Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

We are a proper toddler group now 😱

Happy Birthday x

• Options

Vijay has 16 teeth!?!?! WOW!!!  

Milo took 3 steps today 😍 we know he can walk he's just really nervous about it we think? 

Eating and milking like a trooper for the last week so growth spurting all the way for us here! Xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you’re surviving the heat and all is well. 

We were wondering, can you help with this thread? A mum of a 6 month old has a few events coming up, and she’ll be leaving her baby with family, and hopefully overnight too. Any tips for how to prepare her baby to be babysat? 

• Options

Hi all.. how’s the summer holidays going with your ‘toddlers’ 

I was just wondering are they saying anything Phoenix doesn’t say mum, he will say Da or Doch (dog) Duh (dummy) or (duck) lol he’s not really a talker?? 

• Options

Hey pickle!

All is well here, apart from the interrupted sleep, and the temper tantrums when he doesn’t get his own way!! 

He’s cruising around and getting stronger on his feet but no attempt to walk on his own yet.

Not very vocal here either. He says Mumma, Dadda, Nanna and goooo but that’s about all!

Really settled in at nursery now and loves his little friends. He’s still the only boy in the group so gets very spoilt. I hate being back at work full time though; I work shifts over a 24/7 rota so feel like I miss out on so much. Looking for a new job but nothing has peaked my interest yet. Hopefully something comes up soon! 

• Options

Oooooh the Tantrums!!!! Yes I know these well! Screams the place down sometimes! *sigh* x

• Options

Child care is another thing Phoenix is only ever with us (his immediate family) as jason and I work child care between us around our shifts ... he is very clingy to me I think because of this 😪 in sept he is going to a child minder one day a week only 9-3 so I can focus on a new side to my career... poor childminder 😆 I think he will be a mess and so will I 🤦‍♀️

• Options

Toby is only finally just coming out of his shell at nursery and he has been going 2 months, he only goes 2 days a week which is part of the problem I think. And then he is also very clingy with the certain people he likes there...I went to pick him up today and he was screaming the place down because his favourite lady had left to go to the toilet 🙈. They are all different though Phoenix may love it! Fingers crossed he does, once he gets to kbow the childminder he will be fine, its harder at nursery probably because so many people coming and going but 1-1 they will get a bond x

• Options

Owen has been going to nursery since Feb and still cries when I drop him off but he’s fine after I’ve left. He also goes twice a week. 

We don’t have much speech, mumma and dadda although it’s more Mum these days. He also says hiya when playing with a phone and ta when he can be bothered. He’s recently started saying dare when he’s trying to give you something. Not sure if it’s there or ta he’s trying to stay. 

Walking is now mental. Last week or so he’s been zooming around and hates to be sat down. He has bruised his knees from trying to stand from a kneeling position and then falling back down so has to pull himself up on something (or someone). 

Took my dad to the docs yesterday and he thought it was a great game walking up to the automatic doors then walking away and then open and closed.......laughed his head off????

• Options

Hi all. We dont have many words yet either. Just muma, dada, baby, dog and tata when hes waving goodbye. 

Vijay can walk but choses to be lazy and crawl most of the time lol. He also started climbing about the same time he started walking. 

I think hes going to be quite tall, hes 80cm and weighs 12kgs 😮

We dont do childcare or anything yet. I work 4 days in the afternoon/evenings and my husband works mornings 6 days a week.

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you and your families are doing well. 
    Do you have a child who is prone to catching head lice? 
    If so, we're looking for peeps to test some treatments for us. 
    Please head over to this thread to find out how to sign up. 

• Options

How’s everyone managing? I miss sleep sooo much! :( 

Anyone trying for another baby yet? Thought I may as well ask the question.. seems like everyone and anyone feels it appropriate to ask us lately!

• Options

What’s sleep? Lol

No. I do want another but hubby isn’t sure. Got enough going on right now. 

I know what you mean. Everyone seems to be asking us as well, I’ve never talked so much about my insides as I have the last 2 years. 

My worry is that we have problems again and then will have left it to late but who knows. Hubby needs to be 100% on board with it so we will wait and see. 

Are you planning more?

• Options

We started co-sleeping or we wouldnt get any sleep. Vijay used to sleep through but stopped around 10 months old 😐

I think we will try for our second just before Vijay turns two but im still not sure coz im quite happy with just him for now

• Options

Quick Announcement! Want to be a tester in the MadeForMums Awards 2019? You could be testing anything from a buggy to baby carrier or hundreds of other products we’ll be putting through their paces. To find out more and how to  sign up, please visit this thread. 

• Options

Oooh thanks Danielle

• Options

Thanks Danielle 

i loved being a tester last year it was like Christmas ..

how is everyone doing? Super busy toddlers?? 

Trudy & Phoenix 

• Options

Ah thanks danielle, i have signed up fingers crossed. Tobybis FINALLY walking and im glad he took so long as it is hell. Cant take him anywhere or do anything anymore just tantrums and throwing things...the terrible twos have arrived early in this house. Hope everyone else is having more fun than us haha! 

One smile and its forgiven though right!! 

Xx

• Options

Owen has mastered the puppy dog eyes. He knows it and uses it to his advantage. He’s a smiling assassin!! 😂

• Options

Yep I’ve got a thrower and a headbanger!! 

Hes only sayMing about four words .. dog, duck, book and bitch lol

no mum or mam 😔 

hes lush though and like you said one smile or hug and all forgiven lol