Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st IVF cycle starting in August

Replies

• Options

Hi,  I'm glad everything went alright.  Are you excited about tomorrow?

Chick80, I hope all is well with you and you can go home soon.  It must be hard being away from home.  Fingers crossed for the next two weeks.

As for me, my bloods still weren't good enough so I can't have the transfer done today. image I have to stop everything, have a bleed and start all over again but on some different drugs next time.  I've had IVF with egg collection (bfn), FET (bfp, bio chemical pregnancy at 7 weeks), I've tried it again without the drugs but I didn't ovulate and that was my third try on drugs.  On the brightside my eggs are still frozen but it still sucks that I have to wait another month! image

• Options
    Hi ladies

Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday, the hotel we are staying in only has wifi in bar and we were out all yesterday trying to kill time and then had no time this morning!

We are having icsi and it is our first attempt.

Tigerlilly, sorry you have to wait another month is so hard to get your head around all this and then when things change is such a blow. Fingers crossed for next month.

As for me, we went to have transfer on Wednesday and the two cells were at 4 and 5, which the said was good for day 2. As I did not respond well to drugs they recommended we put two back!!!! We were really not sure what to do as all along they have said only one as I'm under 35 and its our 1st time. After talking to consultant and embryologist we decided to wait 24 hours to see if one was stronger than other. If we had numerous eggs to freeze we would have just put back one but as only one left they felt best chance for us was for two back. Anyway, went back today and they were 8 and 10 cells and the grade was 4/3 so we put two back!!! Finger crossed!!

We have managed to change our boat so can go home tommorow, so excited about spending the weekend at home.

Cupcakes good luck with trigger shot tonight and tommorow.

Xx
  • Options

Thank you.image  I'm feeling better about things now.  I can do a shorter cycle so it shouldn't take as long as before.

Oh wow two eggs, how exciting!! How do you feel about the chances of twins? I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you, I really hope you get a bfp!

What time did you go in today??  I was meant to be in at 12, you might of taken my place! image

• Options
    That's good about shorter cycle, waiting is the worst!

Well we thought that the worst case scenario is it not working and would be a good to have one let alone two! I'm sure we will cope if we have two. My friend has twin boys, she found it hard in the beginning with feeding etc but now they entertain each other.

We were there at 12, our appointment was at 1230, they were running slight late yesterday. Not good when you have a full bladder.
  • Options
    Cupcakes - how did you EC go? I hope your feeling ok?
  • Options
    Hey guys...

How are your tigerlilly, u on the countdown for next month? It's horrible this isn't it, it's like we are just constantly putting our life's on hold, and counting down till the next appointment image

Chick80 how did ure ET go?? How are you feeling now? 2dp ET are you?

Im not doing IVF or ICSI... Yet! I'm doing IUI at the minute. So I had the IUI done on Friday. It went ok, few cramps and a dull ache all afternoon (which I'm hoping was ovulation) I had cramps on/off all day yesterday, but nothing today. OH did struggle a bit wi his sample... Think he took stage fright!! Haha...

Take care xx
  • Options

Hiya image

I'm alright thanks. I was feeling quite down about things this morning but af has arrived now so I am feeling alot better.  I can start the drugs again tomorrow and then the clinic will let me know my dates etc...  It should be about 3 weeks but it all depends on how everything goes.  I have to admit I am not feeling to confident about it all but I guess I will just have to wait and see.  

He he oh bless him!!  Sometimes I feel sorry for the men having to preform on demand and then I think about everything we have to go through and I think well it's the least they can do!!!!! lol  Let us know how you are doing, I really hope it all goes well for you. x 

• Options
    Hi both

Cupcakes - I'm now 6dp ET and have not really got any symptoms, a few occasion cramps. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing!

Tigerlilley- glad to hear you have now started the process and you are feeling much better.

One week to go until I test, half way through! We have guests staying with us for a week and they leave on Sunday so the weeks is going quicker.
  • Options

Hello!

Chick80 - Cramps are a good sign, it might be the embyro implanting!!  I hope your having a good time with your guests, Let me know how your doing!! x 

MrsCupcake87, How are things with you?

• Options
    Hiya girls... How are you??

Tigerlilley: that's great that the pma is slowly returning ... image it's funny how we pray for AF not to come, then some cycles we are so glad to see it lol. At least your back on track now and in the process... When are you back at the hospital for a scan?

