Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan dates?

Replies

• Options
    No, never been asked this is the uk, but think its an excellent idea. Lots of domestic violence starts or gets worse during pregnancy. People don't like to talk about it, being asked outright might shock some women in to disclosing and getting help. If it helps just a few it's worth it.
  • Options

OMG id be horrified if they asked me that lol my partner wouldnt dare hit me, its not worth his balls haha

• Options
    They asked me this when I was pregnant with ds in the UK, that was in 2010, its standard apparently. Also whenever I went for appts there were posters about domestic abuse / violence in the loos etc.

Jo x
  • Options
    I've had the domestic violence question but it was the health visitor when she visited a couple of weeks prior to the baby being born. She also asked if I new how to check my breasts, my husbands testicles, if we owned our house and if we earns enough to manage! I took an instant dislike to her as when she first arrived I asked if she'd like a tea or coffee and she said 'would you give me a hot drink with a baby in the house, not very sensible!' she was a bit OTT!
  • Options

:O no way...what are we supossed to stop drinking tea and coffee now?? haha what a joke she sounds

• Options

Got my scan letter through - 30th January. Bet the time drags until then! 

• Options

hey all im joining you- this will be my secont baby- am due 23 aug!- i am 7+3 at the moment and dying to hear from the midwife and have my 1st appt! whn did you guys have yours? thought is was supposed to be at 8 weeks but thats looking doubtfull!- cant wait for it to be official as such as kina feel like im making it up lol! tho the nausea, tiredness and dizzy spells would suggest otherwise hahaha

• Options
    March mummy mine isn't until 10+2. But that could be due to the Xmas/new year break. Whereas I had mine at 8+1 last pregnancy.

Hope you hear soon.

• Options
    We're having an early scan tomorrow evening, I feel really nervous! I just want to know that everything's ok, things are progressing as they should be and hear a heartbeat. Fingers crossed!! x
  • Options

I have an early scan on Weds due to a little bleeding, i also hope things are as they should be, pregnancy can be such a worrying time x

• Options
    I've just had my letter through and I have my scan on 30th January, that's ages away!!! Lol xx
  • Options

Hi ladies.

I went to see doctor between Xmas and New Year and I am booked in to see the midwife on the 15th. I will will be 8 weeks on that day. What normally happens when you first meet the midwife? This is my first time and I am very nervous. I passed some brown discharge for 2 days after DTD a couple of weeks back (sorry TMI) x

• Options
    At your first midwife appointment you have to answer a lot if questions, give family health history and fill out some forms. The midwife explains your different options for giving birth and you tell her which you'd like (e.g. Midwife led unit) but you can change your mind later. You have to give a urine sample, like you do at all appointments and you have bloods taken. It lasts between 40 minutes and an hour. You get lots of information to take away, it can be quite overwhelming but for me it made things feel more real the first time around. X
  • Options

Got home from work yesterday to a letter with my 12wk scan date in - 4th Feb! i will be 13 weeks then. I cannot wait!! xx

• Options

My scan date is through and it's on Monday 11th Feb - I'll be just over 12wks if this little bean decides to stick around

booking in appointment on 25 Jan, and Consultant appointment on 30th - I'm now high risk due to prem labour first time round so getting consultant led.

Good luck ladies.

x

• Options

My 12 week scan is on the 23rd Jan - I am super excited!  I have already had a couple of sneak peaks though x

• Options
    My scan date came through! 30th jan! So excited!! Had fest bout of sickness today, but is reassuring that all should be going well! X
  • Options

My booking in is tomorrow but no new on scan yet x x

• Options
    I had my early scan and all is well image. Heard the little bean's heartbeat, best sound ever!! Got my dating and nuchal scan date through yesterday, it's on 4th Feb. My birthday is the week before and I was hoping my scan would be too so that I could tell people our news, but never mind!! X
  • Options
    How far are you along? Isn't it the most amazing sound. i had mine at 9w+2 and don't have another one until 13+2 so don't know if i can tell people at 12w or have to wait a whole other week lol. the secrecy is killing me lol