Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st IVF cycle starting in August

124»

Replies

• Options
    Hi Tigerlilley

Sorry not posted for a while.

How are you? Where are you now with your cycle?

We have decided to try again this year. I am expecting AF to come around 14 nov so I can start injections and looking for collection to be around last week of nov.

I hope all going well for you. x
  • Options

Hello image,

Thats alright, don't worry about it! image  After all the drugs etc... my eggs didn't thaw so I am not really anywhere in my cycle right now.  They were my last two eggs so I will have to start over again.  I have a cyst which needs to be sorted first and I'm booked in for keyhole surgery 16th November so I won't be starting anything until next year now. I'm ok with that tho, I think I need the break!

Wow, thats great news!!! image  How did you get your hubby to change his mind?!  How are you feeling about it all?

• Options
    Hi Tigerlilley

That must have been frustrating and disappointing for you. At least by removing the cyst you will have time to recover till the new year.

We went for lunch and I thought that I would not raise the issue and let him bring it up, it worked! I think he wanted to wait till new year but seen as I had got clearance from work he agreed we can try again. If this does not work then I think we will have a little break until middle to end of next year, I have that in my mind so will not be disappointed when he says to wait till mid/end of year.

Not sure if I mentioned that week before we went to uk last time one of my best friends announced that she was pregnant. Was pleased for her and even though we were trying I was fine. However one of my other friends has just announced that she is 6 weeks pregnant a few weeks ago, she's not as close as 1st one but when I got home I was really upset! I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women. I have one more friend that is trying and has been for about 3 months so waiting for her to say also.

We are trying slightly different approach this time. They are increasing my dose from 225 to 300 of gonalF and we are going to try embryogen, is suppose to help with implantation. I have my set up meeting next Monday.

Fingers crossed this time as this is getting rather expensive and with each cycle it's a weeks holiday from work so will only be able to try once possible twice at a push next year.

I keep thinking as next cycle approaching I must starting eating better and start getting early nights, hubby away with work this week and I keep staying up late watching films!

• Options

So do your work know now?  It's good that they are letting you have the time off, Yay image

Aww...its hard when people around you are pregnant espically when the they haven't been trying for long.  I also find that not only is everyone you know pregnant but also people on the telly!!  It's like you can't get away from it, pregnant people and babies everywhere!!! lol 

I've never heard of embryogen but if they think it will help then thats good news!  Is it an injection?

I know what you mean about being expensive, we have spent most of our money this year having IVF and now we have to save to try all over again. We should be saving for prams etc... not all this. It's not fair is it?!?!

He he I'm the same, I do a few days worth of exercise and think I am fit!!! What films are you watching?

• Options
    Hi ladies

Sorry to gate crash but your posts reminded me of my struggle to conceive which resulted in icsi. I now have a 20 mth old son and just wanted to say I know what you're going through. It was the hardest few years of my life, but obviously worth it now. I'm keeping everything crossed for you all and wishing you the best of luck.

Lots of love em j xx
  • Options

Hello Em_J,  

Thank you so much.  It always great to here a positive story and it gives me hope that it does work and we've just been unlucky so far!  image 

• Options
    Hi Tigerlilley

Yes my work know now, well my boss anyway. The rumour was they all thought I was going for a new job. There is only 10 in our office so when gojng off for appointments and taking calls outside it pretty obvious something is going on. Ha ha

My first friend came off pill end of April and and caught her 2nd month. My other friend was 2 months also, hope if happens on 2nd cycle let alone 2months, it takes us IVF ladies 2 months just to prepare!!!

Embryogen is something they use to fertilse the eggs, it's suppose to help women with 2 or more miscarriages an similar to some hormone the body produce during pregnancy, think it helps with implantation. We thought we'd give it a go.

Once we have our BFP the money can be spent on baby things will be spread over 9 months instead of one month. Paid my cycle yesterday! Ouch!

My husband is away this week and I've been glued to tv, so much good tv on lately. I like true movies channel it was a film called "Everything she wanted" was really good but a two part so sat on the sofa for hours, I should have been stripping wallpaper. That what me and my friend have been doing tonight.