Chick80: We are at the same stage.. I'm 7dpiui today, been told not to test until 16dpiui which is of course the 16th September, but I'm positive I wont be able to hold out until then, that's presuming AF doesn't get me first.

I'm having positive moments and then really dark moments right at the back of them.. OH doesn't like talking about it, his motto is "what will be will be, so lets put it to the back of our minds" like I can do that!! Lol

Day of iui and the couple days after it, I had a fair bit of cramp.. Since then it's been very periodic, although yesterday (6dpiui) and today I have had more obvious twinges. My boobs have been a bit achey, and they feel so much fuller! (no I could just be looking for symptoms lol)

I took the trigger shot last Wednesday night (9daysago), so feel that must be out of my system by now.. I tested a few days after the shot, just to see a +hpt (never seen one before.. Well not my own) and it was very faint even then, so reckon the shot must be out my system by now. I'm not taking progesterone either, so can't be blaming that for any symptoms....

Ahh it's just a waiting game......

xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

I tested this morning, I know it was very naughty. We had decided to wait till OTD or at least after guest had gone. I had a BFP!!!!!!!

Well the guest leave today. Its Been a good distraction for the last week.

Tigerlilley - how's the drugs going?

Cupcakes- how you feeling?

Xx
  • Options
    Wow fantastic news!!!!! Are you 9dpet? Woo hoo !!!!!! I thought about texting this morning then changed my mind lol... Thought I might do it o Wednesday 12dp..

imageimageimage

What happens now? When will you contact the clinic?? xx
  • Options
    Hi cupcakes

I'm now 10dpet. Been getting a few cramps today. I've going to do another test on Wednesday just in case, I'll then phone the clinic then.

It's now the waiting game again to know whether one or two!!!

Good luck for Wednesday. Xx
  • Options
    Always thought you were the same as me... But ure a day ahead image I'm swithering about testing in the morning, but then that's prob too early...Bach I'm going crazy lol

Good luck for Wednesday image xx
  • Options
    I tested and thought if its a negative I wouldn't tell my husband and wait to Wednesday. But as I have to work on Wednesday i thought if I test now I can sort of prepare myself for a negative and still manage work fine. My collegiate has just gone on annual leave for 2 weeks so cannot take anytime off.

Sorry for bad spelling and errors on messages, I use my phone and hard to see!!! Xx
  • Options
    Hey... How are you?

So are you going to text again on Wednesday? Think I might test Thursday, if AF hasn't arrived by then image xx
  • Options

Hello.  A huge congratulations to you Chick80, thats fantastic news!!!! image 

MrsCupcake87, the waiting is so hard but your doing really well.  I really hope af doesn't arrive and Thursday is a great day for you too!!! image

• Options
    Hi ladies, what a busy day at work. Very stressful day, on the other hand went very quick.

Cupcakes - I have two more tests at home so will do one tommorow and one Wednesday morning. Don't want to phone clinic before Wednesday and they tell me off!!! Ha ha. How are you feeling?

Thanks Tigerlilley, how you doing on the drugs?
  • Options

I'm alright thanks.  At the moment I have to say that I don't feel any different but I'm not on that much right now.  I up them again on Thursday and then again the week after, I'm not going to be on pesseries this time round....I have to inject a needle 1 1/2 inches into the muscle in my butt!!! lol  I have to say I am not looking forward to that but you gotta do what you gotta do!!! image

Let me know when your scan is booked for, I'm in again for two blood tests and then hopefully having the transfer done on the 26th Sept.  

• Options
    Morning ladies...

Chick80: I don't fancy the clinic telling me off either lol... It's hard not to test but there again I'm not sure I want to see the result lol.

Tigerlilly: things are defo moving again for you anyway... And to have an estimated transfer day is fab... image .. If I have to do iui again, I reckon I'll be getting it between the 26th-28th September...

I'm beggining to feel pretty 'normal' again, after all my symptoms over the weekend. My boobs have eased off a fair bit, still getting some cramping (had this everyday since iui, off n on) but this could be AF getting ready to hit... Can you tell I'm a bit negative this morning?? Lol... Let's hope the pma builds. I'm defo thinking about testing on Thursday, don't start work till later. Although maybe best do it on Friday when i then have to go to work and forget about it, if it is negative lol .... Ahhh what do we do to ourselves eh? Lol