Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

miscarriage

Replies

• Options
    Hey Helen
    So pleased you got it done and that it was bareable. If the ward you were on is anything like the one I was on it was mad busy all day and the nurses were just taking care of all these women who were bleeding and preparing for the op, or sleepin it off. We spoke to one of the staff and she told us if it were not for ppl like us (having mc) the ward would not be open. She told us it was like that most days, an unbelievable amount of women in and out.

Anyway....I can remember my first day after the op, I felt fantastic, so pleased it had been dealt with and so pleased with myself I had managed to have general anaethetic and conquered my fear of having an operation. We went our for lunch and visited all the family. By 4pm my body just needed sleep and we had to come home and I was white!!! I slept for hours. For me the worst day was the 2nd day after the op, I cried and cried and whenever OH said anything I just kept saying I am so sad. I soon made a decision that I was not going to mope and I would make something positive out of this situation if at all possible. I bought some books from Amazon that day and decided to look affter my body better. That was def my turning point and as they say, you gotta go down to come up.

So, here I am 8 weeks on. I ve had my first af and it was fine. I ve started homepathic medicine to try and sort out my cyst on ovary. I ve had my thyroid tested and know my levels are under control and I have cut out all the foods I know do not agree with me. The alterations we need to do to the house are in the negotiation stage and we have had planning permission...so I feel I have moved on in many ways. The hard part for me has been dealing with 2 close friends who have given birth in the last few weeks. I was hard viviting the maternity ward and holding the babies...but I did it.

As for trying again, we are waiting one more af, maybe 2 and see if we can hit the jackpot! The problem I have is this flippin cyst on my ovary. Ideally I would like to be rid of it, just incase it was a factor in the mmc...but on the waiting list for a scan (NHS) so could take some time. I guess going privately is always an option as really keen to try again.

You make sure you have a gentle few days and keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Love SIan XXX
  • Options
    Hi Sian I do feel ok today, thougt I would have some pain.
    Feel ok emotionally as well, after op yesterday I was really upset felt like thats it now no baby anymore.

I'm glad your doing ok I hope in time I will be.

Going to get ready now and venture into town as been stuck in hosp all weekend,hopefully be ok I wont stay out too long don't want to over do it.

Thanks so much for your support it really helps.
    Take care speak to you soon
    Love Helen :\)
  • Options
    Hi Helen
    First of all so sorry for your loss and hope youre feeling better soon i to had a missed misscarraige in June and had to have the op, feeling ok now although i feel some days are worse than others for me, although this forum really helps as there is nearly always someone on to offer advice and support.

Any way if you need to talk just ask

Cazz
  • Options
    Hi Cazz
    Its funny yesterday I was really upset after the op, felt like thats it I'v deffinately lost the babies even though I'd known for a week I had it hit me all over again.

Today though I feel fine, I suppose like you I'll have good and bad days.

Have you decide about trying again or do you not feel ready yet?
    I was thinking I'll wait for my first period then see how me and oh feel about it then.

Take care
    love Helen:\)
  • Options
    Hi I was just after a bit of advice.
    While I was pregnant I would get a sharp pain in my left side just now and again.
    My friend said it could be my bowel as she has IBS and had the same pain when she was pregnant, so I tried not to worry.

When I was in the hospital over the weekend I mentioned it to the nurse as I wondered if it had been a sign something was wrong.
    But the nurse said that it was normal.

Anyway I'v been getting the pain today, its not crippling but it makes me notice it. I havn't been to the loo for a few days and was wondering if it is my bowel. (but I'm a worry wart)
    Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks
    Helen:\)
  • Options
    Hiya
    I've had a similar thing on my right side and turns out I have a cyst on my right ovary. Last time it measured 10mm which is very small for a cyst apparently. Am on the waiting list for another scan which could take months. I have had this pain for some time and I too put it down to IBS.

Hope this helps
    Sian X
  • Options
    Hi Sian
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'll maybe wait a week and if its still there I'll go and see my doctor.

There's always something to worry about.

What will they do about your cist, do they opperate?
    Does it cause you much problems?

From Helen x x x
  • Options
    Hi Helen
    How are you feeling today?
    Not really sure yet when to try.

Had a hard day today my friend at work (who doesn't know about m/c's) is around 6 months pregnant and she and another girl have been disscussing babies all day i just find it really hard as my first pregnancy due date was before hers so it just seems so unfair that i lost 2 but she is ok.

Cazz
  • Options
    Hi Cazz
    I was ok this morning but went into town and I was looking at 2 lovely little teddies I thought about buying just a little something to rememeber the babies. But I got really upset and that was it for about an hour.

Feel ok now I suppose that will happen alot. I'm sorry you'v had a bad day, did you not tell people at work about your m/c?

I work in a school so I'm off now and wont have to face people at work for a while.

Love Helen x x
  • Options
    Hiya!

That's what I mean about having to just go with your emotions....it can hit you anywhere. I notice now that when I do get upset it doesn't last as long.

As for my cyst...gotta play the waiting game. It doesn't really bother me when I am doing nothing, but when I tried yoga the other day it hurt and sometimes I notice it when driving.

My GP is really cool about it, tells me not to worry that most women have cysts. The one I have is a corpus luteum which was related to the pregnancy. Where the egg is released from the ovary it is like popping a piece of bubble wrap and the space left behind is filled with fluid. As the pregnancy progresses the corpus luteum is s'posed to shrivel up as the placenta takes over, but for some ppl, it remains and grows. The GP told me that it should go by itself but so far I don't think it has.So all along I have been tellin myself it will go, after the ERPC I thought it would go, then after first af....but it is still there.

Remember it is still early days and you have been through a lot.

Love Sian XX
  • Options
    Hi
    Did you find out about your cyst after the m/c?
    If so I bet it made you really mad after going through 1 thing then another.

I didn't have this pain before I was pregnant so its possible it could be a cyst, I'll wait and see how it goes.

I always look on the negative side of things and hubby tells me off, I'm going to have to chilll out as we'v got alot of things to go through over the next few mths.

Going to bed now, speak to you soon
    Take care
    Love Helen:\)

• Options
    I found out about the cyst as I got admitted to hospital in the 7th week of pregnancy, I was in so much pain they thought it was ectopic. Before they did the scan, they were so convinced it was ectopic they ordered blood for a transfusion!!! I was so scared. I waited 2 hours for an emergency scan and they kept a close eye on me. Anyway, turned out it was not ectopic, baby was in correct place and had a strong heartbeat and that's when they told me the cyst was causing the pain. Funnily enough, over the next few days I coped with the pain so much better just knowing what it was. So, I carried on thinking everything was fine and then when I went for the dating scan at 12wks they said the baby had stopped growing 2 days after that last scan?! So initially I thought it was because they had stuck this light sabre up me to do the scan and blamed that. Then I blamed the cyst, then I blamed me and still I keep coming up with things to blame. I think we would all be able to cope with miscarriages more successfully if we had proper reasons. The thing is, we just don't know and I find that hard to deal with.

Take it easy over the next few weeks. The thing with this cyst is that as soon as you do something to exert yourself you may feel a little twinge...if it is a cyst.

Take good care
    Sian XX
  • Options
    Hi Sian
    I'm so sorry you sound like you'v had a real hard time.

I think we'r lucky in a way that we never saw a heart beat I think that would make it harder.

This pain I'm having never gets really painful, not enough to go to the doctors. I'v had it this morning but I feel like I need the loo(sorry too much detail). So I'm hoping its my bowel just getting back to normal.

Try not to blame yourself for whats happened, I know its hard cause I do myself. I wonder was it this or that but the nurse told us it wasn't.

Have you been for a drink yet? We'r going to visit family next weekend & they'll want to go out. I'm worried how I'll be after a few drinks.
    At least we wont know anyone there.

Take Care

• Options
    hi helen

just read your postings im soo sorry for your sad news i have wee boy at 18months but i also suffered mc in jan i was 12wks but they said baby died at 6wks i was devasted i am now 21wks preg due 4dec i had normal period after mc then fell preg they say time is a great healer and i believe that but i will never forget lost baby i still ahve good and bad days my baby would have been due 5aug so its getting nearer and it will set me back again it will always stay with me.

just take it easy and it will happen for you

take care

tracey x
  • Options
    Hi Tracey
    Its only been 2wks since we found out but it seems like mths ago.
    I only had d&c on mon so its taken a while to get to a point where we can try to move forward.

Its nice to here from people like yourself who have got such lovely news, I hope we can be as lucky.
    All I'v ever wanted is to have a baby and as you know when they tell you that devastating news it hits you like a tone of bricks.

Thanks so much for your message it makes me feel theres hope for us.
    Take care of yourself
  • Options
    Hey,
    I wanted to reply and say how sorry I am to hear what has happened to all of you and I understand how you feel.

I have had 2 miscarriages, first one In Jan 07 at 5+5 and second one just few weeks ago at 11+3(baby had died at 8+4). I don't have any successful pregnancies and I'm only 23 years old.
    I am very scared to have a 3rd pregnancy.

Has anyone had more than 1 mc and still managed to have a baby?
  • Options
    Hi I'm sorry you'v had 2 m/c's to deal with, I can't imagine how it feels.

This was my first pregnancy, I'm 28yrs old I guess it doesn't matter how old you are it can happen to anyone.
    I did wonder if I'd tried yrs earlier if it would of been different.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Take Care

• Options
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply and support. I could have never imagined having 2 miscarriages(as there has never been any in my family), especially being quite young aswell.
    But it has taught me that no matter what age, anything can happen, especially the least expected.

I think you are in the perfect age for a healthy pregnancy and birth and as you have gotten pregnant once, I'm sure you will get pregnant again and hopefully you'll be able to give birth to a healthy baby.

I wish you the best of luck with your next try, hope we would both be one of the luckiest people on earth soon image

-Annika
  • Options
    Hi, hope everyone is well & having a nice weekend.
    The sun is shining here(up north), hope everyone else has it to and not all that awful rain.

I bought my hubby a nintendo WII (stupid I know) so no chance of getting the T.V, so on comp instead.

I'v been feeling o.k, cry mainly at night when I have time to think about things. Had my 3yr old nephew yesterday, he ended up sleeping, we had such a lovely time.
    Made me sad really! I suppose things will make me sad for a while.

Take care all
    Love from Helen:\)

• Options
    Hi All
    Helen- how is the pain?? hope it is easing or even better...goneimage
    And how are your emotions? I found I would cry at night, when I was alone. (OH starts off sleeping in the other room...he snores so loudly!!! - it is like musical beds in our house!) Then I decided instead of lying there getting upset I would write it down and even wrote some poems which is not my cup of tea at all!! Then I would read over them until I could cry no more.

We had a trip to Dublin this weekend and the whole of the female population in Dublin was pregnant! I spent the weekend drinking because I am hoping this was my last blow out for a while as will be ttc next month. I had quite a bit of pain from the cyst this weekend and I think it was because I am ov.

Went to a funeral yesterday a friend of the family passed away after fighting cancer for a number of years. It was the first funeral I had been to since my Dad's last year and it kinda brought things back, so had a good old weep....especially when they played Aled Jones singing You Raise me Up!! Most of the women had lost it by that point!!

It's a beautiful day up here in North Wales so am going to take my spot in the garden and try to top up my tan.
    Love to all
    Sian XX