Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    @Metalchick I can't wait to meet him :) it's weird that it might still be a while :/ 
  • Options
    Hi @SmithL35 so no sign of baby I take it? The little lazy bum  
    Do you have a midwife app due soon to discuss induction? xx
  • Options
    @CharHughes no he is very happy staying put for now 😖 we have just had a curry to try and help him along! Wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be though :/
    I have a midwife appointment on Tuesday and she said she will do a stretch and sweep, but I really can't decide if I want it or not! I have said all along that I don't want anything done, just want him to come when he is ready. So I am hoping that happens before Tuesday! Xx
  • Options
    Ah so exciting waiting for the babies, cant wait to hear the news. Little Reuben is doing well and already a week and a half old xx
  • Options
    How’s everyone doing? We must be having more babies soon!!! 
  • Options
    Hello :)
    I thought things were starting last night but nothing 🤣 I've been bouncing on my ball lots and walking lots, just had a nice one this morning....

Hope everyone is ok x
  • Options
    Ah I thought there might be news! Soon hopefully x
  • Options
    @Baby3! I hope it isn't much longer!!! X
  • Options
    @SmithL35 you look really well though! Come on little man!! 
  • Options
    Thank you @vrob123 :) hope you and your little love are ok x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 you still look well. I have my midwife app Wednesday, she said sweep too but I really don’t one. I had 2 with my first and they did nothing. I didn’t know you could say no to them, I just hope she isn’t funny with me if I do. 
    Also don’t want to be induced - I don’t know what they do but I just want it to happen naturally too 🤞🏻 Xx 
  • Options
    @CharHughes I'm glad I'm not the only one who is doubtful. That's interesting that you've had 2 that haven't done anything! So many people say nothing happened after. 
    I am the same, just would rather he made his own way out in his own time haha. I'm pleased that the consultant said they wouldn't need to induce me because of his heart issue. I just hope he doesn't end up taking ages yet!! Xx
  • Options
    Yeah they did nothing. They are cringey uncomfortable too 🙈. I got mine both in hospital, I wouldn’t feel comfortable getting 1 just in my usual GP room I just like to get in & out lol. 
    I don’t know how long they let you go over now, 1/2 weeks - let’s hope we don’t get that far xx
  • Options
    Is it like a smear where they open you up a bit? Or do they just go straight in? Either way, I'm not looking forward to it :/ xx
  • Options
    @SmithL35 they use there fingers to try and separate the membrane sack away from your cervix, obviously this is only do able if you are dilated slightly 1cm+ I have had a few and didn’t find them uncomfortable but others I have spoken to said it was uncomfortable I suppose everyone is different xx good luck xx 
  • Options
    @SmithL35 personally I didn’t find it uncomfortable at all and it worked within 4 hours but as people have said it can be different for everyone x 
  • Options
    Thank you @Wellcome1 and @VRob123 I think I will go for it x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 with my 1st baby he was 11 days over due when he was born and I refused a sweep with him, just because I was 17 and unsure of everything I think but I had a sweep with babies number 4 and 5 and they worked for me. The way I see it is if they are ready to be born the sweep will help you along hopefully! I’ve had 3 term babies and 4 early babies and must admit my term babies were so much easier to part with! My last labour in July was the worst as he wasn’t ready to be born at 35 weeks and my body wasn’t ready for labour xx 
  • Options
    Thank you for that @Wellcome1, yes I was starting to think that if he is almost ready it might just give him that extra bit of help. I have got lots of pressure down there! It is hard when you don't know what it is meant to feel like :/ but I guess if I had it tomorrow and it didn't do anything I'll know that he just isn't ready? X
  • Options
    @SmithL35 that’s exactly it lv he may just need a little shove lol and the sweep won’t cause any problems if it doesn’t work so it’s a win win!
    i remember how I felt with my 1st and being so unsure about everything every niggle and pain I had no clue what I was ment to be looking out for! I hope he makes his grand entrance soon can’t wait to hear all about it xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions