Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*****3rd tri Monday *****

Replies

• Options

Morning

A busy thread this morning!

ABC- I hope your day goes quickly

LD- baby out vibes for you. Enjoy your afternoon with the NCT girls.

Flossy- hope going back to work wasn't too much of a shock to the system. 5 weeks will fly by. You'll get the jobs done. Just remember that certain jobs can also be done once the baby is here too.

Isis- sending you baby out vibes for today (only)

Counter- take each job as it comes. You will get them done.

OB- sorry to hear about the redundancy. Hope the scan goes well.

AR- glad you are feeling better and had a nice sleep

Weekender- Moan away. You are entitled to.

SP- 4 more days will fly by

Bertie- a pamper session sounds lovely. I think I might try and schedule in a pregnancy massage soon

AFM- not a lot to report. Baby seems fine and I think anti biotics are working- even if they are making me sleepy.....have been put on extra strong ones! My current middle child has gone to pre school today in his 'onesie'. They are having a onesie day, he is very excited as his one is a tiger! Just me and the little man today. He turns 2 at the weekend so will need to get a few things done for that.

• Options

Morning all

won't even try to do personals today as i am on quite late! i will rename today ''moany monday'' and too right we seem like we all have quite a lot to moan about today! ive read through all your posts and sending you all hugs and baby out/in vibes who need them,

i was up at 1am with terrible pains to the point of taking my breath away and they were so intense i felt like i couldnt cope with them which is a bit of a worry! but then they just went off after an hour :-/

i just want it to kick off! its so frustrating!

anyway hugs to you all x

• Options

Struggling to stay awake at desk. Okay - What would *YOU* do here?:

Tomorrow and Weds we have decorators in. Hubby is at home until lunch then goes to work. We can't leave dog home alone with them and Harry is at school. Weds is fine, hubs is on a nightshift so will be in during the day...

Do I:

A) Own up to needing to work at home in the afternoon due to decorators (so 'not done' with a team of auditors on the premises to mainly spend time with me, not something I would ever do and I feel very bad)

B) Go home unexpectedly 'sick' at lunchtime, and actually go to bed and get some rest and not work. (Since BFP I have had 2 hours off with a migraine, 1 day with ear infection and the scan appointments, no other time off)

C) Bring the dog to work in the afternoon (although she'll bark at every new person who comes in to my office, the rest of the time she'll lay in my lap)

• Options
    I vote for 2 counter. You deserve the rest!!
  • Options

I'd go for B counter, although I wouldn't be able to go to bed if the decorators were in.

• Options

OB - sorry about the rubbish work news. What a difficult decision. Hope the scan goes well.

AR - glad you're feeling better.

Weekender - it must be so frustrating being stuck in like that.

SP - enjoy your flexi day and seeing your friend. I am not sure Im a good role model, let's see what I am like this time next week haha.

Bertie - do you know what type of car to get. That's funny waking yourself up snoring.

S4 - enjoy preparing for little one's birthday. Have you got any plans?

NLH - baby out vibes.

Counter - I vote for either B or C, more likely B with me.

I had my mw appointment this morning and they couldn't do the sweep because my cervix is posterior :( so I've been booked in for a 41 week appointment next Monday. They'll then book an induction for next week sometime. I came home and cried which is such an overreaction. Baby is fine and obviously happy in there but if it doesn't arrive this week they will go straight to induction which I really didn't want. We also couldn't park at the hospital and ended up abandoning the car in a mud bath meaning I am now covered in mud too.

I agree today is moany Monday and rightly so. Hugs all round x

• Options

Oh see I was going to vote A because I always think the easiest thing to remember is the truth....but B would be my second vote!

Bertie - your pampering sounds lovely! I think you'll defo need a 5 door although hard to give up a fab car! Hope the moving sorts itself out soon!

S4 - glad the anti biotics are working and you are feeling better.

NLH - vibes for you that things get started!

LD - Crying is absolutely not an over reaction. You would have had expectations from today and what that might mean for bubs arriving and it must have been so disappointing for you. Being covered in mud doesn't help!!

• Options

S4- Aw cute, wish I could work in my onesie. Glad the antibiotics are working.

NLH- Hope things kick off for you soon, must be frustrating when you think they are and then it stops!

