Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

20 weeks+

Replies

• Options

My scan went well on Monday Tali. He is all healthy and was wriggling about happily and still a boy.

Aimsie, my oh is being a pain and refusing to buy anything himself until August grrr!

• Options

great news micro x 

babytummy, my dd is 3 next month x

snap aimee, hopefully both of ours will move image

sounds as if a few are struggling with spd image

• Options

tali i leave first week of july as having hols first, need to count how long away that is!

just got wee wee results back, all clear-phew! thought i had a uti as been feeling quite uncomfortable and have urge to wee all the time but just looks as if my baby is low down. Anyone else have this issue? Also seem to have very weak pelvic floor too! sorry for tmi!

• Options

Hi everyone, Had a bit of a downer today, tears for no reason....not sure its appropriate to cry your way round tesco!!!!  The pelvic pain seems to be much worse today and is more in the middle than on one side, at the mw next week so will see what she says.

we are off to the babyshow on sunday hoping to pick up some bargains image 

I am looking at finishing work mid august, seems ages away but at the same time it is fkying by so will be here before we know it!

Hope you are all doing ok and the hormone monster is keeping at bay image 

• Options

@micro ahh thats great pleased to hear it lol still a boy image

@minieggs oh you're so lucky you're a few weeks ahead of me, I am literally counting the days down to get out of here let alone the weeks lol! I also have been having a really strong urge to wee but baby is very low so think its just him on my bladder.

@aimsie you poor thing, sending big hugs! Hope you're feeling much better now and be reassured its very normal, pregnancy hormones are demons!!

I had my midwife appointment yesterday, baby was well, heartbeat fine etc and am measuring a week ahead, back to see her in 5 weeks. Spoke to her about my pelvic pain and she said baby is very low down still in my pelvic area so she's not surprised I've been getting pain, she has advised me to buy a bump band and see how I get on and if no better then will discuss physio at my next app with her.

Has anybody else tried these bump bands and are they any good?

Also, spoke to her about water birth and she has said there should be no problems having one and she's encouraged me to give it a go, so have now made up my mind thats what I'm doing, quite exciting!!

Hope you're all feeling well and have a lovely weekend x

• Options

Hi All,

My husband felt our baby kick for the first time this morning! Amazing!!

@Aimsie I has a very tearful day on wednesday cried in front of a senior management and my staff team - no dignity left now!! Just couldn't stop the tears coming. Hope you are feeling a bit more comfortable now.

@Tali I havent talked officially to work yet but hoping to finish when school summer hols start and start my maternity from beginning of sept. I know this means I have less at the end but already feeling really pregnant and tired all day at work.

I found myself in a stor cupboard the other day with no idea why i had gone there, then I left my handbag in the office but had taken my house and car keys with me!! I am becoming a liability!

@Micromonkey glad to hear your scan went well. xx

• Options

Tali, are you measuring a week ahead in fungal height? At our scan little man's legs were measuring 5 days ahread and his head 2 days ahead. Don't think he's a little one : ) tulip my oh has felt him kick several times now and so has our little girl.

my school have already sorted my mat cover and given her contract from the 1st Sept but I've not said when my mat leave starts yet as I've not had my mat1b form!

• Options

Hi all, not been on for a bit sorry. Spd is giving me some pain, a few of you mentioned pain in lower back, definitely get it checked, mine hurts on left side of lower back at min and I can hear back crunching, not nice, praying it doesn't get worse.

im quite impressed we didn't find out sex, a few at work were gutted as they want to know, will definitely share on here when it arrives image

little one seems very calm, I can get it to move to music from my iPad though which is quit funny, rest of th time I feel very little, just enough to keep me from worrying too much.

have you all sorted your prams ec, it's a mind field I'm not too sure where to start - carry cot? Removable car seat? 3 or 4 wheels lol, think we need to go n have a play with a few.

keep getting told I'm huge too, hope it slows down, I'm no eating tht much either, appetite really isn't what it was.

im also a source of entertainment as my memory is shot, can't remember my own name some days

cant wait to meet the little bundle though, will all be worth it Im sure 

• Options

Hello again. Another exhausting week, but we have bought a new car image Going to get it next weekend which means getting to see my Mum and Dad again (they live 350 miles away and we don't see them as often as I would like)

I am also a teacher and am looking forward to the hols. Sadly my school don't let us start mat leave immediately after the hols so will have to go back for a little bit; that's ok though, I will probably work an extra couple of weeks as baby not due until 24th.

I feel completely ruined today as took my daughter to Longleat yesterday (safari park in the South West) we had a fab day but my husband works most weekends so I was doing all the walking/carrying and was feeling a bit smug about feeling OK. Can barely walk this morning and had really bad night's sleep too. I am so depressed about it as I am massive, look about 8 months gone and it is mostly fat. My legs are grotesque and I just want to do some exercise - I'm not eating that badly just not doing enough. It doesn't help that the only other person at work who is pregnant is a couple of months behind me, 5ft tall and a size 4/6. She makes me look like an elephant!!

Jenben, we have a Silver Cross Linear Freeway already from my daughter. I love it as it is so versatile and she still fits in it now. It feels really sturdy and secure and the carrycot converts to the seat so I can still lie her completely flat if she wants to sleep. It was also part of a travel system which was handy if just popping to the shops as it is a big  pram and easier on boot space without the carrycot. I think it is hugely down to personal taste but I am not a fan of 3 wheelers as I always feel they want to tip when on uneven ground  but I know a lot of people who swear by them. My main advice would be to join the 'baby clubs' (eg Mothercare Baby and Me) and they often send out vouchers for money off when you buy a pram and then go and try a load out in the shops, see what suits you and consider your boot space too. I loved the excitement of getting it and am a bit sad I will miss out this time image 

Can still buy some new clothes though image Tee hee. Can't wait to hear about all our little ones when they arrive.

xXx

• Options

Morning everyone, had a brilliant day at the baby show yesterday, got a full set of phillips avent bottles, steriliser etc goood price, and the pink lining changing bag I wanted with £25 off (hubby was a bit happier with that than full price) we have also decided to go eco and bought reusable nappies called gnappies (my lord they are soooooo cute!!!) 

Next weekend we are furniture shopping for our bedroom as currently all my stuff is in our spare room (or if you prefer my own walk in wardrobe) as we need to get rid of the stuff innthe spare room to make room for little one its a good opp to finaly have a proper sort out image 

We are looking at getting the Maxi Cosi Streety Plus travel system....its quite reasonbly priced and golds up very compact (I have a mini cooper so our key feature needs to be compact!) 

Hope all had a lovely weekend?

• Options

Hi all

@ Aimsie I am interested in using eco nappies - maybe not when baby is first here but definitely when baby is a few months old. (purely to give me chance to get used to the daily goings on!!! image ) I had a demonstration in a shop yesterday by a brand called Dottybots (based in Yorkshire). I really liked the idea more after seeing how easy it is. Also the lady in the shop said that if you spend £50 then Leeds city council give you £30 pounds back as you are saving the environment so maybe your council may do a similar thing. Think you just need a copy of your receipt. I have had a look at the brand you mentioned and liked the look of them too. The lady in the shop said it saves you about £800 a per and thats including electric bills.

Good luck with the sort out. We are moving next month so know exactly how much their is to do! Gulp. We are still deciding on a pram but leaning towards Uppababy Vista so nearly there I think.

@babytummy I need to check about maternity as I want to make sure i don't miss out on being paid for the summer hols so if that is the case then I will go back in Sept for a bit. image. I know what you mean about feeling exhausted after one day of activity I went to temple newsam with my friend and her 2 children for a picnic and day out yesterday and had to sleep when i got back!! Dont worry about feeling like you do when being pregnant I can feel the weight flying back on now and I too have a neat little colleague who is pregnant. I am looking to start doing pregnancy yoga which then carries on after and you can take your new baby with you.

xxx

• Options

@tulip lovely news about husband being able to feel the kick, its a moment to remember and one that makes it all seem worthwhile. How are you getting on preparing for your move? I know what you mean about being tired at work, its absolutely killing me at the min am so tired at the end of each day can hardly be bothered to cook dinner and do the housework when I get home!

