Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying and not giving up!

Replies

• Options
    MadDoda said:
    Its just UK being bloody stubborn it's not a problem anywhere else 
    I know! It’s ridiculous! I’m tempted to get my notes and test results, make an appointment somewhere private and ask for progesterone 
  • Options
    SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Jan 31, 2020 1:57PM
    Wow that’s crazy!! I think that’s a great plan @RememberToBreathe. Even if it costs someone the ‘£204’ they mention in that article I’m sure a lot of people would rather pay that than have no baby and reoccurring mc!  Ridiculous how backwards some things works.   

On another note ladies. Just had all my blood tests back for this month, everything is good. Ovulation confirmed 👏 thank golly!!! Does anyone know what levels P should be a week after Ov? I thought someone posted a chart but I can’t seem to find it 

However, OH had his blood tests back and I think he said his testosterone is normal but FSH is low which makes sense with his low count.

Next stop... doctor app to see what the future holds. 
  • Options
    What is your P? Mine was 25 which is considered lower than it should be to confirm ovulation but I clearly did ovulate... 

• Options
    @RememberToBreathe she said 65. So I think that’s fairly nomal?
  • Options
    65 is pretty much perfect @sr19!!
  • Options
    SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Jan 31, 2020 3:57PM
    @RememberToBreathe well there’s a first for everything! Lol! But at least I’m in the clear at the min. Just OH to sort now.  

Did you contact a private clinic about P?  
  • Options
    SR19 said:
    @RememberToBreathe well there’s a first for everything! Lol! But at least I’m in the clear at the min. Just OH to sort now.  

Did you contact a private clinic about P?  
    From the sounds of things, you’re in good shape to get that fertilised egg implanted. And I know that fertilising that egg isn’t the easy part of course but this is definitely good news x
  • Options
    Fsh stand for follicle stimulating hormone, it's responsible for cell divisions and maturation of spermatozoa in men, if it's low proper hormonal therapy can improve sperm count

• Options
    @RememberToBreathe maybe you could make a written request for progesterone prescription without meeting that dr? U do that when u request prescription at gp, so mb that would be possible and would speed up the process.
  • Options
    MadDoda said:
    @RememberToBreathe maybe you could make a written request for progesterone prescription without meeting that dr? U do that when u request prescription at gp, so mb that would be possible and would speed up the process.
    That’s an idea. I could write to my consultant’s secretary explaining the position and ask for a prescription so that if I fall pregnant again, I can start taking the progesterone. Thanks hun!
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe u know it may work all dr needs to do is check ur results and write script. Fx
  • Options
    MadDoda said:
    @RememberToBreathe u know it may work all dr needs to do is check ur results and write script. Fx
    It’s worth a go! 
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe staying as positive as I can.  
    @MadDoda I’ve been doing a heck of a lot of research over the last few weeks 🙈 fried brain. So I spent all afternoon reading next steps for low FSH... only to get home and read his results and they actually say high 🤣🙈 he’s hopeless! They don’t say ‘high’ but it gives a normal range of 1.4 - 18.1 u/l and he is 20.6 u/l.  

testosterone is fine, lh is fine. I guess my situation could be a lot worse. 
  • Options
    @SR19 does that mean they don't know what the problem is? At least your progesterone results came back healthy, that is great news! 😊

@RememberToBreathe and @MadDoda you're so right r.e. progesterone! It's crazy, before this process I would never even have known about this potential issue. To be honest I didn't realise ttc would be so hard full stop 🙈 

@RememberToBreathe where did you get your progesterone test kit (or however it is called!) from? I'm thinking of trying it next cycle. Hopefully you're able to get some p from a private clinic 🤞 I think we might be about in line this cycle, haven't noticed ewcm yet so thinking ov will be more like CD13 rather than cd11 (currently cd9)..

Been a bit MIA today as work was crazy, just jumped on a train to the lakes, time to chill, read and relax! Next bd Sunday night.... 🤞
  • Options
    @ginajolly90 I did this one but there are others too - https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/progesterone/ it came in two days so you’d be in time to do it this 7DPO if you wanted to. I’m CD7 and we had planned to start BD tonight but clearly DH couldn’t wait (bless him he was somewhat deprived last month) so we started last night instead 😂 No EWCM for me yet but I’m having my usual O symptoms so I reckon I could be CD11 this time too which would be your CD13! 
  • Options
    Gabi exhausted me big time after half day at university, I think I may have early night again. It's terrible I got some much to do, but I'm hardly alive lol. And I rly feel sad for all women I didn't expect that sore boob's are so annoying. 
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe thank you so much for the link. I definitely think £39 is a small price to pay to put my mind at ease :) So exciting that we may fully align! And yay for early bd! I wish the oh had higher libido....but at least he isn't arsed about being a bit clinical about bd in the fertile week. I think we would struggle otherwise....it just means we have a couple of weeks off after ov 😔 
  • Options
    @MadDoda I'm sorry you're feeling so low...sending you hugs ❤️ I know that isn't really helpful - but thinking of you. And hoping the p is doing its job! You're testing 12dpo, right? When is that?
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe thank you so much for the link. I definitely think £39 is a small price to pay to put my mind at ease :) So exciting that we may fully align! And yay for early bd! I wish the oh had higher libido....but at least he isn't arsed about being a bit clinical about bd in the fertile week. I think we would struggle otherwise....it just means we have a couple of weeks off after ov 😔 
    We’re the same! We schedule in BD and don’t too much after O. It’s a shame but DH insists on the dog sharing our room / bed and he (dog) gets annoyed when we turf him out 😂
  • Options
    @ginajolly90 there could be several reasons as to why it’s high and I don’t know if we will ever know the exact reason why 🤷🏻‍♀️. I’ve googled away and there are quite a few things it could be 🙈 

the P home test sounds good for you. I was relieved to know I had ovulated. I think it’s just gives you such a good piece of mind. 
This discussion has been closed.