seems to much for them, yes got a scan on the 14th may and to see consultant again, currently 33+3 and she said she would like him here before 37 weeks, it was only discovered as I was having reduced movements all the time and they started to scan to see why! 
    Just a stressful time they said they probably wont know until he is born why or he could just be a small baby but basically hes not gaining the fat she said hes skinny 😔 xx
  • Options
    Oh that’s good, at least they are keeping a close eye. I can imagine it’s very stressful! Is everything else looking okay? All his organs and everything as they should be? I’m sorry I don’t have any advice but here if you need to talk. Xx
  • Options
    @georgiatim

Yeah they cant see anything wrong with baby or placenta atm I've had quite a few scans as well so I think something would of been picked up, my son was 6lb 11 and they said atm hes not on track with him so they think will be smaller than him, they offered me an amnio test but I declined as it could make me go into labour sooner and i mean at 33 weeks it is what it is just wait and see when hes born, thank you! 
    How are you getting on? Xx
  • Options
    That’s good that everything else looks okay. That’s very promising! Hopefully he will catch up very soon. Yeah I know what you mean it’s hard to know what to do for the best, but he’s definitely safer to stay where he is for a little while. I’m okay, I’m just over 36 weeks now so not much longer to go. Got another growth scan on Tuesday. Just really struggling with pgp, today I accidentally tried to put some leggings on standing up and now I literally cannot walk and I’m in agony. So stupid but it’s so frustrating when it’s something so straight forward. So hoping that after some rest it will be better tomorrow. Xx
  • Options
    Yeah I'd rather keep him put atm and get him as big and healthy as possible! 
    How come your having growth scans big or small? 
    Oh no :( I have only the slightest pgp usually after sitting or laying down takes me a while to get up and walk it off.
    Hopefully doesnt get any worse and baby will be here before you know it! 36 weeks is so close to the end lol xx
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m sure he will grow big and strong! Let us know how you get on at your next appointment. 
    just because I have high blood pressure they have wanted to keep a closer eye on me from the start, which I’m not complaining about, It’s nice to have the reassurance each time. 
    I’m having a day in bed today to try and soothe it before I have to go to the hospital tomorrow because so far I can’t walk on my own, and any walking I do I’m in tears, having to sleep sitting up. But it’s all part of it! Baby will be here soon enough I hope!! Xx