Em-J

Thanks for the message, so nice to hear success story. I know 3 women who have ivf (not close friends) 2 took about 8 years to get pregnant, 3rd was doing it alone and found the whole process really difficult and as on her own is not pursuing it anymore. How long we're you trying for and how many cycles did you have to go through to get your BFP.

Hope you both had good evenings.

Night night. Xx
  • Options

Hello image,  How are you?  How are things going? 

• Options
    Hi Tiggelilley

I am good thanks I'm now on day 8 of stims. Had my fist scan on day 2 and they counted 6 follicles on one ovary and 7 on the other. However, they also found a cyst, I think this might be the same one that was there in August and some of the follicles might be attached to this. The clinic did not seem to be to worried about it but have my 2nd scan tomorrow.

We fly to UK on Saturday, I'm hoping to have collection on Monday and transfer on Wednesday. Fingers crossed these dates work out as we are in London the weekend after all this with both our parents, we got them Michael McIntyre tickets last Xmas. I'm going to try and take things easy and try not to do to much!

How are things going with you? X
  • Options

Oh wow that seems like it's happended so fast!!  Thats great news that you have follicles on both sides.  Did they find out what happened last time?   Sounds like your going to have a great week/weekend.  

I'm good thanks.  I've just had my cyst removed and they have discovered endometriosis on my left side. I've got an appointment with the docs tomorrow to find out whats going to happen next. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, let me know how it all goes! image

• Options
    Morning,

No nothing said about last time, I just hope I haven't got immune issues as I'm never ill which makes me thing I have a really good immune system!!!

We are now in UK and had our scan yesterday morning I have about 4 eggs which are ready and the others (roughly 9) are only about 12mm. So they want me to continue with stims until Monday when I will have another scan. We trigger Monday night for collection on Wednesday.

Still in bed whilst writing this and realise we hadn't done injections this morning, not even my husband had realised!

The problem is now we do not have transfer till Saturday, apparently as using embryogen you have to have 3 day transfer. We were suppose to be in London on Friday meeting both sets of parents so now will not get there till Saturday afternoon. Oh well this is priority but just means we lose one nights accom we have had to book one in southampton, change car hire and restaurant from Friday night!

How was the cyst removal and what size was yours? I must admits do not know much about cysts and endometriosis. They didn't comment on my cyst yesterday as she said it would be same size as follicles so hard to determine.

Going shopping today and then to watch James Bond tonight. The weather is a lot better today, have a good Sunday. X
  • Options

Hello image,

How did the scan go?  All set for Wednesday?

My scan was 9cm in the end and was called a Chocolate cyst because it's filled with dark blood. I would think that hopefully yours is filled with clear liquid,  I think it's quite common to get them when you have the drugs for the egg collection so if they weren't worried I don't think you should either. image The removal was OK, I saw the doc last week and I am now on a monthly injection for the next 3 months and then I have to have another op at the end of Feb.  On the plus side I might be able to get pregnant naturally (fingers crossed) but on the down side its another 5/6 months or so of living in limbo land!!! Grrr.....

How was James Bond?

• Options
    Hi

Scan on Monday was fine and a few more had caught up. We had 10 eggs collected this morning which is double the amount we had last time. Transfer is due for Saturday but nurse said today if good fertilisation result it maybe Monday so might be able to get don to London on Friday yet!

There was no mention about my cyst today, will ask her when we go for transfer.

Glad all went well for the removal and excellent news about the possibilty of a natural pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you. X
  • Options

Hi Chick80,  I'm so sorry I've not replied to you sooner.  How did everything go????

• Options
    Hi tigerlilley

I'm not feeling very positives at the moment.

Out of the 10, 9 fertilised we had about 5 8 cells, 2 7 cells and 2 really low cells they said all was good quality. We managed to freeze 4!

We had 2 top grade 8 cells put back. I've been get quite a few cramps and then yesterday started getting yellowish discharge, tonight it's a little brown, very small amount but this is what happened last time! My OTD is Saturday but am really tempted to test earlier as want to know either way. But if bad news might be best to wait till Saturday morning so I haven't got to go to work.

Are you ready for Christmas? X