Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying and not giving up!

Replies

• Options
    I am soo happy, I just counted my P, I got 35 total. Gonna use 9 more this cycle and stop if bfn. So 26 left, that's 14 days, more than I need for one more cycle until eventual pregnancy confirmation.
  • Options
    that’s great @MadDoda

I’ve been talking to someone on instagram who has had recurrent miscarriages (all around 6 weeks) and she asked if I’d been prescribed progesterone. She said if I went private (like she did) that I’d almost certainly get it and the NHS is always reluctant to prescribe. But she also suggested that there are lots of ladies out there who might have left overs from various fertility treatment and might be willing to pass on. I’d never thought about that. Not sure it’s right for me right now but wanted to pass on x
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe if by any miracle I will have some left or get extra I'm sending u.
  • Options
    MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Jan 30, 2020 8:18PM
    On the other hand it's sad that our country forces us to be this desperate about a medication which is not even dangerous and is prescribed in other countries as a precaution in any pregnancy...
  • Options
    Oh and @ginajolly90 yes it was 2 days before OV 😊
  • Options
    It’s incredibly sad @MadDoda

On another note, I have yoga’d and now don’t think I could cry if I wanted to

• Options
    Hey loves! Just checking in. I have another UTI and I could cry. Ugh why? And if course it's right smack dab in the middle of my fertile window so I can kiss this months chances goodbye. The universe just doesn't want me to conceive right now. At least vacation is right around the corner. 

I'm glad @mrsh02 you found a good doctor that seems proactive about finding out what's really going on. I'm so sorry about your loss again. Heart breaking.

@MadDoda that's great that you have enough P! It's a shake you have to worry about that in the first place.

@Aliciab90 I'm so glad your man is getting w the program again. Fingers crossed for you.

@Emmy012 I'm glad you got a good BD in. How's everything else?

@RememberToBreathe I'm glad you are practicing good self care ❤️

@ginajolly90 hi lovely! So glad you are here with us.

@Herestohoping are you ok love?
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 oh no that uti is very suspicious, you should get that check out! I hope u get better quickly. You must be excited about your holiday!
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 things are ok! Work is super busy still just hoping I don't OV ridiculously late again. 
    I'm sorry you keep getting uti's!! I have interstitial cystitis so always feel like I have one. Get lots of water down you and if you can stomach it, mix a little bicarb powder with water and drink it as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep. Avoid anything acidic, fruit juice fruit, spicy food for a few days and flush your bladder out. It will help! That's my go to method before I have to reach for the antibiotics 😣
  • Options
    Thanks loves! My mom and grandma got recurrent UTIs but I thought I was lucky bc it never got me but now I'm not so sure. I'm getting a antibiotic but I hate taking them bc I'm allergic to so many already. I'll try your suggestions em! Thank you! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. This is hell, I can't imagine
  • Options
    If you keep getting them @PinkSnow410 it could be a sign of IC, I started out thinking I had them alot and they just became worse and then just never stopped really. I have a damaged bladder lining that gets incredibly irritated, they think it's possibly autoimmune related as they can't prove why our bodies behave this way! I remember being told to drink cranberry juice for a UTI, I couldn't think of anything worse now, it would be like peeing acid after passing broken glass. I do miss fruit juice though 😂
  • Options
    Oh @PinkSnow410 I’m sorry, that’s utter crap. I’ve never had a UTI (that I’m aware of if that makes sense) so don’t really know much about them. Is there a certain trigger for you?
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 I’ve had loads but thankfully not for the past couple of years - seems obvious but do you pee before and after sex? Also there are some tablets called D-mannose that you can buy online that help to prevent them, I’ve had them before and they seemed to work a bit!
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 oh and I second the bicarbonate of soda in water, just maybe make it a shot so you don’t have to keep sipping it because it makes you heave!
  • Options
    @Emmy012 yes I know that cranberry juice isn't a good thing for UTI, funny how everyone thinks it is 🤦 I will have a hard time giving up fruits... I live off fruits and vegetables mostly. I'm not a vegetarian or anything but I just love them.

@RememberToBreathe I'm not sure. Both of them lately have come around ov and after BD. I'm peeing after, so maybe she just needs to wash his hands before? He said he will, although it can ruin the mood to stop when things are getting frisky and say go wash your hands, but it's worth a shot
  • Options
    @Aliciab90 oh ok thank you! Will try both of those and yes I'm peeing after, and almost always before bd
  • Options
    I haven’t recently touch wood but some years ago I had them quite a lot and tats what the docs told me too, peeing before and after BD even if it’s only a little.  Seems to be ok so far. 🤞 can’t stand the horrible things!! 

@RememberToBreathe I’m so glad you mentioned the Ps for fertility treatment. I was reading up on ivf pre during and post treatment medicines and P was a post. They prescribe it for almost every person after ivf I think from what I read.  Which I understand, but I think it should be available for everyone. Pregnancy is pregnancy regardless of how it got there. It’s daft they don’t give it to everyone or at least have it accessible. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 funny you should say you seem to get them around OV. That's when I seem to get my monthly flare up! Starts a day or two after OV and I can't seem to shift it for around a week. I have to pee before and after BD too and sometimes shower depending on how frisky we get 😂
    I absolutely love fruit and veg too, but after years of trial and error I know my limitations and which ones I can't have at all to which ones I'm ok with. Fresh fruit juice though I can't have, and it pains me!! 
  • Options
    My mom just sent me these snapshots...

• Options
    Its just UK being bloody stubborn it's not a problem anywhere else 
This discussion has been closed.