Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So expensive?!?!

13»

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hayley not all of the lightwight ones do as some are classed as stroller rather than pushchairs. When buying check the positions and it will be suitable for newborns as long as it is fully reclinable, All pushchairs should state what age they are suitable from.

I hope this helps xxx
  • Options
    Zoey - Baby Bjorn is a baby carrier you where on your chest like a kangaroo lol. Mabel went in hers from 3 months and they can be really nosey in them and see what is going on at your chest level. Men seem to favour these as I see lots out with their babies in them which I think is lovely.
  • Options
    Zoey85 - if you read my previous post properly you will see that i already have a son, so i don't think that i will have a hard bump to earth when lo is born, i am well aware of the consequences of having a child - buying an expensive pram does not make me oblivious to life!!!
    i have done the whole cheap pram thing, and for me it wasn't worth it as it constantly broke (mothercare pram) and i ended up buyin another anyway.
    each to their own - let things be.
  • Options
    anyone who read my last post about the atlan pushchair we have not standing up on its own... ignore that - i'm just an idiot and was trying to stand it up the wrong way! the only thing that might put some people off about it is that it doesn't turn to face you, but there is a little window thingy on the hood that you can see through. to us it wasn't worth the extra money for the fancy prams just to have lo facing us - sounds heartless but its not really - he is asleep within 1min of being put into his pram and only wakes up when he needs feeding or changing - and when he's older and it converts into a pushchair and he'll be more awake then and would be facing that way anyway.

Best bet is to go to a few shops and play with the prams..thats what we did and that is actually what put me off the expensive travel systems..they were so heavy and difficult to manouvre that we didn't like them.
  • Options
    Kia, I know what u mean about paying more to have a parent facing pushchair. It's ridiculous really that you pay over ??250 just to have a pushchair that can face both ways. I didn't like some of the more expensive ones anyway except the cosatto prams which oh didn't like and were out of price range anyway. I thought the quinny buzz in particular seems overrated for how tiny it is, there didnt seem much protection for baby from the elements!

We have bought the graco mirage for ??119 and are very happy with it, it's sooo light and will last until he's 3 or 4.

I don't have anything against people who spend a lot though...if u want to...why not? I think this debate has got out of hand!
    Philippa 24+6 x

• Options
    I plan on using the money a save on a pram to put towards a decent education for my child image every penny is going towards an good upbringing rather than a shiny pram that turns inside out and upside down and that you can take offroading if you like lol

xx