Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON 4

Replies

• Options
    Well I have digested my peak news - and have stopped smiling so much ... although I just went to the toilet and there was the biggest globule of ewcm that I have ever seen (far tmi) ... so that made me smile all over again lol ... I am an idiot! Kicking myself as was going to go and see oh on Monday and last night but didnt as I didnt want to bd too far away from my peak (thought I would peak on Sunday going by FF) .. so could have already had some tadpoles waiting - but never mind, will get some good sessions in over the next 3 days, and then again on Sunday (just in case!)

Oh J - I do sympathise re the bd issues. Men are delicate little things really aren't they! I'm sure if you approach it softly softly he'll be ok talking about it! Get yourself a rabbit hun, he'll soon notice you aren't frustrated any longer ... tee hee!!

BOB - glad you are feeling sick - in the nicest possible way of course!! Hope you are still taking it easy? As for the festival thing - how do YOU feel about cycling there? I can only give my honest opinion as you are asking for it - I personally would want to get a lift there, and not cycle (apart from the fact I have never been able to ride a bike - I just don't think I would want to take the risk) I know you can't put your life on hold hun, but you can be slightly more cautious for a while until you reach those magic milestones.

BC - don't give up hope hun!! tmi - but was it old blood or fresh blood?? Could just have been a shake up of your system if it was a little vigorous as bob says? It could certainly be IB - I have read lots about it recently! You aren't out until full flow as we all know - so try and keep a little PMA going ... fc for you xxx

Awww MrsR - sorry you are still feeling rough ... at least you are getting some rest! As for that morning sickness ...euwww LOL!! My sister was much the same, I can imagine how draining it must have been for you!

Well OH and I are going to see Wall Street tonight, do you think it would be terribly un-pc of me to jump him in the back row? LOL!!

The sunshine has arrived ...hoorah ... great day for conception me thinks image Can you tell my PMA has returned with a vengance?? Thanks for the support ladies xxx

• Options
    Whooop Whoop whoop!!!!!! Smashing timing Shirls - get to it girl! This is it, I feel it, this is the time!!!!! Ooooohhhhh and lots of ewcm!!!! Yeah!!!

How bloody exciting! I told you your PMA would be back tomorrow! image

Oh Jay you do make me laugh ( O ) ( O ) in the dinner!!!! Sorry hubby won't put out, you'll have to get the GG's on and see if that helps or maybe you could go and find some nice young builders to look at or something and like Shirls says get the rabbit :lol:

Sorry you're feeling crappy Mrs R some good daytime TV will help I'm sure! I'm sat here with my furry baby too - he gets jealous of the laptop and tries to put his head on the keyboard as I'm sat here! I will most likely watch my episode of Medium today while dh is at work as he doesn't like it but I love it! So MrsR I tend to feel more nauseas in the afternoon's and evening's for some reason - did you find it was a particular time of day or just anytime you felt like throwing up you just did??? Ha ha! :lol: I know, not funny, but you could write a comedy sketch based on your episodes of vomiting!

And yeeeesssss! I have made my first milestone - Wednesday and no spotting!!! With the nausea it is reassuring but I am still not calling the doctor yet. I will wait until this time next week and then call.

I did do another hpt yesterday at 13dpo and the line was almost as dark at the test line - I haven't seen a line that dark before with my previous bfp's only on an opk so I am hoping that's a really good sign. dh and I chatted last nitgh and we're finding it really hard to get excited due to the previous problems. December 5th though get's me past my first trimester.

Ikwym Shirls about the bike thing - hhhhhmmm I have been thinking about it and maybe I will only cycle one way, on the way out, as the others will be drinking and they won't be able to get the car and pick me up, then I can get the car and pick them up instead - ho hum I don't know I will figure it out. Maybe we'll just figure out a place closer to park.....dh doesn't really want me cycling either and has told me to sleep, nap, don't lift anything and concentrate on making a human - bless :\)
  • Options
    HAHA definately thinking about getting the rabbit!! tehe
    Well had my midwife appointment this morning and listened to the heartbeat, which was very strong and she found it straight away. image
    Was only in there about 10 mins. Had to POAS, which i think is to test for protein in the urine and that was all fine. See BOB you still get to POAS even now youre pg!! hehe

I dont think you should do the cycling BOB tbh and i think your dh is completely right! x

How was wall street Shirls? Any good? DH is working this weekend so we prob wont go see it this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

Well got loads of work to do today so will chat to you later girls xx
  • Options
    YAY!! Well done litle bean ... a good strong heartbeat is always a good thing!! You must be so relieved that all is ok J - so pleased it was all positive!

