Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2019 - Part 5

1515253545557»

Replies

• Options
    @MissW1997 Also bleeding wise it shouldn't be too bad. No where near as bad as a vaginal birth as they clear you out while they're in there. Plus if you're now quite anemic I'd expect that to have a confounding effect. 

Don't worry too much if it picks up though. Mine lasted for a week or so before it turned into more of a pinky discharge. Then that persisted for a few weeks becoming less and less pink over time until it completely stopped. 
  • Options
    We've just had our 6-8 week check today ☺️. It went well overall. The GP confirmed I have a Thrush infection, I suspected I did as I was getting a really strong stinging sensation between expressing / breast feeding sessions and it was absolutely agony even if he was properly latched. We have some gel now though and the pain should go away within a couple of days. Also Harvey has a small hernia which is stopping his belly button receding, the GP said it's common and they are happy to leave it up until his first birthday as it will almost definitely resolve as he grows. 

I've picked up some baby Calpol ready for his injections in a couple of weeks. Seems weird that a baby has to be 2 months old before they can have it, but my 2 month old - 7 week premature baby is allowed it? 🤷 I'm just glad he is allowed it, I'd hate for him to get a temperature after his vaccinations and not be allowed to give him anything. 
  • Options
    It's gone very quiet in here... Hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend. We had a party yesterday, it was a rescheduled BBQ/Housewarming that we planned to have back in July. Unfortunately we had to cancel that as an hour or two before it was meant to start I had my first bleed and rushed into hospital. 

Happy to report everyone had a nice time and no A&E visits! (It's a running joke in our house cause I broke my back the day we planned our first party in this house 🙉🙈).
  • Options
    Hey ladies hope everyone is well. 
    @Curiosity101 party sounds good fun glad you enjoyed & it went smoothly this time 😂 
    poor Paisliè had a really unsettled night I feel her reflux has gotten worse past few nights, she sounds in so much pain with it 😢 during day & mornings she’s completely different baby. I’ve contacted doctors to ask for the Ranitidine as they said if the gaviscon didn’t help in a week they would put her on that, so waiting on them contacting me back & hopefully we can start it today & it’ll help her 🤞. We are just about to head out town all ready for before 9.30am I’m chuffed at that 😂 xx
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Oct 21, 2019 8:17AM
    @Lmc19xx Poor little thing. It's horrible to see them in pain. I think @Louloubee said Ezra was on Ranitidine and it made a huge difference? Hopefully that's the same for Paisliè. 

I'm impressed that you're ready to leave the house so early. I'm currently ready, but laid on the bed thinking about how tired I am 😅🤣. Trying to think what productive things I'm going to do today... Considering trying to get out for a walk at lunch time, maybe put some washing on but I reckon that's about as good as it'll get. 😆 
  • Options

Hi all! Some of my photos I’ve had back! Absolutely love them! 💖 sorry to hear about Paislie @Lmc19xx fingers crossed the doctor will prescribe you the other stuff soon. 
    I took Lowen-Mila on her first shopping trip yesterday! Was lovely! Went with my mum and dad 💖 and today we are off for a walk to see some farm animals and then to a cafe with my mum, brother, his wife and baby! But first I need to clean the house lol! Xx
  • Options
    @Ellie34 aww, how snuggly and content does she look! 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry it’s been a whirlwind of a weekend!
    @Curiosity101 glad the party went well and you finally got to have it! 
    @Lmc19xx sorry to hear paisliè is feeling poorly I hope you get it sorted!
    @Ellie34 photos are gorgeous! lowen-mila is beautiful. 

We got discharged at 6:30 on Friday! The first night was dreadful. Little miss would NOT sleep. Longest was half hour and I was in absolute agony. At half 5 mum came and took over so I could get some rest which was lovely of her. 
    She slept ALLL day 🙄 her feeds upped from 10-15ml to 30ml in day 1-2. We had loads of Visitors Saturday, house looks like a florist and little lady got spoilt rotten! We had to rush and get loads of newborn, as I was told from the get go she’ll be a big baby I only got 6 sleepsuits and wasn’t expecting her to be so tiny so we have now stocked up to last us a few weeks! The midwives came and checked us over and took my bandage off. I’m healing well she said! 
    Mum had some tricks up her sleeve for Saturday night to try and get her to sleep better and my god did it work! My little superstar gave me 7-8 hours broken obviously but only 2 wake ups. And then Sunday we went on our first outing (my first time out the house in over a week since being in labour) and went to mothercare and a few shops. Felt amazing to be up and about. Last night walked Lexie to my house to feed my rabbit. It’s only 15 mins up the road but such a proud moment for me to be up and walking a distance 3 days post surgery. Again last night got another 7-8 hours sleep. And we’re just getting ready for our first alone outing to get my nails done. And today at half 2 I’m  registering Lexie’s birth! I feel like I’ve come such a long way in just 4 days and am very happy with myself! 😊
  • Options

My little beauty before bed last night xx
  • Options
    @MissW1997 Wow you have been busy! Glad Lexie is getting the hang of nights, bet you were extra tired that first night out of hospital. It great that your family are able to help out so much ☺️

Lexie looks great, can't believe how alert she is!

This is my little starfish this morning. He was screaming for a feed at 9.30 so I got his bottle ready and then changed him. Walked off for 30 seconds just to wash my hands so I could feed him and came back to this...

• Options
    @Curiosity101 oh look at him he’s gorgeous!!
  • Options
    Massive congratulations @MissW1997 - your little girl is perfect and we hope you're healing. And so wonderful to hear from you @KirstyB11 and hear about Elizabeth's arrival. How you guys doing? 

We know there are just a few babies due, but as this thread has topped 1.1k posts, it's getting quite hard to load. Usually we'd kick off another Due in October thread, but as all the babies are nearly here, please do start posting over on the October 2019 Babies thread soon... 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions