Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON 4

Replies

• Options
    Afternoon girls !!

Just a quick one - work is non stop this week ... blimey!

J - I think you are filling out a little more in the top half of your tummy - does that even make sense LOL!

We need a Judge Judy in this country - she'd sort out the feral YOOFS!! I watch it all the time, and get really disappointed when it's one I've already seen LOL ... I'm a saddo!

I'm still getting highs on cbfm, but CP has shifted to really high and soft, so I'm just waiting on that EWCM and will get pouncing even if cbfm doesn't show a peakimage

Where are you all girls.... it's gone quite - I guess we are all busy on the treadmill of life!

Speaking of which, I need to go do a vat return..tee hee!

Hope you are all having a lovely day ...xxx
  • Options
    Hello girlies!

Sorry about the absence but OH and I were in Dubai having a look about and meeting OHs future colleagues. OMG Dubai is the biggest let down....one massive construction site. I was shocked why people would actually pay good money to go there on holiday. I think the hotels are probably world class as are the malls but there is hardly any culture evident. We didn't get to see the old town so maybe I need to explore a bit more but I was seriously confused on day one.
    Day two was a bit better but the accommodation in general is not of a great standard but double London prices. Weather was scorching, I was as sick as a parrot and dog tired so we didn't really get to wander very far in the evenings.
    My trousers are starting to get really uncomfortable and I'm worried that I am putting on too much weight (5 llbs so far! image ) I am totally put off by food one minute and then I demolish everything in site two secs later. I'm in good form apart from that and the stinking cold I managed to get from OH.
    It's really weird...switched on my CBFM today and I'm on CD50!!!

Laura....did you get your results back yet? I really hope you are doing okay image. The wedding is mainly under control now but I'm sure some hiccups will happen. As long as I end up with a ring on my finger I'm happy. First wedding is in under three weeks!!!

Jay...I love your little bump. So are you wearing maternity clothes yet?

Bob...how goes all with you? I can just imagine you lining up the sticks to pee on. Any symptoms? Remember I had no symtoms whatsoever. How is that rubbish office of yours?

BC...did you get your + yet?

Shirls...I think it so funny that you don't live with OH! You must be really excited about moving in. Any sign of your peak yet?

Anyhow, have to go and raid the fridge ( kidding). Talk to you soon girls. Happy BDing and lots of babydust that won't even come off with scrubbing!!! imageimage

xxx

• Options
    HI Girls will catch up properly tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know I'm still around but got 'laid off' today - we all know why! Not redundancy in any way you look at it, they are now in big trouble. :x
  • Options
    OMG!!! What a massive error on their part... You take it all the way Hun!

Thinking of you...xx
  • Options
    WTF BOB? That just makes me so cross! I would definately take it all the way as really doesnt sound right to me!
    Although (and youre probably going to cyber slap me for saying this) on the bright side you should get a nice redundancy pay off and you'll be out of there!! Does make you wonder whether HR knew at the time you were going to be laid off and therefore didnt take your complaint as seriously as they should have? Sounds very similar to whenI got made redundant from Amex, apart from the complaint part of it. They made me do massive projects to show that i was capable of doing the job but they had already made their decision before i had finished the projects!! I found this out after i had signed the redundancy package so there was nothing i could do about it. Turned out that it was probably one of the best things i ever did as i got a similar job a couple of months later for almost double the money and less stress!!
    I know its not exactly the same situation hun but i sort of know partly what you are going through xx Big hugs xx Have a large glass of wine tonight x

Frecks - oh yeah forgot you were going to Dubai for a scout around. So wasnt what you expected aye? Well im sure once youre actually out there all will be fine and youll make some friends quickly x Might be worthwhile finding out if they have any mother & baby groups or similar out there??
    My appetite is still shocking hun so i really wouldnt worry. I just eat little and often. Apparently my sister said she was the same! I can never finish a whole meal of an evening either and dh has to give me child size portions. Oh and the weight thing, if youre anything like me then you will fluctuate on those 5 lbs so i wouldnt worry too much. So whens your next midwife appointment? Have you had a date through yet for your 12 week scan? Ive got my 20 week scan on 29th October.

Shirls - any change with your CM yet? Hope youre still getting loads of bding in just in case! haha Im quite jealous of the bding actually. DH and I have only done the deed once since i got my bfp and im getting quite frustrated. I mentioned it to him last night and he said that he was trying to consider my feelings and whether i might not want to incase he hurts me or something. Which is sweet of him but boy do i need a good seeing to!! haha

BC and laura - how are things with you?

Oh i almost forgot to tell you that i had a really weird dream last night about giving birth to a baby boy and when he came out he was a bit disfigured and then all of a sudden he was absolutely gorgeous. Then a few days later he was a huge baby and could walk and talk?? Hmmm thats just strange! Maybe im going to have a boy?? xx
  • Options
    That's really rubbish Bob. Were you the only person laid off? Or was it a cr*p effort to get rid of you. Tend to agree with Jay. At least now you can get your teeth into a decent redundancy package and you don't ever have to go back to that dump. Make sure they don't mess up your reference!!

Jay...I think Dubai is really geared towards kids and there are buckets of Mums babies and bumps groups so hopefully I will meet some decent people. Apparently things can be a bit "cliquey" and you are measured by the car you drive and the rock on your finger....not my cup of tea at all. Just feeling a little negative and scared about the whole thing. What happens if I hate it???? Having this little baby is the most important thing for me now and in a weird way I am nervous that living the precious first years of its life in Dubai will be far from perfect. Anyway, I'm just feeling miserable. Having a stinking horrible cold. I have my next scan on Monday 10th October at nine weeks. I will probably be seen again three weeks later at 12 weeks also. Still struggling with my Lupus but fingers crossed I don't end up in hospital again.

Hope the rest of you girlies are having a good day?

xxx
  • Options
    No big package Jay - they gave me 4 weeks, and as much as I'd like to think it had nothing to do with the complaint, it most certainly did. I am most certainly not redundant, I had 56 items of work in progress on my WIP report and 580k of savings in progress - if that's redundant I think half the world would be out of work. This is pure and simple retaliation. I do think it's a good thing as now I can sue them, they have made one too many mistakes and I cannot believe they are letting him do this.

Well on a brighter note I am hoping likes Frecks that my distinct lack of symptoms means a bfp! Not holding out much hope though, I will test tomorrow, i'll be 9dpo (a little early but you never know) - as these things go I will probably get my bfp as I don't have a job and won't get any mat leave now!

So Frecks you're not impressed with Dubia? I haven't been but are there any nicer places to live in the suburbs? I forget - how long do they want you to stay there? I bet that was a exhausting trip even without being pg!

Laura - get on the new laptop! How are you hun? Any results back yet?

BC any sign of a +ve yet, are you bding every other day? How is the kitten doing - what's her name?

Shirls ov is getting close! Get to it hun image

Jay keep posting the pics - I hope I'm at that stage sometime soon :\)
  • Options
    Happy Friday morning girls!!

Super excited this weekend, my mummy is coming up on Sunday and I'm taking her to see michael buble for her birthday treat! Still no peak on cbfm but it's only cd18 today and last month was a 40 day cycle!

Bob.. So sorry about your "redundancy". Did u manage to print any reports to substantiate your wip? It's certainly an employers Market at the moment, but this is as blatant as it gets!

J.. So did u get your good seeing to yet lol?! I'm a rabbit at the best of times, oh best not hold out on me when I get my bfp lol.. I'll be climbing the Walls!

Frecks... I can understand your nervousness, but I'm sure once you are settled out there everything will be fine. I'm sure there will be some women who are partners of hubbys colleagues that will show u the ropes? I'm envious.. My baby will grow up in south London... What fun... Not!

BC.. Why cd are you Hun? Hopefully we can compare 2ww symptom spotting lol!

J... They do say dreams get more vivid!!

Bob,... Ooohhhh... Good luck testing today Hun!!! Will look out for your bfp :0)

have a great day girls xxx
  • Options
    Hey girls...just a quick one. Ended up in A&E again last night :\(
    Not a happy bunny at all. Took the day off work today to rest. I am so frustrated although on a positive note the pain has subsided a bit today and I had one mega sleep this morning.

Will log on later to see how you are all doing!

xxx
  • Options
    So did you get a solicitor yet BOB? Sounds to me as though you have grounds to sue for wrongful dismissal!! Anyhoo did you test this morning or are you going to wait for Sat morning? Actually i dont know why i just asked that question cos ive just looked at the time and youre probably still in bed! doh ah well hun let us know how it goes when you do test. I know you probably wont be able to hold out for another day seeing as you are a poasaholic hehe xx

Nope havent had my seeing to yet Shirls! humph I might jump him tonight maybe, although as its payday hes going down the pub so will....
    A, Get brewers droop and wont be able to perform
    B, Get annoyingly over the top fruity and just breathe his stinky breath all over me so i just wont feel like it then.
    We shall see i guess! haha

Frecks - oh no thats terrible that you ended up back in A&E. Well have a good rest today hun and sending you lots of love and hugs xxxxxxxxx

Wheres laura and BC? Theyve been very quiet this week!

