Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying and not giving up! - Part 4

Replies

• Options
    @Aliciab90 ya!! I'm so glad!

@sr19 I'm so glad you are getting out and enjoying the weather. So do you have any idea what you'd be doing as a volunteer? That's really lovely of you. 

@RememberToBreathe as much as it sucks, you have a good perspective about it. Stopping (or at least lessening) your pain is a huge win and I'm sure that procedure will help with ttc. I'm holding positive thoughts for it. I know what you mean about the Dr. When I was young I was having severe pain but my doctor told me it was just my period and I needed to take more ibuprofen 🙄 I switched Dr a few times before I found one (a female one of course) that listened and believed me. I was having fibroids. Damn doctor's. Not all doctor's... But there's enough of the jerk ones unfortunately. I'm glad you found a good one.

@ginajolly90 hooray for BD! I'm glad to hear you're on the mend!! Hope you are 100% soon!  I'm so glad it's Friday. This week kicked my butt and I only worked 4 days of it 😬 

I'm looking forward to the weekend as I'm planning a mass clean out. Going to get all the stuff I don't use or wear to donate eventually. And hopefully dh and I can put together this glider patio furniture too. Hopefully I stick to it and don't just lounge on the couch all weekend 🤣

• Options
    @PinkSnow410  
    You could select what you wanted to do, either collect and deliver shopping for vulnerable/isolated people, or transport prescriptions, or help nhs staff by moving around things from site to site etc, or just being a call person. Ringing people up who are stuck in and just talking to them to keep them company. I was happy to do any but I love helping people so really liked the idea of fetching food for them etc. 
    they have to do a background check so I’m waiting to hear from that.

@Aliciab90 we moved into our house just over 18 months ago, and I absolutely hate our garden and driveway.  I have so much I want to do with it but it’s so expensive. To have the front and back done it’s going to be around £18k!  I just don’t want to part with any money without knowing my ivf route.  Because if it’s something I need to pay for I’d rather spend the money on that. 
  • Options
    morning beauties.... CD18 and low opk this early but im gonna do a second one around noonish to see its any higher bc ive never taken opks this early so maybe my lh is just low in the morning.....idk....no big deal really lol got our 2nd bd last night <3 6 more to go lol
  • Options
    @Catlady220 Good that you’ll covered by BD beaut ☺️

@SR19 yeh great idea to save it for IVF! 
    That’s an expensive job!!
  • Options
    @sr19 that's really amazing!! Bless you for volunteering ❤️. Yeah home and landscaping repairs can be so costly 😭 I'd want to save my money for ivf too. If you end up getting it through nhs the first time, you can do the upgrades then. 
  • Options
    Well. It’s cancelled and just in time for us to try this month! No OPKs so we will just start tomorrow and see how it goes! 
  • Options
    They cancelled it!? @RememberToBreathe I'm shocked. I guess if it's not safe tho, you're safety is the most important. Glad there's still time to try this cycle!! BD, BD, BD!!!

@MadDoda how are you? Af show?
  • Options
    Yup @PinkSnow410 I expected it so it’s not a big shock. Just glad they told be so promptly so it means that we don’t waste a month x
  • Options

Proof that opk time matters.... The first cd18 was at 9:30am.....the 2nd was 15 min earlier than I normally take it
    ......no ov cramps though so it's bring sneaky lol
  • Options
    Hi ladies thanks for asking after me and sorry that I can't keep up. I reached another assesment period and are working hard to keep my grades up. Just got my essay back with 75% , very happy. My period arrived the day after spotting and it's been terrible, I get lower back cramps like in labour just not nearly as painful, but very uncomfortable, it's heavy and I didn't have period like this since i got pregnant with Gabi. Only some if my mcs were like that ugh. Hope it will not be coming for 3 months now and the withdrawal blood will not be bothering me much. Bc is magic, after two days my acne started to clear. Finally after so many years. Hope u are holding on well in this critical time.

My husband git interview for work in kitchen in hospital, in one hand it's great, but otherwise very worrying. I will train him properly with self care on higher level if he gets the job. 

I'm about to have a bath and done test Gabi is unwell since a week already, we are keeping on self isolation. I rly don't know what is that he got, I thought if it would be corona we would show symptoms too, by now, but nothing. Unless we are lucky ones to be unsymptomatic. Either way self isolation will keep us and everyoNe else safe. As long as it doesn't get worse we can survive. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda awww I hope he gets better
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe BD!

@MadDoda sorry that to hear that hope gabi feels better soon!

this is my first day where I can relax and not do too much work, since this whole thing has begun! So happy to be having a hair mask and will probably do my nails later. Never even realised I was 8DPO...I’m usually counting down the days haha! @KiwiMoomin did you OV same time as me?
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe I’m sorry Hun! But like you say, at least you can give this month a go.  It’s not been a waste of a month. I hope they manage to get you in fairly quickly once all this has settled.
    still waiting for my cancellation. I feel it coming. 
  • Options
    @Aliciab90 well he just spiked 38.8 degree Celsius. I would be assuming at this stage we got corona at home and it's wise we isolated starting week ago. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda yeh I think all of you have to for 14 days now don’t you? Minus the ones you already done
  • Options
    @Aliciab90 we are isolating anyway so it doesn't matter. It says isolate 7 days if u show symptoms and 2 weeks if u don't or smth. But we are not planning to leave house until at least 10th , if I can do shopping online ahead which I'm planning then even longer. If we have it we have it, will be fine, but if we don't we are on Max precaution
  • Options

So I'm guessing it's gonna be a cd20 ov this month which is pretty common for me or I may ov over night 💖
  • Options
    @MadDoda thinking of you and little Gabi. A lady I work with, her husband has just come down with it too. Scary how close it’s getting. 

I’m trying to stay in a bubble and not watch the news. Went out for a walk this morning for the first time in a week. Was strange & quiet. But on the flip side I’ve nearly finished my cardigan these last few days 🤣
  • Options
    Aliciab90 said:
    @RememberToBreathe BD!

@MadDoda sorry that to hear that hope gabi feels better soon!

this is my first day where I can relax and not do too much work, since this whole thing has begun! So happy to be having a hair mask and will probably do my nails later. Never even realised I was 8DPO...I’m usually counting down the days haha! @KiwiMoomin did you OV same time as me?
    @Aliciab90, yes, I think I did, give or take a day or two.  But I messed up and didn’t have enough OPKs in the house to test properly and catch my peak. 

In contrast to you, this has been my longest 2ww everrrrrrrrrr.  Because we started BDing as soon as my period finished this month, I added an extra week to my symptom spotting (or rather lack of!).  So many eye rolls.  But I’ve been VERY pessimistic all cycle, from very early on.  Usually I have at least a week of feeling quietly optimistic and hopeful.  Perhaps not having my usual OPK build up and visual confirmation smiley face threw me off too much?  Been feeling crampy and irritable too.  AF sinking her claws into me already. X
  • Options
    SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Mar 28, 2020 9:45PM
    Well... AF has shown. I wasn’t expecting her until at least Wednesday. Started to spot yday so kinda got my hopes up that it was late implantation but it’s actually AF 😕 Nevermind!! Onto Month 11! 

@MadDoda sorry it seems to have hit your house. I hope recovery is quick.
This discussion has been closed.