Counter- I say B, you deserve some rest

LD- What does posterior cervix mean? Sorry I am clueless! Sorry you are upset, I am sending baby out vibes to you! I am looking at getting a new polo, not exactly big but has a much bigger boot than my mini and 5 doors. I was looking at a corsa before that. Just got to sell mine first, hopefully thay wont take too lomg.

• Options

Alright you naughty lot, I'm faking illness tomorrorow Laugh

Oh LD, that sounds rotten. Being muddy *and* disappointed just ain't on. In a way, you know where you stand, but I don't blame you for being upset. Hugs!

• Options

OB - are you back from scan?

• Options

Can I moan again? And this is a completely irrational and out of order one. Just got in a wedding invitation for June for a wedding in Ireland. It's my old flatmate, there'll be loads of old friends going, a really great chance to catch up with people. Except invite is just for me and H. No kids. So obv we can't go. Not that I'd change having M and this little one but so disappointed we can't go.

• Options

Oh WE that is so disappointing! We had a no children (except BF babies) wedding in Skye and one friend came came to the day on her own and then her H and 2 children came along in the evening for a couple of hours which was no problem. Is something like this a possibility if you can speak to your friend? Obviously if you have other friends going you won't be on your own. We have 3 weddings plus hen and stag do's this year and I have no idea how we are going to manage!

• Options

Not really SP, it's right down the south of Ireland, so would need to fly to Dublin then a three hour drive. Would involve getting a passport for baby plus I've worked out that we have stepson that weekend so would need a passport for him, and couldn't even extend the stay to make a holiday of it. To fly five of us over, plus buy two passports, present, hotel, outfit etc, would be extortionate. And hopefully I'll be bfing too. Mentioned it to my mum and it was pretty clear she wouldn't keep M for a weekend for me

• Options

Ah I see. That's a lot of things to over come :( You defo deserve to feel fed up about it!

• Options

Thanks ladies :)

Bertie - I didn't know either! They said when it's your first baby the cervix is harder to reach because it's quite far back and only moves forward as labour progresses. I think because nothing is happening they couldn't reach it to do the sweep. You shouldn't have any probs getting rid of your mini but thy are such lovely cars.

Counter - good choice :)

Weekender - that's such a shame you can't go, I know it's not the same but couldn't you go on your own? I'd be really disappointed.

• Options

Can't really go on my own, as would need to leave a 3 month old at home and if I'm bfing that would be a struggle practically. And would be hard emotionally to leave a baby even if bottle feeding. Oh well!

Sorry your sweep didn't work LD

• Options

Just catching up, sounds like we're all having bad/moany Mondays! I knew it would be a bad day and it was confirmed when they closed my train line just as I got to the station this morning. Had to spend more money and go to a different station so now our car is miles away and we have to rush back to get it tonight before NCT.  Then I had to do a convoluted tube journey, without a seat and was inevitably late for work. Bad start to the week!

Bertie - I have a fiat 500 at the moment so similar to you in that it's not very practical! I'm going to swap cars with H for a bit and see how we go.

OB - hope all has gone well with the scan.

Counter - definitely option B, you deserve it!

LD - sorry they couldn't do the sweep. Must be tricky if you're in the mindset and then it doesn't happen.

Weekender - that's a real shame about the wedding. We've been lucky, last year was full of weddings (including our own!) but this is a quiet year and we only have one potential family one at the end of the year so I think the baby will be invited and if not my parents can have her.

I know I've missed lots of people, busy thread and I'm on my phone! But here's hoping tomorrow will be a better day for everyone!

• Options

Its definitely moany monday isnt it?! Thsts what we are all here for ladies.  

Ob are you bavk from your scan?? LD im sorry the sweep didnt work. Have you tried spicy food and sex? I swear thats what set off my labour with p. Weekender im sorry you cantgo tto the wedding :-( flossy your journey sounds rubbish, I do not miss commuting!!

Im very grumpy too. Im tired and my bump is still heavy and achey. I am finding myself really wishing I was finishing work at half term, which is this friday.

• Options

I’m back. I’m being induced in the morning :(

• Options

OB - why, what did they say? What a shock and a weird few days for you lately. Hugs to you. Looking forward to your lovely BA!!!