Do you know what? NO i hear you say! I definately think now that im having a boy cos i was watching the football last night with DH (Liverpool) and whilst it was on i could feel baby move loads and then when the half time break came on it stopped. Then started back up again for the second half. Either that or its going to be a girl but a Tom Boy!! haha

Well if i dont speak to you then have a good weekend ladies. I might actually try and log on this weekend to see how everyone is doing. Plus if BOB is going to be testing this weekend then I want to be around for her BFP!! hehe xxxx
  • Options
    Wow - what a day!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    So first things first shhhhhhhhhh I got my bfp today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be my 4th bfp this year - god girls this one better stick or I think that's it for me.

I honestly didn't think we'd done it this month, I had very few symptoms and (o)(o) not really sore at all until today. I've had some nausea, a few cramps but nothing major - it's very very early days though yet, I will only be 4w tomorrow so I need to get to 6 and then the 12w mark and I will feel better. With all the stress I'm surprised it's hung in there, maybe it's a good sign that this one's a little fighter!

2nd I spent 3 hours with an attorney today going over everything and she thinks I have a fairly good case!

3rd I had to turn all my laptop and stuff back in at work and everyone was telling me how outrageous it all was and the CFO even said I should sue them!!!! I got lots of hugs and sorrys which was nice and confirmation that no one in the US office had approved my termination! Two people even recommended me for jobs to their friends that they knew about.

Oh Frecks - how are you feeling hun? I think you need to slow down a little - I know you have lots to do before you go but you will have to look after yourself first hun.

Shirls I hope you get your high soon.

Jay maybe it is a boy! If my beany hangs in there our l/o's will be 3 months apart and Frecks' and mine will be one month apart! Then I know Shrils, Laura and BC are right behind us!

BTW - I'm not going to put out a bfp for now or go to any DI forums, I'm staying here until this bean is good and sticky! My EDD is June 15th a week after my birthday! image

Oh and Frecks I took your lead and we didn't use any preseed this month for the first time in a long while and it seeemd to do the trick. image
  • Options
    Omg omg omg omg omg omg.....!!!!!!!

Sorry, that wasn't quite shhhhhhhh... But I'm so happy for you I could cry! Praying it's a sticky one Hun, you so deserve this!!

FC for you Hun xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Shirls, I'm now on knicker watch! image

How's the cbfm coming along?
  • Options
    OMG!!!! I've been away from this thread for too long!!!! BOB I'm so thrilled for you I've just burst into tears! CONGRATULATIONS PET!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I've been really tired with working 10 hour days and then last week I've had the worst flu/chest infection and I just can't seem to shift it at all!
    Your BFP has made me feel a whole lot better though BOB! I have got fingers, toes, arms and legs all crossed for you that this is your sticky bean, you and your hubby deserve this soooooooooo much! Especially after all the poop you've been through with work.
    As for the knicker watch, after all the bleeds I've had at the start I've pretty much been on knicker watch for the past 6 and a bit months!!
    Jay your bump looks lovely pet!
    Frecks, I can't wait to see yours! You must be so excited for the wedding now!
    Laura and Shirls, fingers crossed this thread turns out to be super lucky and you get your BFP's this month, how amazing would that be?! xx
  • Options
    Ah thanks MrsR and C! We really need this one to hang in there! Was super excited when we found out, now we are just worried about it, I know I have to try and stay positive though and just take it a step at a time. I need to remember how brave your were during those early days and look where you are now! As the doctor told me each pg is different and I have every possibility of having a normal pg this time. :\)