Wall Street was disappointing tbh - it was a bit of a chick flick ... with Michael Douglas looking old and still trying to act tough ... it wasn't great.

Still managed to bd last night and this morning even though I was up until 2am talking to my sister. My brother in law has just been diagnosed with deep depression, and has suicidal thoughts - it's all very sad - he's just gotten over cancer, and I think he's still traumatised the poor love.

So I'm a bit knackered today, but oh was lovely and just sat talking to me until I was all talked out - we went to bed and he curled up behind me to sleep - and I'm like "Oi - we need to have sex now, I've decided this month we are going to make you a son" .... he soon woke up LOL - and even woke me up at 6am with the normal poking in the back sensation - I seriously had to muster some energy - but I closed my eyes and thought of my little eggy waiting there!! I will be getting another session in tonight, and again tomorrow ... fingers crossed we've done enough this month!

BOB ... hope you are still feeling sick today image

How are the rest of the GG's getting on today? Feeling any better Frecks? Any other af/ib signs BC & Laura?

xxx

• Options
    So you'll be pleased to hear we're not cycling but we will have to walk for about a mile to get into the concert which I figure will be fine as long as we take it slow - It's not like I'm unfit as I used to run 3-4 miles a day up until a few months ago! So that is better and we are all happy to do that.

I thought of a bonus too; as I won't be drinking alcohol I won't need to use the porta-loos much while I'm there - Brucey bonus - those things are foul!

So Yes Shirls I felt rather nauseas this morning at about 5.45 when dh got up for work, but I tried to not think about it too much and went back to sleep, now I'm up I feel fine. It tends to come more in the evening - I did read though that you shouldn't let yourself get hungry as that makes it worse so that sounds like a great excuse to eat!!!

Good job on the bding Shirls try not to run him dry before the critical moment :lol:

Shirls, on your brother in law - I would highly recommend some herbal remedies for the severe depression and supplements - I know this works from personal experience as I went through a terrible time a few years ago and was going through the same thing, I would say to my poor dh -why am I living?' I just couldn't see the point anymore it was awful - It was also completely and totally out of character for me and I knew it which is what made me look into it more - and it turned out it was all due to my hormones being out of whack combined with a lack of essential nutrients which I supplemented with a combination of vitamins along with prescription hormones. This could definitely be the case after cancer treatment as all your levels are a little messed up. One thing I would say is he should see a therapist also but TBH this only helped me a little and didn't resolve anything until my hormones and nutrients were properly balanced again and then over the course of just a few months I completely turned around. I hope this helps, it's worth looking into.

Really glad all went well with the MW Jay - it's so nice to hear that HB. I'm sure when I start my appointments I will have nightmares about it after losing mine at 11w before - I remember it like it was yesterday - but hopefully they'll be like yours and all will go well and the little beggar will be jumping around with a strong HB!

Funny now I have a good strong line, POAS doesn't seem as appealing anymore!!!! image
  • Options
    Hi girls
    Just a quickie as i havent been feeling great today. Been feeling dizzy since yesterday afternoon and keep going really hot. I checked on the midwivesonline.com website that the midwife gave me and it days that can be due to overheating, not eating/drinking enough. Also as baby is taking a lot of my blood flow away from my body, my vital organs arent getting enough so can make you feel light headed. Little bugger! xx

I will prob log on over the weekend and do a proper update xx

Have a good weekend girls xx
  • Options
    Hey girls....

Jay I feel your pain....I feel miserable. Just wanted to pop on to say that I was thinking of you all but I am so wrecked that I need to go to bed now! Have a lovely weekend girls image

Will talk to you at some point maybe tomorrow

xxx
  • Options
    How you feeling today Frecks? x
    Im feeling much better than yesterday but still a little tired.
    Hows everything with you BOB? When are you going to contact your doctor?

And how are the rest of the GGs? Hope youre alo having good weekends? x
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Glad your feeling better today Jay, you can rest up now and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Your bump really is getting better by the week! Hope those (O)(O) dont make you tip over!

Freckle hope your feeling better today, have yourself lots of little sleeps over the weekend!

