Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Katyjo

Replies

• Options

HI broxibear, so sorry to hear you;ve had to go through this too, hope you dont mind if dig a bit of info from your experience. How far along exactly were you when you were diagnosed? I have only had 1.5 days of bleeding that was way back when they told me I'd had a complete mc & i'm still waiting to lose whats died off in there its 10 days since my MTX. Did you find the bleeding really horrendous & was it painful & OMG 4.5weeks of it poor youimage??

Hi Katyjo,

Don't mind at all, ask all the questions you want - we're only gonna get through this with the support of each other image

I was 5 weeks and 6 days when i got told it was an ectopic in my right fallopian tube. I had been bleeding for 6 days when i got the MTX shot - but i had pain in my back on the right and pain in my front on the right so they gave me the MTX - i know it's a hassle not TTC for 3 months but on the other hand at least i still have both by Fallopian Tubes (no offence to anyone who got one taken away)

The bleeding was constant and wasn't horrendous - just like a heavy period (but that's normal for me) - Then it STOPPED - just as quick as it started - and i'm still very tired at times - and emotionally drained but i think the 3 month wait will get my body and head straight and ready to TTC with vigour once more!!

I had my little meltdown in the middle of a shopping ctr - probably more embarrassing for my DH than me!!

If you have any other questions don't hesitate - i'm here for you and together we'll get through this trial and when our BFP's come and we have our little Cherub it'll be all the more special!!

PMA & BABYDUST FOR US ALL HONEY!!!

Broxi xx
  • Options
    Hi to both!!!

Broxi - you are more than welcome to join us hun - there are only a few of us that have the same thing so it's only us that know what we are going through.

I am on my 6th week of bleeding!!! I have had enough of it already!!! My level is now 186 - so I hope it's down a lot more this wednesday - my spotting has got heavier but still classed as spotting!!!

When is your 3 month date hun - 12 weeks from my injection is the 31st December. So am looking forward to the new year!!! Although with seeing the private gynae who is a 40 min ride away and then fitting in with my non-existant cycles!!!

Katy hun - don't worry happens to the best of us! I keep getting a bit arsey at things - like I just went on my Bebo account - I never go on there except to check what they are getting up to as teenagers tell never tell you anything and I like to know what they get up to - anyway one of my sisters is 15 and her friend who is 15 has pictures of her 34week bump on her page - and I got all arsey as I think it's unfair! I have a loving home and family to bring the child into and really want the baby - it's not a mistake! Then I feel gulity for being arsey - surely her parents are supportive and are letting her stay at home etc - but still it makes me arsey!

I haven't had any out bursts in public yet - a couple at home - but I cry at anything sad or funny on TV!!! Hormones!!!!

I thought I might buy a small pair of booties and pop them on the christmas tree as a way to remember sprout every year and remember that I was a mummy to him/her first - even if he was daft enough to plant in the wrong place! I'd plant a tree or something but we don't have a garden here - so seems like the next best thing!

My weekend was ok - but a lot of pain yesterday again - and the pain killers the doc has given me gives me ulcers - oh joy!!!!

Take care hunnys.

XXXXXXXXXXX

• Options
    thanks broxi for that & you're right it will take a while to be really ready to TTC again.

MW.Be you are so going through the mill arent you. Ive gotten all crampy again this evening too, I cant believe how long this process is!
  • Options
    Hi MWB and Katyjo,

MWB - my 3 months from the exact date i got my MTX shot is..........My first wedding anniversary - nice day eh - just means when we can TTC it'll be extra special!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

MWB - like you my levels were at 186 2 weeks ago - they then dropped to 80 and then to 3 and i was discharged - you're really going through the mill - i thought i was bad with 4.5wks bleeding. Hopefully it just means our body's are cleaning themselves out for when we DO successfully TTC!!!!

I try to control when i cry as i hate crying in front of anyone - cos i HATE people feeling sorry for me - so i cry in the shower - at least by the time i come out my tears are gone and my face has had a good wash!! LOL

I bought a Phone Charm from Ectopic Pregnancy Trust's Website - you donate ??5 per charm - they're really nice image

MWB & Katyjo - hopefully after our 3 months - us 3 amigo's will be TTC with extra PMA & BABYDUST for usimage

Broxi xx;\)
  • Options
    Hi ya,

Broxi Bear - Wow your wedding anniversary - and I thought I was special with New Years Eve - thats great news hun!!!

Yeah I think my bleeding is lasting so long because I was 8 weeks when injected - so a lot of stuff to get rid of!

I might have a look at the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust Website - maybe buy a charm and pop that on the tree - my phone doesn't have a hole for a phone charm - either that or pop it on my keys! At least the money will go to help others.

Lets hope we all get there together in 3 months time - you two have been great! It's much easier when someone is going through it with you - as people who have miscarried understand a little - but this is slightly different. Big HUGS to you both.

XXXX
  • Options
    MWB & Katyjo,

Sending you both big hugs and PMA - it's great we've got each other to talk to - those that have had the MTX shot will understand what we mean when we say it's the WORST injection you can get and it's not quick at all!!!

