Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Babies on the brain 24 - 7

Replies

• Options
    Hi Tigerlilly, really sorry to hear your news about having to wait. Waiting is the last thing we ladies want to do when we are broody!

One day you'll look back at this website and think It was so worth it when you've got a baby in your arms. At least they seem to have some idea of what the problem is and are doing something about it. So many women have mystery miscarriages and they can't tell the, what's wrong.

I'll keep in touch too as i like to know what's going on and tell you how I'm dong. Xx
  • Options
    Hello! im feeling a bit down todayimage yesterday i was happy waiting and i felt like it was more time to get ready. me and my sister did the gardening and in the back of my mind i was secretly baby proofing!! Any way today im fed up of waiting and im fed up of sitting at work doing the same old thing. A girl at one of our branches emailed me to tell me she is 14 weeks pregnant. I would of been 16 weeks if it had worked last time. Af is due soon which is probably why im so upset. Sorry i know there is nothing anyone can say, i just needed to vent!
  • Options

Hiya,  Sorry about my outburst earlier on today.  I'd been thinking to much about what if it doesn't work and I let it get me down.  I'm feeling better about things now.image

Devon_Mummy, I don't think a month is a long time at all.  Mines been two months and as you can tell from earlier I'm not over it.

Janey 7,  I can't wait to hold my own baby.  I'm putting both eggs back in and even though having twins will be so hard, I am secretly hoping thats my destiny! image

• Options
    Hi Tigerlilley, no need to appologise that's the whole point of these forums as far as I'm concerned. It just goes back to the title of this one where we have babies on the brain 24/7. We keep telling ourselves "it'll be ok, it'll be ok" but then the doubt kicks in and boom it's all gloom! A friend of a friend is pregnant with twins from IVF. She's been trying 10 years. I didn't even know she was trying. You have to believe it will happen for you. It will. It will!

Devon Mummy, when people ask you if you'e going to try for another one just tell them. People need to learn to be more sensitive and not just assume that everyone is as lucky as them and just falls with no problem. I know it's not something you always want to talk about though, haing said that I've told hardly anyone. My 3 mc's have all been 5 weeks or earlier, I don't want to imagine what it must have been like for you to go as far as you did. My friend lost one at about 7 weeks then one at about 15 weeks. She then went on to have 2 healthy pregnancies with no issues. Sometimes there just doesn't seem like there's any real explanation. The good news is that SOOO many women go through it but then go on to have healthy babies. That's what we need to focus on ladies Xx
  • Options

Hiya!! image

How are you both?? 

You'll be pleased to know I've started my garden and even though I have no idea what I am doing it's taking my mind of things.  Still waiting for AF which was due on Fridayimage but hay ho I'm not letting it get me down, all good things come to those that wait!!! lol

• Options

hi Tigerlilly and janey 7, AF finally went after nine days (usually only lasts 6-7 days) and im now on cd 15. ive been using opks since cd10 but no positive yet image Last time i fell pregnant I got a positive that month on cd 16, but had been having second lines for a couple of days before that which were nearly as dark as the control one. I have been having faint second lines since cd10. therefore im a bit worried that Im not going to ovulate this month. Feeling a bit down about that. Been BD every day since cd 10 but now worried that if ovulation turns up tomorrow we might have done it too much and there might not be enough sperm on the optimum day if we dtd any more. So annoying! hopefully im just feeling a bit down because ovulation is due! Hope you are both  ok?

• Options

Hi Devon_mummy,

I didn't ovulate this month either image so I know how you must be feeling. Maybe our bodies need more time to settle back down after what has happened?!?!.  I am pretty sure that sperm can live for a couple of days inside you so even if you bd every other day you should be alright.  But obviously I am no expert!!!! lol 

Still waiting for af, having pains but nothing else.  Arrgghhhhh....... But on a good note I am having some reflexology done tonight.  I never liked the thought of someone touching my feet but it's actually really relaxing, when it's over it takes me a while to figure out where I am!!!! he he  

• Options
    Hi ya both of you, thank goodness for Ov sticks eh? My days changed all over the place. One month I had a 20 days cycle then the next month a 39 day cycle! I've ov'd on day 9 to day 18. This was mainly after my mc's but not always. I'm sure sperm can live inside you for a few days so it's good to have some there as a 'welcoming party for the egg'.

I'm having morning sickness only I'm not actually sick and it's not in the morning, it's all day. I've got loads of big spots (nice) it must be the hormones I suppose. I didn't think people got spots at 41!

