Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Katyjo

124»

Replies

• Options
    Hi katyjo,

I'm okay thanks. OVing this week so very nervous!

I haven't had any response re changing the forum names- hopefully soon fingers crossed!

Been quite excited over the weekend- we went to look at a wedding venue and it looks like we are decided on there! xx
  • Options
    cool! i remember planning my wedding loved it, venue was hard enough to decide on though. Expensive things weddings i didnt like that bit!! when are you getting married?

Have you your dress? i was tight when it came to my dress& refused to pay out thousands even though we werent on a really tight budget i just thought the money would be better spent elsewhere, so i bought a bridesmaid dress just had it made in white it was made to measure like any other wedding dress & only cost me like ???????550 for the money we saved on that we were able to have the luxuries like champagne toast 2 bands a DJ & Irish dancers it was a great day & i've 9 CD's of photos & 7 hours of video tape to prove it!image

K.x
  • Options
    Well we have a budget of next to nothing- but I'm not willing to compromise on honeymoon. We are going to go to Mauritius (fingers crossed we have a 1 year old by then, who will have to stay with grandparents!) but I am willing to go for 10 days instead of 14!!

I went to a Maggie Sottero designer day the other week, and the dress myself and my mum both liked was by Blue by Enzoani and is dead expensive (ssshhh... ??1195). Have done my research and you can get it cheaper in the US, although the exchange rate is poo at the moment

I'm really pleased with the venue as the new events guy there has changed how they do things. They have vastly reduced the room hire and are changing the venue from doing big "hire out the whole place" expensive "you get to choose from the following options and that's it" type place to small and bespoke. Pefect! x
  • Options
    Morning Ladies!!!

Supposed to go back to work today - and wake up with pain - I look like a right faker!!! I have a GP appt this afternoon at 3.20 - I have just got back from the hospital this morning and been told I have no HCG left as I took a pg urine test at the hospital and they said it was negative!!! Although I only manged to give them about a teaspoon full - why do they never tell you that you need give them a sample before you get there!?!?!?

I was told I can take the 5mg folic acid now up until 10-12wks of being pg - so start taking that - need to put a reminder on my phone otherwise I'll forget!!!

GEM - I know you got pg on your first try of ttc - but 70% of women with PCOS don't know they have it and manage to conceive naturally.

Katyjo and Kimmy - my friend is getting married next year we have been friends since we were 11 at school!!! And I'm her cheif bridesmaid - so having a hen do to think and help her with chosing things does help take my mind of things - even if we are both in different countries - she's up in scotland - and so most of it is done by email!!!

Katyjo - has the pain gone yet? Are you still suffering?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to have bridesmaids- unless I hae a little girl of course!! My younger sister has baggsied holding her hand down the aisle! x
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

sorry i have not been logged on much no particular reason though.

well up until this evening i had been pain free for days but again it has come back & like you MWB i'm due back at work on Monday! I'm still going though unless i cant walk i'm ready to go back & am quite bored at home & miss my friends, they have called out a few times to see me & we've been texting but its not the same you know? I reallly dont get why i'm still getting pains its 8 days now since my last EPU appointment they told me it will shrink down itself & be absorbed back into my system my HCG was only 7 so how come its still hurting do any of you know why & how long shoudl we expect to put up with it??????

I was chief bridesmaid for my big sis a few years back but unfortunatley didnt get the chance to do all the girlie stuff with her & couldnt enjoy it much, i was about 6 months pg with my 2nd & sick as a pig, i regret missing out on that as we are very close. So MWB enjoy every minute of your experience!!

K - enjoy your wedding planning it goes by soooo quick you wont believe it!!

K.x

• Options
    Hey Katy - how's the pain now?

My pain has gone now- only the odd niggle! STILL BLEEDING THOUGH - GRRRRR!!!!! 8 weeks now!!! If still here tomorrow - gonna ring my doc and ask for something to take to stop it - I go away next weekend for the weekend and I want to be able to enjoy the romantic situation and the hotel bed...nudge nudge wink wink!!!!

As for the rest of you girls - how you doing?

I am burying myself in organising christmas thinking it will get me through til new year and then I can start ttc again!

Anyone feeling Christmassy yet?

xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    hey.

I love christmas its my favourite time of year, I've all santa done only 2 more pressies to get then thats us done for the first time ever before December! Heading up to Northern Ireland next saturday to do food & drink shop good job we have a chest freezer everything is soooo cheap now. A couple of friends of ours were up last weekend said 24 bottles of miller ??7, nappies aswell 2 x boxes of pampers ???????24 imageimage (1 PACKET here is ???????10 never mind a bloody box) but you'd know all this living in the UK its completely ROI (rip off ireland) here & only about an hours drive so we shall take the van i think & stock up.

Pain is much improved thanks but still bloody there most of the time a bit worse since going back to work & still pretty sore at night after work i think its from probably sitting in an office chair & walking up & down stairs all day, but i cant grumble its way better.

Cant believe you are still bleeding thats amazing!are you sure its normal to bleed for so long perhaps you shoudl say something?? doc told me @ last apt. i probably wont bleed it will just be absorbed over time, since read takes between 4 & 6 weeks after MTX.

I have a friend ive known for years since school, she & I had our last babies together, she was asking me today how i was etc. when i told her i'd to wait about 6 months to try again she said we'll be going together again so!! her & OH plan to try next April/May I'm delighted it was great last time our babies were born exactly a week apart she beat me to it she had this tiny neat basketball under her jumper took off sick couple of weeks before due date, flew through pregnancy no sickness nothing & I of course was massive & uncomfortable worked to 39 + 4 weeks was sick as a pig the whole way through & so exhausted & she bloody beat me! Hopefully next time all will be fine for both of us (she has had 3 mc & 2 threatened).

Do you think you'll be nervous next time? I know i'll be sh*tting a brick could not do this again i dont think, thats why i'm kind of glad i've to wait so long.

Enjoy your break hon you so deserve it i think we all do at this stage, I have 2 weeks off at xmas which is great, might try & get away for a night too. where are you off to??
  • Options
    Hey hun,

Wow - sounds like you've got a nice trip planned - you go for it hun!

Yeah spoke to docs about bleeding - it should stop in a week or two they said (last week when I went hospital) and if it doesn't to ask my GP to give me something to stop bleeding for a bit. If no good by friday - I'm ringing the GP as want to be good for my break! We are off to London - 4 of us and we are going to see Mama Mia the show, then dinner at a fab italian restaurant! Should be good fun!

Glad your pain is easing up I haven't had any for a while which is a good sign and all pg symtpoms gone now - so happy with that!

Good news about your friend trying at the same time - it's nice to have people to talk to. Yes I will be nervous next time - but I guess these things are sent to try us as they say!!!

Going to try and right xmas cards now!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx