Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**friday 3rd tri**

Replies

• Options

Counter- You seem to be doing really well with the house. What are you watching at the cinema? Sorry your feeling achey etc but hopefully the decent sleeps are helping a tad!

Our chain for the house is ever growing now, i just want to bang my head against the wall. Our mortgage promise or whatever its called expires in May and I dont think we can get another one the same as I will be on maternity and not returning to full time work. Not really sure what we are going to do yet but I just want to move and do the nursery etc.

• Options

Oh Bertie, you poor thing. I don't really 'do' patient. I would want to be moving asap or at least guaranteed dates etc, you must be so frustrated. I know what you mean about the pressure of the mortgage promise, I had it last year (it was one of many significant issues that nearly sent me insane) where I got the mortgage, then changed jobs and took a pay cut and they would never have granted me that mortgage in future.

One lender we dealt with offered our broker a 4 wk extension because the delays were beyond our control, may be worth asking? Chains are so flippin' precarious, and people seem to lose all reason where house moving is concerned. And what annoys me is how it's often the people with seemingly the least power who get to call the shots. Hope you get some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

• Options

Morning all,

AR- Congratulations on 33 weeks and boo to the nigthmares

WE- Enjoy your afternoon with your H

SP- The baby having hiccups is the weirdest sensation isn't it? Noods was at it last night as I was trying to get to sleep it was making my belly bounce off the bed

ABC- Hope you're feeling better today

MV- It is weird when your off and weekends mean nothing isn't it. Sending you baby vibes x

Flossy- I'm a bit nervous about BFing too. I've never known anyone personally that's lasted more than a few days, but I'm determined to try

Counter- Enjoy the trip to the cinema

LD -Hoping to see the BA soon

AFM- I'm 37 weeks today!!! It's a weight off my shoulders to be term.I've got constant period type pain but other than that ok. I was planning on a quiet night but my nephew phoned last night asking if he can come and stay for the night tonight, so he'll be here after school and probably for the whole weekend, I think he's getting excited about noods arrival. I nipped to the parents yesterday, they've been digging things out of the loft for the baby's arrival, the whole house is like a baby exhibition, there's a pram in the hall, swinging crib in the bedroom, playmats, baths and oddly dresses which used to be mine. Some are dated but one or two are actually quite cute.

• Options

Bertie, Sorry I missed you. Have they given you any idea how long it's going to take? If the chain is now complete and you were one of the last ones joining the chain, then you might find it's quick because people at the start of the chain have already been waiting ages. Sometimes others putting pressure besides just you is a bonus. When we bought this house there was only us in the chain, as I decided to keep and rent out my previous house, and bought an empty property of the church. It took 5 months, because the church committee had to meet and agree everything, it was a nightmare!

• Options

Morning ladies!

AR, I'm sorry you're not feeling great, try and rest. I think your body only makes a baby you can get out too, scans are so unreliable at predicting weight I'd try not to worry.

Weekender, hope you have a lovely afternoon. My H is off today, he just gets in that way lol

Sweetpea, sounds like a lovely chilled day.

Abc, I'm sorry you're having a bad week, sometimes it just all gets too much. Nearly the weekend though :)

Nlh, happy due date! Having a clear out is certainly a positive sign ime. Good luck!

MrsV, I think your H might be in for a shock, work is a walk in the park compared to having a newborn lol we're impatient too, it's hard.

Flossy, sorry you're feeling fed up, hope the mw and hearing bubs heartbeat cheers you up. I'm becoming a recluse, I cba with people at the moment! Breastfeeding can be tricky but not always. Anything you can give the baby is a great start.

Counter, glad you're feeling brighter today, 27 days isn't long at all.

Bertie, pmt is normal, I get so grumpy and just can't help it, hormones everywhere!

BLL, happy term date! It feels like such a milestone :) so cute your parents are nesting.

Phew they took a while!!

I'm still here. Had Braxton hicks but nothing more exciting than that. I'm fed up of waiting tbh, I know I can't do anything about it but I just want her here, I feel like I'm being a rubbish wife and mummy at the moment and I hate it. My son is at my mums again so at least he's having fun.