I've got an appointment for an early scan on 23rd of July. They offered me an earlier one this week but I said I don't want to go unless it's old enough to definatly have a heart beat. The idea of the scan is to reassure me. If I went and they said its not got a heart beat but come back in a couple of weeks and hopefully it will then , that would panic me for two weeks so I'd rather wait to be honest.
  • Options

Hi Janey 7!!!!   I've been thinking about you, I'm glad things are going well.image I know feeling sick can't be nice but do you feel better having symptoms?? I always get spots when I am due on so your not alone there, I'm 33!!  He he people around me must think god she's moody this week oh and there's the huge spot, she must be due on!!!!

I can understand that.  It's nice that they offered it to you though so least you know you can if you change your mind.  I am keeping everything crossed for you. image

• Options
    Im 34 and i get spots too each month. i hardly got spots when i was a teenager so not sure why i get them now! on the plus side i got a darker second line on my opk this morning. still not as dark as the control one though. i did another test this evening and the control line was fainter again so d on't know what is go ing on. got lots of clear cm suddenly today so hopefully Im ov.
  • Options

Hello ladies image

I had my scan done today and I have to go back on the drugs!  I didn't really want to be on them but I am looking on the bright side as they made my b**bs that little bit bigger!!! lol  Hopefully if all goes well I can have my transfer done next month.

Devon_mummy -  Hows it going??  I hope you have ovulated this month, now I guess it's just a waiting game.  Fingers crossed for your bfpimage

• Options
    hi tigerlilly im totally confused as to whether ive ovulated or not as haven't got a second line as dark as the control line but we've bd every night for the past week so hopefully we haven't missed it if i have ovulated. af is due a week Monday so it is just a waiting game now image thankfully Im half way through she first fifty shades book and just been given the other two so should distract me for a bit! its my dads 60 party next weekend so we are going down to.stay. will have to avoid alcohol.just in case which may be tricky and hard to make excuses for. hope af doesn't turn up while we are away :/
  • Options

I've done ov sticks, had two scans and a blood test this month and I am not sure if she is saying this to make me feel better but my doctor said that they still might of missed it and got the timing wrong.  So there is still a chance you might of just missed it on the sticks.

Trying to keep your mind of it is easier said then done but hopefully the book (my friend loved it!!) and the party will do the trick. image

• Options
    thanks tigerlilly x did another opk this morning and the second line had almost faded away to nothing. so if i have ovulated Im now the 1ww. lets hope its our lucky month x nearly finished the first book, might have to start the next one image
  • Options
    hi ladies how are you doing? four more days until af is due ho hum
  • Options

Helloimage Hows the book going?!?! he he   The waiting and the not knowing is such a horrible part isn't it?!  Are you looking forward to your party?

I'm good thanks.  Just been to see the doc's again to find out a few more things.  Turns out the cysts are endometriosis and they are not sure if I have always had it or it's happened since my last treatments.  Anyway they have said I am safe to carry on so I have got my bag of drugs and my box of needles and I start in a few weeks.  Hopefully if all goes well then I can have the transfer done at the end of August!

• Options

lol finished the first book! Might wait to see if af turns up before starting the second one as I might need zomething to take my mind off things! AF is due at the weekend and I find my family quite stressfukk sometimes so  I hope shes late or doesnt turn up or its going to be a difficult weekend, Good news that things seem to be happening foryou. good luck and let us kjnow how its going x

• Options

Oh dear thats not a good combination!!!   Lets hope it's not as bad as you think, I hope she stays away and you have a good time.  image

Of course I will stay in touch and I hope you do the same.image   I'd like to know how your weekend goes!

• Options

Hi everyone iim new to this but need advice asap!

I was on depo and it ran out feb, by end of march i was already pregnant but infortunately it ended up in miscarriage in april.

Since then me and my partner have been tryin, but nothing.

Until last week .. I started my period 20th june and it lasted 4 days (normal) ,

on 2nd july i started cramping and had brown discharge which ive never had before, then again 2 days later, could this be implantation???

My breasts are severly tender, I cant face food and feel really sick. I have also had really bad diarreah which ive heard is also a sign of pregnancy but not sure.

Not due my period until 18th-20th july but im so anxious, what do yous think ?

Thanks very much xxx

• Options

Hiya Heather Craig, I'm sorry to hear about your mc. 

I have to admit I don't really know alot about being pregnant so I might not be the best person to ask.  I don't want to get your hopes up but the one time I did get a BFP I also had the light brown spotting which didn't last long and people told me it could be implantation.  It does sound like you have all the right symptons but I really couldn't say for sure.  I hope everything works out.  Let us know how you get on.image