Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What are you looking forward to doing after giving birth?

Replies

• Options
    Why is no one eating Mc flurry?
    I don't like them that much but just wondered?!
  • Options
    Sleeping on my tummy, wine, being onstage with my band again, finishing my tattoo,being comfy in my nice clothes again. =)
  • Options
    eating runny eggs, pate, having a drink.

wearing normal clothes and being able to walk!! (SPD)

also, having SEX! my OH wont whilst i'm pregnant.

beccie

37+6
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to sleeping on my tummy! And I think the day i get home from the hospital i'm gonna have rare steak and a big glass of wine for my dinner!!
  • Options
    Yeah. How come no-one's having mcflurry's and mr whippy's and strawberry milkshakes? Am I being a bad person?

Looking forward mostly to runny eggs, brie, lying on my back without worrying, no heartburn, no sciatica, not having to scour menus/ask what's in things and sunny strolls up the lane with baby!

Clare x
  • Options
    Ive been drinking strawberry milkshakes =S
    both from Burger King and Nesquik. Hmm.
  • Options
    Not missed that much really so I'm most looking forward to having our baby boy here and taking him on a holiday and getting back into a nice bikini and summer clothes!

I'm looking forward to throwing away the gaviscon as well!
    xxx

32+4
  • Options
    Im looking foward to sleeping on my stomach not having to pee so many times a day. Not having to be helped up or into the bath. Not waddeling when I walk.

Runny eggs and a nice cold alcoholic drink
  • Options
    yeah I def won't miss the gaviscon!! or the piles, thrush, SPD, sciatica etc, lol.

Looking forward to being able to drink more than a couple of cups of coffee if I want to, eating brie and drinking couple of glasses of cold chardonnay/couple glasses nice fruity red and eating crisps (can't now as give me heartburn). Also looking forward to not worrying about whether my body is keeping baby safe (I know the worry won't go once baby is the world but at least I'll be able to see her and know what I'm dealing with if there is worry!!) and like everyone else - SLEEPING ON MY TUMMY!! x

(Melanie, Claire and Tracey - From what I've seen on here Mr Whippy's are meant to be out cos of germs that can linger in the machines they use. Think McDonalds are ok cos they don't turn the machines on and off constantly, and have stringent cleaning procedures. It's prob just one of those things that is a very rare issue and advice is just precautionary.) x
  • Options
    Peanut butter on hot buttered toast.....yum!
  • Options
    I can't wait for a nice cold pint of lager!! been craving it for weeks!!! also to sleep of my front!! and i can't wait to be able to walk into town pushing my pram and showing off my baby!!! and i can't wait to be able to walk without the constant urge to wee!! this list could go on forever!!lol
    carly 34 weeks
  • Options
    Nice large glass of red wine, a runny egg and brie not together though, sleeping on my tummy xxx
  • Options
    walking around without the pain, more independance from my oh and less independance from baby, getting the tube, flying out of the country, eating brie, getting tipsy, dancing, a hopeful return to my old mensa iq... baby brain has killed that off and I miss it.
  • Options
    About the mcflurrys and milkshakes, i dont know if its correct but i heard its something to do with the temperatures of the machines or something so ive just kept off them, they prob ok, ive bought tubs of ice cream from supermarkets though cause they suppose to be ok, like i say i dont know how true it is but thats what i heard. xxx

xxD&Bumpxx (38+2)
  • Options
    No one should feel bad if they have eaten mc flurry, mr whippie, milkshake, peanuts, peanut butter, prawns, runny eggs etc the chances of anything happening to your unborn as a result of eating any of these are so minimum its untrue, i totally understand if ladies feel they want to avoid them and i dont eat them in excess but if i fancy something i will have it.....older generations laugh when i tell them the "new" rules that keep coming out about what we can and cant eat.. i craved mr whippie, milkshakes and runny eggs with my first little girl and when i spoke to my MW about it she herself told me not to worry too much and end up getting lost in what you can and cannot eat. in this pregnancy i have eaten at least 5 prawn sandwiches and even a small bag of peanuts ( they say dont eat peanuts if anyone in your family have an allergy to them) mine dont) and everything with my pregnancy is fine. Im sure the reason they say dont eat too much Mr Whippie is because they contain eggs.

As for sleeping on my tummy, i have to say its the only way i can get to sleep so im still doing it and im nearly 27 weeks!! i do feel bad about this though so spoke to MW and said as long as its not causing any pain then its fine, its not really ideal but its fine. im sure i will struggle in a few week though when i start to get bigger.

I cant wait to go to Alton Towers!!! and be able to go on all the rides again.. im thinking a trip at haloween is in order.

XxXxX
  • Options
    hmmmm lets see, sleeping on my front, being able to walk a bit better, liver and bacon pate, tons of alcohol!!! being able to dry myself and shave from the waist down without torturing myself, having my kids jump on me without it half killing me, dancing, singing, getting the weight off, being able to drink tea or coffee(gone right off both atm) and most importantly wild free passionate sex with my OH :lol:image

Claire
    34+3
  • Options
    CRUNCHY NUT CORNFLAKES!!!!! :\(
  • Options
    I dont sleep on my front so thankfully I dont have that problem.

I am really looking forward to just getting my own body back, not having to worry about what I am eating, and loseing the baby weight.

Dont get me wrong though I love being pregnant.

AnneMarie xxx
    19+5
  • Options
    sleeping on my front....and losing weight so i feel good next to my friend who is tiny and always has her boobs out (GOD DAMN HER! I THINK SHE DOES IT MORE NOW I AM PREGNANT!) Champagne...lots of it and pate.....
  • Options
    That's an easy one can't wait to have red wine, sex and sleep on my tummy in that order hee hee x
    Debs 33+2 x