BOB how is the newest pg GG doing? When is the festival? I'm glad you decided not to cycle and i love your outlook on the portaloos! I think i'm waiting on af this month due to how messed up everything was with the bleeding last month, i gave up on opks as i kept bleeding and it only stopped properly on cd20. We bd when the biggest blob of ewcm appeared and just had a very relaxed month. Am now cd39, my longest cycle before this one was 37 days but i dont know whether i'm now offically late or whether all the bleeding is going to mean a very long cycle. I'm so confused! :\? :\? :\?

Shirls how did all the bding go? Have you and oh survived?! No af signs yet, i had a sinking feeling last night when i look af type cramps but it turned out to be my ibs playing up so that actually made me happy! How sad am i to be happy to be running to the loo!

BC how are you? Was the bleeding af? I hope it was implantation... I shall keep hoping until to tell us otherwise!

Hope alls well girls xxx
  • Options
    Hi Girls, Jay I'm glad you're feeling better today, did you get some rest too?

I agree with Laura Frecks rest, rest, rest! Gosh I hope it get's better for you soon hun. Do you think it will improve after the 1st trimester?

Laura CD39!!!! I'd be peeing on sticks a plenty by now!!!! You never know - Frecks didn't you get your BFP not long after your odd cycle??

BC where are you in your wait?

Shirls you'll be in the dreaded 2ww soon! If not already! image

The fesitval is this weekend. We managed to park and walk yesterday about a half mile from the entrance and I seemed to do OK, but every twinge makes me worry. We have fold out chairs so I tried to sit as much as possible during the concert and take it easy. We're back out there today and Muse are headlinig tonight (my favourite!) so not sure I'll be able to sit down during that :\) I've had no spotting as yet so things are remainig positive.

Jay I will wait until next Friday when I'll be 6w to call the doctor and book in my scan for the following Friday or Monday after that so I can see the HB, I will be about 7w when I go in then - although I ov'd late so will be about 3-4 days behind where they think I should be. I just don't want to do anything before hand as they will try and take bloods and remember last time when my HCG didn't rise emough and I just knew I was waiting to MC - I can't do that again - I know I might be burying my head in the sand but I am just happy to know I am PG and that I have no spotting and I want to try not to analysis everything. They won't be able to tell me anything before the HB is visible in any case so there is no point in having a scan any earlier either. I know this from them scanning me the last 2 mc's at variou very ealry stages.

I hope you all feel a bit better soon girls I'll jump on agian tomorrow to see how you're all doing. xxx

• Options
    So its now CD40 and after a relaxed month of not thinking about dates opks and everything else i torment myself with i decided the time had come to put myself out of my misery and test..... BFP! I'm in shock, i'm shaking and dont know what to do with myself! OH is off today thank goodness so were gonna spend the day together and digest the news! We are over the moon but at the same time we cant believe it! imageimageimage

Will catch up with you all later xxx
  • Options
    OMG...that is fantastic news Laura!!!!! YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH!
    (Maybe I should stop rubbing Sheila soon or the entire world will fall pregnant image........BC/Shirls, hopefully she'll work her magic for you too!)
    I'm so happy for you hun. These things always happen when you least expect. Put your feet up hun and take it easy.
    Your news has really cheered me up :\). I have been awake since 7 again and the morning/afternoon/evening/all the bloody time sickness has kicked in again for the day I guess. I have never felt so rough in all my life. My mouth is constantly full of that horrible saliva you get when you are about to throw up, I can't move at all without wanting to run to the bathroom and I have the runs on top of it all. Have asked OH to have a word with his future child!!

Anyway, Hope you are enjoying your concert Bob. Jay glad you are perking up a bit.

xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh laura.... I just knew it!!! Congrats Hun..xxx

I'm at my mums, she was 60 yesterday so I'm a little tired and hungover lol! Battery about to die on phone, but just wanted to reply to the happy news!!!!

Hope the rest of the gg's are having a good day... Catch up properly tomorrow xxx
  • Options
    WOOOOHOOOOOOO congrats laura hun thats fab news xxxxxxxx Im soooooo pleased for you xx
    Now take things easy as much as you can especially with your work shifts!! Do you have to tell work straight away?

Oh Frecks hun hope you start to feel better soon. I know its difficult but dont forget to drink loads of water cos if its coming out of both ends then you will get dehydrated very easily and we dont want you back at A&E again now do we!!

Hope youre enjoying the concert BOB and also taking it easy! xx

Shirls - hows the hangover? Sounds like you need to rest up too! hehe xx

So just shirls and BC to go now and then all the GGs will be pg xx woohooo
  • Options
    whhhoooooo hooooooo! Ha ha ha I knew it - CD40 - honestly I'm surprised you didn't give birth before you found out :lol: Ah, well done Laura!!!!!

Well Shirls is right behind you with her BFP after working magic on her cbfm! So Shirls you and Frecks need to drink lots of water it sounds like - for different reasons of course!

BC how are you pet?

Muse were fab as always, I had a little jump around but all seems ok with beany - thank god - I was terribly withheld though for me image

Really pleased for you Laura - OMG Frecks is 2 months behind Jay, I am 1 month behind Frecks (if that!) Laura you are a month behind me!!!! Yay! Now shirls and BC it's your turn.

GG's what are our EDD's? My is June 12th from AF or June 15th from OV. Doc will go from AF though as we know, so I will always measure a few days short but at least I know that!

Have a lovely day girls and I hope you start to feel better Frecks - Send your oh out to get the sea bands for your wrists, it's the acupressure bands and I have been trying them this weekend as I felt sick quite badly Friday - maybe it will help the nausea, you have nothing to lose! Then that might be one end sorted out - I think on that front though your either clogged up or runny when pg! TMI I know! image
  • Options
    Hi everyone, had such a lovely day today. We just got in the car and drove! Ended up at the giants causeway, it was so relaxing and all the fresh air was great!

I've been trying to work out edd but with my cycles getting longer over the past few months i'm not sure if its right! Its telling me 15th-17th June! As my last af started on 1st sep, does that seem right? BOB we might be able to cheer each other on at the end literallyl!

Jay i dont want to tell too early but with the type of work i do and the amount of times i'm dodging punches i think i'm gonna have to tell soon. Until then i'm just gonna try and steer clear of the unpredictable people!

Freckle how are you feeling now? Hope your doin better. Your getting all the credit for this one, Sheila has worked her magic again! I'm with everyone else on the fluid intake, diluting juice is good cause it sorts out your electrolytes and has vitamins and minerals water doesnt on its own.

Shirls get the diluting juice into you too! Hope the night was worth the hangover! I dont mind the hangover bit as long as i've had a good one!

Thankyou all so much for all your positive thoughts and coaching and freckle giving sheila a good rub of course! I dont know how i'm gonna keep the grin off my face tomorrow in work! Got a long day tomorrow so gonna hit the sack! Night night! xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh, so Laura if you go on AF alone you're edd would be before mine as my af was 5th Sept! But when did you ov? I would use that as your cycles have been so long, I know you didn't use opk's this month but when was your 'big blob of ewcm'? (your words!!! :lol: ).

If you go on af though, I just looked it up on FF and you're due on my birthday!!!!! June 8th! image If you can remember your ewcm episode date though we may be due at the same time!!! image I ov'd on the 22nd as I had a late ov for me this month. How exciting! image
  • Options
    Hi girls, well what an exciting weekend with laura getting her BFP!
    So what are we going to do when shirls and BC get their BFPs? Are we going to move this thread to the pregnancy forum? There is no way i want to lose contact with any of you!! xx

My friend who moved to San Francisco 3 years ago is being induced today. She sent me a message saying that she was being induced a week before her due date as apparently she had gestational diabetes last time and they dont want to take any risks this time. I cant wait! All so exciting.

Shirls you got over your hangover yet? hehe xx
  • Options
    Funny Jay I was thinking that last night, what we will do when we're all up the duff! Not sure where we'll move it to? I think the general pregnancy forum would be a good move. I was also thinking that I will need to come over next year with my l/o to see family and perhaps we could all meet up in the UK somewhere! :\)
  • Options
    Hi girls!!

Well I've Had a shit day lol! 4dpo and sods law u got a letter from the hospital saying I needed to go to the colposcopy dept for tests. Long story short, lots of post bd bleeding and history of naughty cervical cells have kept me visiting hospitals for the last ten years!

Anyway, called this morning to get an appointment and they said they had a cancellation at 4pm today!!! So... I went along and the doctor ( who has seen me over the years) had to take two biopsy's from my cervix image I'm in quite a lot of pain now, and so worried that it will affect my chances this month! Doctor said the procedure was safe in pregnancy, but what about if my little cytoblast hadnt implanted yet? Surely this would have traumatised it ;( poor oh was trying to keep me upbeat, but I was a little freaked - but didn't want to not go today as it was a miracle to be seen so quick on the nhs!!!

Sorry for rambling, but I'm a bit in shock right now...and a bit worried image

next year meet would be brilliant...certainly up for that!!

Hope everyone is doing ok today... And sorry this post is a bit "all about me" xx