@micro yes was measuring a week ahead in fundal height although mw did say she thought he was gunna be a big boy, but they said that the whole way through my pregnancy with dd and she was only 7lb 7oz which I dont think is very big.OOh sounds like your one could be a big baby though lol, hopefully not too big for your sake fc lol. When will you get your Matb1 form? Hope it gets sorted soon

@jenben, you poor thing! How are you feeling now? I've been having a lot of pain too, bought the bump band at the weekend which did seem to help at the weekend but after a whole day of it on I felt as if it was squeezing my ribs and putting pressure on them so have had to take it off again. So sweet your little one will move to music mine is just a random mover whenever it suits him lol! Ive gone for the Silver Cross 3D Jet Sport pram, it was a good price, sturdy and not too big so was ideal for us. I'm defo not a fan of the 3-wheelers as they never look as secure to me although I'm sure they are. Havent picked a cot yet need to do that soon as well.

@babytummy Yay about your new car, and great that you get to see your parents more, I didnt see mine for nearly 3 years when I moved away and now i only live a street away from them and I love it, think you appreciate them more as you get older. I also feel like a giant whale and people keep saying how much bigger I look than what I am! Also starting to get a really unattractive vericose vein on my thigh, makes me feel about 90 lol!

@Aimsie wow baby show sounds amazing and sounds like you got some great bargains! We need to do furniture shopping as well but we're pushed for space and dont really want to spend a fortune on it (its like £400+ in mothercare for wardrobes!)

Hope everybody is ok, I feel really emotional today, have had a couple of really bad nights sleep, heartburn, achey hips waking me up, boooo!! Roll on September!!

xx

• Options

Lol Tali, my last big baby was 6lb 10!!! My hubby had to go and buy tiny baby clothes as nothing fitted! Got my mat1b form today the midwife left it at the doctors for me to pick up so I'm now officially pregnant!

we've bought a baby jogger city versa it's lovely and fits in a fiesta boot with the seat one : ) going to get a custom liner for it : )

the only furniture we need is a big girl bed for Dr to move into when ds is ready for the cotbed. Going to get a cabin bed so we don't need extra drawers.

• Options

hi all, so many posts! 

ive been feeling properly pregnant the last few days image the whole weeing all the time, bump feeling lots bigger, am very clumsy and forgetful! joy!!

dd keeps asking when her little bro will come out, gonna be a long sunmer for her!

those fundal height measurements are rubbish imo. i always measured a few weeks behind with dd and she was a healthy 6lb 12oz

• Options

phone driving me nuts teying to type, grr,hope everyone ok this week?

• Options

HAPPY HALF TERM to all other teachers! Still 5 or 6 weeks til I see the midwife, got my mat1b for to work this week so am officially pregnant, done my maternity leave start date letter too

• Options

HAPPY HALF TERM Micromonkey image Only 7 and a half weeks left of the school year, so 9 and a half working weeks for me me until Matleave. That's less than 50 days woooooooohooooooo. 

I don't see midwife for a couple more weeks and haven't got MATB1 form yet, looking forward to writing the letter though. Glad you sorted your pushchair.

Lol @ Talk. I also feel very old, just much more aches and pains with this pregnancy and feel exhausted all the time. Sigh. It will all be worth it. Hope you are keeping well.

I think my school are just a bit awkward so don't worry too much, Tulip, technically they can't say that legally, but then I have to work there so I'm not really going to take them to court or anything, lol. Been for lovely walk in the sun today but now I think I may sleep the evening away!!

xXx

• Options

Babytummy2 when you finish is your choice not theirs human resources at the council state that, my mat leave is starting on the 5th September, I'm going back on the 3rd for the two inset days and that is it. If they fuss I will say I'll work the firest week which they won't want as it will confuse the children. I'm not due until the 26th but want to get my daughter settled at her new preschool before baby boy arrives. My midwife left the form for me to collect from my doctors surgery : )

• Options

Happy June image for some reason it makes September seem a lot closer, hope you are all feeling well x

• Options

Hi guys, long time no see!!! Sounds as if everyone's doin well n just counting dwn til maternity leave now

im now 27+3 weeks and feeling absolutely huge.......and goin to the loo every half hr which is a pain 

neways just wanted u all to kno that I've had my c section date which is 15 August, a week before my kids start school which is a little bit worrying aswell as reassuring but I'm sure ill manage