Is there anything you can try to help clear your chest - some menthol in hot water and inhale??? Is that OK when pg??
  • Options
    Hehehe I tried the menthol/steam inhalation yesterday BOB but I think I put too much menthol in cos all I succeeded in doing was burning my eyes! Ouch!!
    Have you got an appt to see your doctor yet? xx
  • Options
    No I was going to wait until 6w to book anything, I will then have a scan at 7w ish. I don't want them running tests this time as all it did last time was prewarn me I was about to mc as the hcg was dropping and then I had to wait it out so I have decided to go au naturel, take my vitamins and aspirin as instructed and see if I get to 6w first then I will call the doctor. :\)
  • Options
    OMG Bob I am over the moon for you. imageimageimage
    Yeah....Yeah.......Yeah
    I had a really funny feeling that you would do it this month. That's fantastic news and it's Murphy's Law with you too.......the month you stop working and you fall pregnant. Our little babies will only be a fews weeks apart in age!
    NOW LISTEN LADY AND LISTEN GOOD......take the opportunity now that you are not working to put your feet up and rest. Don't stress or worry about work. It's not worth it now. Let your attorney do her job but you keep out of it as much as you can. Let OH handle the rough stuff. It is more than likely that this little bean will hang in there but you take it easy. Maybe you should give your doc a quick call all the same to make sure that you are doing everything that you can and that they can schedule you for an early scan about six weeks. I'm sure you are probably classed high risk too with your previous history and medical notes and it won't do any harm to get the ball rolling. Isn't it weird that when you just "relax" ( I hate saying that!!!!!) a little, things just happen image . I didn't feel any symptoms at all and to be honest I was so caught up in organising weddings that I wasn't really checking. Can't beat the feeling of seeing those lines!! I bet OH is delighted.

Mrs R...good to hear from you!!! Can't believe you are six months already. How are you doing??

BC, Shirls, Laura......lots of BFPs going on so catch some of this babydust fast. It's the extra sticky kind and very potent!!!!!

I'm doing okay. Still in ridiculous pain especially in the evenings so not sleeping too well but hoping to hear from my consultant Monday. Starting to pee in the middle of the night which doesn't help. Feeling quite sick but counting that as a positive. My boobies feel like huge watermelons with extra sensitive nips thrown on!!!! Did the chinese gender predictor and it told me I was having a girl. Jay and Bob .....do it too and see what it says. I saw an experiment someone did on how to work out the sex using "old wives tales" etc ...wedding ring on string, chinese gender calendar and three others. The chinese calendar got 4/5 right and the wedding ring got 5/5 right!!!!!

Anyhow, hope you are all having agood weekend!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi girls.. Having a very lazy Sunday morning, still in bed!! Taking mum out tonight, should be fun!

Still no peak on cbfm.. Looks like another loooong cycle for me this month image bit I have hope!!

Bob I'm still smiling so wide for you...!! Echo everything frecks has said! Everything happens for a reason, and you were obviously meant to be done with the day in day out work drama befor getting your bfp... So enjoy it for a while Hun!

Frecks, sorry you aren't feeling too great, fc for Monday Hun. As for the boobies... Mine feel like watermelons most of the time, so totally empathise lol! Oooohhh... Do we all secretly want little girls!?

J... I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.. Get this weeks bump picture up soon lol!

BC and Laura... Come on girls, we gotta go get those bfp's!!

Happy sunday..!

Xxx
  • Options
    WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOO CONGRATS BOB - sorry i just couldnt help getting a bit over excited then!! x Oh i'm sososososo pleased for you! Although im going to nick some of the credit and put it down to the sticky babydust that i dumped over your head and got stuck in your ear! hehe xx
    And good news about your attorney thinking youve got a good case. Lets hope you get loads of compensation and your old boss gets the sack himself! haha
    So if youre due 15th June that makes you exactly 3 months behind me as i'm due 15th March!! How cool is that! AND i didnt have symptoms either. I just thought AF was going to arrive! This WILL be a sticky one this time hun im sure of it. I told you, you were waiting until Frecks and I got our BFPs and then you would get yours!
    So just laura, shirls and BC to get their bfps now!
    Like Frecks says though take it easy hun x oooooo im soooooooo excited xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So Frecks - i hope youre taking it easy too?? The peeing in the night thing OMG....i'm still getting up a minimum of twice a night now!! I cant remember the last time i slept right through the night without having to get up for a pee! oh the joys but will be worth it in the end. Might try the calendar thing and the wedding ring theories out and see if they work or not. Only 4 weeks til my scan so will find out if theyre right then!
    You did make me chuckle about the boobs like watermelons too hun x haha I went to M&S yesterday with my mum and thought i should get measured as my boobs have grown. Well i think she got it wrong as she put me in a 38G!!!!!! I mean thats just bloomin ridiculous AND she didnt even measure me with a tape or anything! She just went and got me different bra sizes which i could have done myself. Needless to say i didnt get the bras and decided to go get measured somewhere else another time. 38G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pah i dont think so

