Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is anyone buying from the Argos 3for2?

Replies

• Options

I know she's sorted isn't she - mind you I think it's easier once the kids are into things. I have no trouble buying for the girls but L wants a bit of everything.

• Options

Ha, QS. I am only good at spending my own (or H's) money.

You checked out The Entertainer? I get dirt cheap stuff from there for my boys.

• Options

It is easier when they have a real interest. It's just a shame when one of them interests means there us about 6 3ds games that O wants, not a chance! I'm dreading the sign they are growing up when it's money and clothes they want.

• Options

Really, p loves there stuff when we go in but fire some reason I don't go when it comes to actually buying. Where do you go for Lego? P has most loads of the monster sets and wants more.

• Options

I have 2 teenage girls Weep

• Options

Sorry!!!!

• Options

I get C's Lego from Argos when they do the sales. Same with Asda too, I always look out for sales. I also got a couple of sets from Littlewoods. A moshi monster set for £13, down from £37, and a Spiderman set for £19, down from £50. They are megabloks, not Lego. I have also got some cheap sets to put up for J.

Home bargains have a Ben 10 set for £4.99, which is £29.99 in Toys r us. It's not Lego, but fits the Lego.

C is getting into his games consoles though, so this year, he has a lot of Xbox games. (I am now buying some, to put up for next year.)

J isn't really into much, so I am winging it, by getting bits from each thing he shows an interest in.

• Options

This HomeBargains place sounds brilliant!

• Options

Big help thanks Ak. I'd best get looking il check argos and lw out tonight. I have to admit I love doing the Lego with him although dusting his shelves where it's all displayed is a nightmare!

• Options

Right, in my first basket is a pair of roller skates for my neice and 2 of these, one for J and one for my nephew, so I'll get 2 for £17.99 instead of one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9115824.htm

• Options

It really is Belle, I used to be a shopping snob but the place amazes me. I'm going to save a fortune there this year....once I start.

• Options

It's amazing Belle. I haven't really checked the website, but do they deliver to your home address, or is it just to local stores?

QS, next time I spot a Lego bargain, i'll let you know.

• Options

Thanks Ak!

• Options

Home Bargains is the best, I love it.  Belle, if there is ever anything that you want from there, I can get you it love

• Options

But I never know what's there?! Next time you are in there call me Laugh

• Options

Ha, you dont answer phone!

• Options

I've only had a quick look but some of the things I've looked at on Argos I've found a lot cheaper else where so the 3 for 2 doesn't work out that well (for me anyway)

• Options

I'd bought the Go Mini HQ thing out Argos a couple of weeks ago and a dolls pram for A out Smyths at the weekend.  Returned the pram today and basically returned and re bought the go mini in argos along with the pram and got a sylvanian families set free. Best bit was Smyths despatch note doesn't have prices on it so the store refunded full amount even though I bought online with 20% off :-)

• Options

Oh i forgot about the Go Mini HQ Ally!

• Options

I have ordered Liam the Lego Advent calendar, a Jake sword (he needs another sword cos he wrecks his) and a turtle Innotab game