Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

breastfeeding help!

13»

Replies

• Options

Can you get her checked for tongue tie if she's not latching properly. Call the bf support numbers and someone should be able to come out (numbers on back of green notes or search google for breast feeding network/nct/little angels or la leche league

Try hand expressing a little before you latch her to make latching easier

She won't have big strong sucks at a feed because she's still so tiny and it needs to build up, your milk will be getting in. When is mw coming again just to check TT and weight?

• Options

I really dont think its TT as after the midwife had been yesterday she had about 4 feeds where she went on perfectly really quickly. I think it is probably a combination of me beingtired, pputting lots of pressure on myself and that resulting in S getting more worked up having to wait for a feed and then making it really difficult for me to attach her properly.

• Options

If you suspect the latch is wrong - are you taking her off and re-trying the latch or just letting her continue? To get her to unlatch - slip your little finger in the side of her mouth. Then go back to basics to relatch - nose to nipple, big open mouth and latch.  She will probably get annoyed if you do this too many times but dont forget you are both learning. IT DOES GET BETTER. Promise :-)