Have you got any pain - i still have pain in my lower back on the side of my ectopic - do you think i should phone EPU and ask them what this is or do you think my body is still healing??

Broxi xx
  • Options
    Hey guys,

i totally know what you mean by people who have mc understand a little but it is different. I had this argument with my mother on saturday night she kept on saying well you know it wasnt meant to be there was something wrong with it bla bla bla she got right on my nerves & kept repeating it, but i was like the chances are mum there was nothing wrong with it it just landed in the wrong place, she eventually got it!!

With me they told me first it was chem pg then when i kept BFP again & they scanned me, doc said a complete mc so i went off thinking i'd lost my baby & that was bad enough but then later to be told actually you are still pg but we have to kill the pregnancy off was devastating & i definatley think its harder to come to terms with than a 1st trimester mc & when i say that i am sooo not making little of a mc most definatly not, its just a bit different.

I really like your bootie idea for the xmas tree MWB i think its really fitting as xmas is "family time" & there will always be one member missing wont there, its a lovey idea.

Has anyone ever told you 2 that you should really wait 6 months to be sure everything is ok before TTC??
  • Options
    Has anyone ever told you 2 that you should really wait 6 months to be sure everything is ok before TTC??

I've heard this - and to be honest it probably be the best thing to do (wait 6 months) to be absolutely sure - but i have absolutely no patience at ALL!!! and 3 months is about killing me already!!!

Babe - if i hear one more person say "wasn't meant to be" i'll scream blue murder!!! I know they mean well but they don't understand that we feel like our hearts have been ripped out and stamped on and personally i felt like a Failure as a Woman that i couldn't get this right (i know that's not the case) but doesn't stop me thinking it!!!

C'mon Katyjo and MWB - positive thinking in 3 months we're allowed to try again - 2nd time lucky????

Broxi xx
  • Options
    yay fingers crossed girlies we'll all have babies before next xmas image

I;ve twins to look forward in our family BIL & the wife are expecting them Jan so cant wait to see them.

off to cook tea now me chicken curry is marinating in the fridge yum yum!!.x

• Options
    Hey ladies!

Broxi - I would call them if it's worrying you - or go see your GP - my hospital people were crap - so my GP was much nicer and more helpful!!!

Yep the whole - it's not meant to be comment gets on my t!ts too!!!! One friend tried to comfort me by saying - most people have problems with their first pregnancy because their body isn't ready for pregnancy!!! I was like WHAT!!!! What about all those women who manage it normally first time!!!! Stupid comment!!!

I wasn't told anything about a 6 month wait - when the new year is here I'm jumping my man straight away!

Katy - as for my idea - it's a nice thing to do I think - and you are welcome to steal the idea and do the same thing.

Broxi - it is 7 weeks weeks til the new year - so we only have to wait 7 more weeks - wooooohooo!!!

I'm making jacket potatos for dinner - comfort winter food!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Hi Girlies,

We just had steak pie and wedges - mmmm lovely on a cold night!!

7 WEEKS - WOW - thats only 49 days - or 1176 hours - if you're a control freak like me !!! LOL

Might go to the docs tomorrow - i'm not hugely worried about it but it's niggling at me and i want to be in tip top shape in 49 days if you catch my drift!!! LOL Wink Wink

Broxi xx
  • Options
    Hmmmm lots of warm food floating about!!!!

49 days - wow!!!

Good plan with going to the doc! Just to make sure hun - best be safe than sorry!

I have been looking for something to put on my tree to remember sprout - but I have now had a thought that I might put a pair of booties or similar in silver on my charm bracelet - as can't seem to find the right thing for the tree! I am going to a christmas fair in december maybe I'll find something there!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
  • Options
    sorry broxi i missed that post about your pain. I've had a few days pain free but its back today more so this evening but i'm only 1.5 after having my MTX so i dont know how long it lasts. Mine was always on my left side although pg on my right ovary but nurse said its reflective pain or something like that same as when your appendix burst & you can feel pain on the other side, but tonight its on both sides & quite sore. You could always ring your EPU to be sure its normal.

I just want to start bleeding!!

MWB I've seen some crystal angels for Xmas trees or those gorgeous little crocheted (Sp?) booties for christenings they'd be sweet hung on the tree.

BTW i didnt have shot, mine was 10 x 10mg tablets i wonder why they make you have jabs when you can take it pain free??

Steak pie sounds nice might make that tomorrow actually i've lots of free time on my hands now!

night girls.x
  • Options
    Morning Ladies!

Today my man took me for a drive to the next town - we needed to buy him some suits and me some new work shoes - it was nice to get out the house! We also stopped for lunch ans had a really night steak sandwich - I feel it's gonna be soup for dinner as it was really filling!!!

I had blood tests at the hospital this morning - they should call this afternoon with the results!!!

I have bought a Saint Gerrard Charm - a bit like a Saint Christopher for Travelling - but this is for Expectant Mothers - to show that I think of everyone else this has happened to. Also if you are supposed to wear a Saint Christopher to keep you safe when you travel - I thought this one might bring me luck for the next time we ttc!!!! I'm not religous - but I'll give it a shot!!! The other charm is a baby on a star - it's cute - and I figure my baby is up there in the stars now - so seems appropriate!