• Options

Bertie, the waiting is the worst. I feel quite lucky knowing when she's coming (barring early labour), but time seems to be on go slow. Every morning the OH first words are 2 weeks 5 days' or whatever we have left lol

• Options

Counter yay for the boiler and some decent sleep! Everything feels better with some sleep! Your baby is more engaged than mine!

Bertie - agreed on the mini eggs. They cure everything! Hope the PMT feeling passes!

BLL - congrats on full term! Such a good feeling! That's lovely your parents still have some of your clothes!

Isis - you are expecting a baby and are over due and that by default makes you a fabulous wife and mother! don't beat yourself up! Hope the BH aren't too uncomfortable. I've been getting them since 30 weeks!

• Options

Counter- We have emailed yesterday asking if it can be extended. It's such a pain isn't it!

BLL- We sold our house to a cash buyer back in October. Put an offer in on a house 2nd October which was accepted, the owners of that house took months to find a house but now have had their offer accepted but theres now atleast another 2 people added to the chain.  Sorry thats a bit rambly! So we have been waiting quite a while and it just seems like no end is in sight and with the mortgage promise expiring in 2 months I feel under pressure to get sorted.

Isis- Sorry you are feeling fed up, you're not a bad wife and mum, you are pregnant and uncomfy and allowed to get fed up!

• Options
    Whilst I'd love to subscribe to the body only making babies you can get out theory I'm afraid I know of too many examples where that's not the case. H was nearly 11lb, my mil is 5'1 and they had to break his collarbone to deliver him. Not saying that'll happen and I know scans aren't reliable but I don't think size is something to be dismissed. We'll see how it goes.
  • Options

Anyone heard anything from LD? I keep coming on looking for a BA. Hope she's doing ok x

• Options
    I'm the same weekender. I hope she's too busy with newborn cuddles. Does she have a pp? I hope you lot all have them so we get updates ASAP!!
  • Options

How do you find a PP? x

• Options

I don't have a pp, I use the forum on my mobile though so should be able to post quite soon after :)

Thanks for the kind words, me and hubby have been out for lunch so I'm feeling a bit better. Had lots of 'when are you due?' Comments though!!

• Options
    Bbl you can just ask for one on the main board. Usually lots of people willing to do it and you generally exchange numbers and keep in contact. Isis I'm glad you're feeling better. Remember whatever happens you don't have long to go. I'm having some uber strong Braxton hicks this afternoon. They are soooo uncomfy!!!!
  • Options

BLL - If you don't grab a PP from the board I'd be happy to do it. I am surgically attached to my mobile phone so am never far away from the interwebz!

On a different note, yesterday was hubby's birthday and Harry got him a v v cute card, black and white pic of a jack russell in a deckchair (we have a jack) and it said Happy Birthday Dad on the front, and some nice clothes. I am so lucky they get on and I have *never* suggested Harry refer to him as dad, but in cards he likes to. Home life hasn't always been so harmonious so I really appreciate it Love

• Options

Counter that's so sweet of Harry. Also I'd love you to be my PP. This is going to sound dumb but how do I give you my number, and get yours lol

• Options

Sorry ladies for being rubbish. Been a strange 24 hours. We came in at 7:30 last night to find out that the labour ward was full meaning that they couldn't induce anyone else. There were 4 people due in yesterday, another 3 today and 5 tomorrow expecting to be induced and at the moment inductions are on hold because of the backlog. However I got lucky this morning and my midwife induced me before they were told no more, so I'm the only one out of 12 women to get their induction!! I had the pessery at 9:30 this morning and am having mild contractions. They have me strapped to a monitor because the baby is very active and all manner of consultants are coming in to check the trace but they are happy the baby isn't distressed and for me to plod on. They still can't burst the waters do its all a bit of a waiting game. I'll be back to update you all later. Thank you for asking after me x

• Options
    Wow that's a busy ward! Hope it continues to go well. Can you walk or bounce on a ball to get baby down?
  • Options

No I'm strapped to the bed for the foreseeable future :) hopefully I can go for a wonder later.

• Options

Babylonglegs

Counter that's so sweet of Harry. Also I'd love you to be my PP. This is going to sound dumb but how do I give you my number, and get yours lol

here I am, just let me know when you've got it and I'll remove it :)