Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Options
    Sounds hard going Lou. Hopefully you get your results pretty soon and can get your scan etc. You sound pretty stressed 😔 I think the covid tests generally take about 24 hours although obviously could take longer. We have had hardly any cases where I stay at all. 

Chris has broken his leg so I'm flying solo doing everything in my house as well. 🙄 I'm exhausted! Dreading working the next couple of days and having to drop both kids off in the morning, pick them up separately at night, do all the washing, cooking, cleaning, bath time etc. Chris is also self employed and obviously can't go up on roofs at the minute so no income either. Wonderful! 
  • Options
    Oh no col, sounds like a rough time for you. 

I think tests around here were getting results back within 24 hours but there has been a huge demand with schools going back, that's why they are taking longer xx
  • Options
    Oh no Lou, where abouts are you? Here in the North West our tests are taking 72 hours at the moment. Seems to be an influx of parents taking children with snotty noses so we now have a shortage. We got messages from school to say do not take your child unless they are admitted to Alder Hey hospital, which is the local paeds hosp in Liverpool.

Flipping heck Col 🙈 How's he managed that? Not great when he's self employed is it. I know what you mean about doing it all, Andy works away more than he is home at the mo and it's taking its toll on me too. 
  • Options
    Chelle, I am in Darlington so the North East and we have been told that the wait time could how be up to 72 hours becuas of influx of school kids. It was difficult getting the appointment, took a day of perseverance on computer to get appointment xx
  • Options
    Did you get your results back Lou? Xx
  • Options
    Aww Lou hope they can rearrange quickly for you xx
  • Options
    Hello everyone, I didn't get the notification for this, sorry. I got a negative result just in time for my growth scan last week and my hubby got to come to scan for first time :) 
    I had a private scan today too. 

And Emily is loving her new jungle room.

How is everyone doing? Looks like Covid rules might get strict again xx 
  • Options
    Omg the new wee boy looks like Emily! ❤️ 

In Scotland, we can't go into other households again. I'm raging!! 
  • Options
    Aw that's great news Lou! Glad everything went well.

Omg baby looks just like Emily!! 
  • Options
    Aww amazing, yes I think too he looks like Emily 💙❤️ her room looks fab. We were going to do Cooper a jungle room, he's still in with us, need him out ASAP tbh. 

In the North West we're not allowed to do anything except go shopping, eork schhol, pub and eat out 🙈

• Options
    Funny how I can't go to my mum's house but I can meet her in the pub! 😂 Bloody ridiculous. 

Brodie has a pale pink and white room with a dumbo wall... I love it!

I hope you have a massive house Chelle! 😂 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. He really does look like Emily 💕
    She is speaking so much now and loving nursery. 
    We are in Darlington and alot of areas in North East have shut down but not us. The rules are bonkers, we have no family here really so not affected but think it's mad seeing the way restrictions are set.

@ChelleH83, you must have such a busy lovely house. I really love being a mum, could imagine life any other way 💕😍
  • Options
    Haa it's bigger than our old one but not massive. The 2 girls share a room and the boys have a room each. They're decent size but not big enough for 2 in really once you have bed and wardrobe. I can swap one of the girls beds for bunks when baby is old enough to go in there, so not too bad. Andy is on about converting the loft and extending at the back 🙈 don't think I'm ready for that much upheaval. 
    Yes it's never quiet, even in the night one is chatting away in their sleep. It's lovely though, no one's ever alone. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies

Just wondering, how do your kids get on at baby groups? I envy these people with the placid toddlers who do what they're told 🙄

I took Brodie to a class yesterday, the content was really good, mostly musical based. Anyhow, she just walked around taking other kids props away from them and chucking stuff! Chucking stuff is her fave thing to do. 🙄 The girl that takes the class said lots of kids like that when they first come. She listened to the story really well at the end but the throwing things does my bloody head in! 😂 

Please tell me I'm not the only one. 
  • Options
    Yep Cooper is like that, although we have nothing running again yet 😣
  • Options
    This is the first one that's up and running again. The stuff we used to go to still isn't on yet. Taking forever! At least cooper goes to nursery and gets plenty mixing with kids his age etc. 😊
  • Options
    Yeah he has that. I dunno how to discipline him with it, he laughs when you tell him not to do it.
    Aye it's dragging isn't it, can't see them opening here any time soon. Apparently we're due to go into stricter conditions in the North West 😭😭
  • Options
    I don't see any groups opening near us any time soon! I feel a full lockdown is coming back. Especially as the cases are creeping back into hospitals.

Logan laughs when I tell him no. I find it very frustrating as he's so bloody cute that I end up laughing too! It's so hard. I'm thankful he's now sorted into nursery and is mixing with other kids as he would definitely be the toy grabber.

My friends girl is 3 days older than Logan, she keeps posting lovely little videos of going nice strolls, sitting colouring in in Costco, even riding in a pedalo. And I'm like, I can't even get Logan to hold my hand out a walk, we took him on a kiddie train at the farm park and after 3 mins was screaming to get off! 
  • Options
    Brodie hates holding hands! She has reins coz she's a bombscare. 😂 We don't do calm activities either, she's just into everything. These people with the placid children don't know how lucky they are 😂 I think individual personalities come into it a lot! 

I have a bad feeling that they'll have a two week lockdown for the school hols. I'd actually cry, we are going to a caravan for a weekend and we have been absolutely nowhere all year. Would be just my luck!! 

My brother and his wife had covid last week. 
  • Options
    Haha! @colpage127 I think all toddlers can be like that! 
    I always worry what Evie might be like as throwing things is her new thing, but she’s usually pretty good! 
    So glad some little groups are opening now. We did boogie tots last week (which was SO sweaty in a mask) but Evie loves it and started back swimming which just breaks the week up! 
    Evie is napping anymore so SOMEONE SAVEEEE MEEEEE! 😅