Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan dates?

Replies

• Options
    Soexcited2011 how many weeks will you be? X
  • Options
    Hopefully now the holidays are out of the way we should have some more scan dates through!! Good luck with the early scan too, keep us updated xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies. i have my scan in an hour and a half Im really nervous. i had a little fall down the stairs last night and it has worried me a little. fingers crossed everything is ok. no bleeding or cramps so that's good x
  • Options
    hi littlenikki, is this your first scan, is it an early one or the 12 week scan ? hope everything goes well, let us know how you get on, its all starting to feel real now people are starting to have scans

good luck x
  • Options
    This is meant to be my 12 week scan but in northern Ireland u get seen earlier Im about 9 and a half weeks. I now have no finger nails lol
  • Options
    Oooo good luck! How exciting. Ditto it feeling a bit more real with other people having scans! I think I've been doing an ostrich and pretending it isn't happening to avoid going crazy with excitement/nerves! My scan is so looooooong away - 29th Jan. argh - will pull all hair out! Tell us ASAP how your scan goes please so we can live vicariously! X
  • Options
    Hey ladies. omg that was amazing. amazing to see the wee one kicking and punching. hospital bringing me back for another scan at 13 weeks for a reassurance scan. hearing heartbeat was unreal. dated me a day behind so important 9w+2 x
  • Options
    Im not important damn auto text
  • Options
    Thats great news, glad all went well for you x
  • Options
    Yippee! What great news.
  • Options
    Glad it all went well!! We're debating whether to book an early scan for next week. I might wait and see if my letter comes through this week with my 12 week scan date first xx
  • Options
    Ill be 8+4 when have early scan, think was 8 weeks exactly when had one with ds x
  • Options

aww cant wait till my scan gets booked, spoke with midwife today and she gave me my edd of 21st aug which makes me 7 weeks image i thought i was only 6 weeks but apparently not.

Got my first appointment in 2 weeks so excited, do u think ill get to hear the babys heart beat? for peace of mind? what happened at your first appointments?

• Options
    You don't usually get to hear the hb until your 16 week appointment when it can be heard through a Doppler - it's the best sound image If it's your booking in appointment you have to fill in a lot of paperwork! Family history and that kind of thing. You also have bloods taken and have to give a urine sample. You get given a lot of info too! x
  • Options
    My first app was family history, weight, period info, urine sample. Then today I had bloods taken at the hospital and then scan. They let me hear the HB today have to agree happy Mrs s its the best sound. One thing I'm noticing is how much they push breastfeeding. This is my first and already the pressure they are setting with doing it is a bit unreal. 2 DVDs 1 book and 5 leaflets and counting
  • Options
    Same as others said on booking appointment - loads of paper work, urine, blood tests until you have none left and loads of info. I think mine took at least 2 hours with my DD. it is a nice opportunity to get to know your mw and to air any initial concerns. If its your 1st quite nice to have your partner there as they'll want all his family history too. They are very 'breast is best' - my mw has a fetching breast is best Tshirt and lanyard! They only get more so the closer you get and once you have the baby it's all you hear. It must be very hard if you are totally certain you don't want to bf or can't. I bf DD but did get annoyed with every man and his dog asking to watch my latch even though we had no probs and she never lost any weight. I guess they're just trying to help!
  • Options

well, after a minor fit of impatience and tears at the weekend we've booked ourselves in for an early scan in exactly two weeks - 17th jan. i'll be 10+3 then image it's a huge weight off my mind now knowing i'll actually get to see my little sprout before the 12/13 week mark.

also, husband can't get time off work for the booking in appointment i've been given. what sort of family history do they need - like, how far back? his parents and grandparents? just so i can get all this info from him/m-i-l before i go so i'm all prepared image

• Options
    I think they ask about any family illnesses or problems with babies. Can't remember the exact illnesses they ask about. Just check with him that there's nothing major on his side that should be enough.
  • Options

will my partner need to come then? Not sure if he will be that bothered about coming, but id like him to, ive just txt him so will see what he says image

• Options
    I dont know what its like in mainland UK but in northern Ireland they ask the partners to leave the room then they ask u if your partner hits you and stuff. totally wasn't expecting that but after speaking to a few people this happens to everyone at their booking inn app