Any sign of bleeding Katy??? I think the reason you had tablets and we had jabs is because your HCG levels are lower than ours when diagnosed.

So ladies 48 days til the new year now.... wooohooo!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Morning Ladies!

Today my man took me for a drive to the next town - we needed to buy him some suits and me some new work shoes - it was nice to get out the house! We also stopped for lunch ans had a really night steak sandwich - I feel it's gonna be soup for dinner as it was really filling!!!

I had blood tests at the hospital this morning - they should call this afternoon with the results!!!

I have bought a Saint Gerrard Charm - a bit like a Saint Christopher for Travelling - but this is for Expectant Mothers - to show that I think of everyone else this has happened to. Also if you are supposed to wear a Saint Christopher to keep you safe when you travel - I thought this one might bring me luck for the next time we ttc!!!! I'm not religous - but I'll give it a shot!!! The other charm is a baby on a star - it's cute - and I figure my baby is up there in the stars now - so seems appropriate!

Any sign of bleeding Katy??? I think the reason you had tablets and we had jabs is because your HCG levels are lower than ours when diagnosed.

So ladies 48 days til the new year now.... wooohooo!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Ladies,

MWB - thats a good idea about the charm - i'm not religious either but i'll give it a shot!!! St Gerrard - i'm coming to get ya!! LOL

Good luck with you're results this afternoon - i was so tired of getting results that i opened a wee book (betting) with my close family & husband - trying to guess what my next result would be - it's my way of dealing with upset/stress - make a joke!!:lol:

I've been busy at work all day - can't wait to finish - i only took 2 days off when it happened and now i wish i'd taken more cos i'm tired a LOT!!!

Hey Katyjo - how are you feeling today???

Big Hugs to you both!!! LOL to the 48 days to NY!!!!

Broxi xx
  • Options
    Hi Broxi!

My results were 76 - fingers crossed only one more week to go before it's all over!!!!

Awww bless ya being all busy at work - I only had to stand in a shop while he picked a suit and I'm shattered!!! You can always go to the doc and get signed off if you need more time hun.

I got my Saint Gerrard Charm from Ebay - was ??2 and ??2 postage - there are many different styles - but just type in Saint Gerrard and it will come up!!!

We can be "The Sisters of Gerrard"....lol!!! Maybe we should set up our own charity and support network....lol!!!

Hoping to have my charms here tomorrow!

XXXXXXXXXXXX

• Options
    Hey ladies - bit of a whim - but I have set up a Forum for Ectopic Ladies called.... Sisters of Gerrard - I have included miscarriage - but I don't want to take anything away from BE as I love it here, so it's mainly for ectopic ladies - as there's no where out there really for us to all get together - but it's somewhere for us to chat and free for me to set up! If you are interested send me your email address to princessmendi@hotmail.com - I won't put the website on here in case I get told off for advertising or something!!! Just a thought - feel free to say no!

But if it gets busy I may have to get you to help me be administrators...lol!!! Might keep us busy til new year!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXx
  • Options
    hi, yeh good idea for ectopic forum i'll email you later just popping on now quickly.

No bleeding yet but plenty more pains :cry: perhaps its on the way.

I remember you saying before about my HCG being lower & thats why i prob got tablets, but i have read a few times now the shot is 50mg & i got 100mg, i'm gonna ask out of interest on friday if i remember! Also will ask about lack of bleeding & the continuing pain & i wonder would they scan me to see is it gone & where its gone??

My pregnant friend called to see me this evening with cakes &flowers so sweet. She is 32 weeks now & had a bit of scare last week very bad pains for about an hour i think she'll go early she dropped an awful since i saw her last about 2 weeks ago, she's also getting lots of braxton hicks & pressure cant wait !! I know some girls dont like to see other pregnant women but it doesnt bother me at all they always make me smile & think awwww - how about ye??
  • Options
    Yeah some pregnant ladies I'm good with and some I'm not - depends on the day I think!!!

I think if your HCG is below 10 - they assume it's gone - as it has to be 25 to get a reading on a home pregnancy test.

I'm sorry your getting pain hun - maybe you'll not get much bleeding - I'm not sure if it's possible to not have any.

No worries about the forum hun - think ti will be good to have somewhere to chat for a bit!!! Might just be us three but hey - it will be fun...lol!!!

A couple of people I am close with on here who have had miscarriages have already joined - I needed a second opinion - so there will be a few of us!

XXXXX

• Options
    Hi Girlies,

I was out on round 2 of Xmas shopping last night - after my meltdown on Saturday!!

Katyjo, i hope you feel better soon, if you have questions for EPU - write them down - i did and it helps a lot!!!

MWB - My 2nd last HCG was 80 then i dropped to 3!!! Fingers crossed for next weeks result!!!!!

Anyhoo, Princess - i've sent my email address to you i'm ready to be a sister of St Gerard!!!

Broxi xx