And that was just one part of my eventful day yesterday. I would have logged on yesterday but for the following reasons i didnt.....ok i shall start at the beginning, although you might want to make yourselves a cuppa before you carry on reading............
    OK so DH and I were going to pop to the tiling place to pick some tiles for the front of the house as we're mending it from where the bricks fell out due to frost and next doors buiilding work vibrations. Before we went my mum had phoned to see if i wanted to go shopping to Tunbridge Wells. So I said yes but dh and i had to go to pick tiles first. So dh and i picked a few samples and the guy who was serving us packed them up for us. Whilst he was packing them up for us i picked up a brochure that was on the counter and the pages fell open to a full page spread of blokes with their todgers hanging out! Well my eyes just popped out of my head and i was just almost wetting myseld laughing. I asked the guy if this was supposed to be in the brochure and the poor thing just went bright red and was highly embarrassed and said no it wasnt. I just thought it was hilarious but the poor guy just didnt know what to say. So dh and i left the poor red faced guy and went home. I went straight round to my mums so we could go shopping. The second we were about to walk out the door the phone rings and its my nan's number. My nan has got dementia and my poor mum spends almost every day sorting her out for one reason or another, even though they have carers going in. It was my nans neighbour who had popped in to see my nan and grandad and she said that my nan was blleding heavily from down below. So of course we have to go down there to check she is ok and that it wasnt just poo (she had complained of bleeding from down there before and it turned out it was poo! The doctor got called and everything). So when we got down there turned out it was poo! urgh i stayed outside until it had been cleared up as there was no way i could stomach the smell of adult poo! Apparently she got it everywhere, even on her dressing table?? Dont ask me how she got it there as i havent got a clue!!
    Anyway my mum cleaned her up and then one of the carers arrived. We were talking about a man who lived in the village who turned out to be a paedophile and he has just been found guilty of this. During the conversation my aunt arrived (call her aunt 1) and wanted to know what we were talking about so told her and said that the whole story was on the front page of the local newspaper. She said that she had that newspaper in her car and so sent me out to go get the newspaper. On my way out my other aunt (aunt 2) and her husband and grandkids arrived. I got the newspaper and was on my way back in when aunt 2 came out and asked me where i got the sign for my grandad. Well at this point i didnt have a clue what she was talking about and asked her what she meant and she pointed at a car number plate. (she had an aneorism (sp?) a few years ago and now finds it difficult to explain what she means). Turns out she was asking me where i bought the number plate i got for my grandads motorised scooter as she wanted to buy one for her husband from the grandkids. The scooter they have they bought from my grandad anyway as he doesnt use it anymore. So i said to her why dont you just use the one thats already on the scooter but she aunt 1 wanted it back. So i said whats it got to do with her as its not even her number plate. I bought it for my grandad as a present!!
    In the meantime my mum has come out to get the newspaper closely followed by aunt 1, Aunt 1 says "we're getting the number plate back Jay", so of course i say "no we're not cos aunt 2 is keeping it on the scooter" and all hell breaks loose. AUnt 1 completely loses the plot and then both aunts have a slanging match outside the front of my nans house. OMG it was embarrasing. My mum stopped them shouting and screaming at each other and took Aunt 1 off in the car for her to calm down. She then dropped mum back to my nans and went off to do her food shopping. So mum and i then went off to do our shopping but decided to go somewhere nearer as it was about 1ish by this time and thought it too late to go to tunbridge wells. On the way mum explained that having the number plate on the back of the scooter created bad memories for Aunt 1 as when my Uncle(her brother) was alive he drove around in my grandads scooter which of course had the number plate on the back. My Uncle died May last year, 2 days after my wedding, of cirrhosis (sp?) of the liver, kidney failure, cellulitus, poor heart, hep c amongst other things. The poor man never drank in his life and was only 52! Had i of known this i would probably have said to Aunt 2 to try and get another number plate but to get something slightly different so doesnt remind Aunt 1.
    So Mum and I get back to hers after the trip to M&S and there was a message from Aunt 1 on the phone saying " I cant believe you got to keep the number plate". I think she meant to leave it for Aunt 2 but dialled the wrong number!
    About half hour after we got back Aunt 1 phoned and my mum was saying about what had happened and thart it wasnt reeally anyones fault but she wasnt having any of it and was still blaming Aunt 2 (they both hate each other!!). My mum passed the phone over to me as i think she wanted me to say what Aunt 2 had said to me but Aunt 1 just said she had to go make dinner for her husband and then put the phone down on me! So i now cant be bothered with it all and think its all just pathetic. I know she is still upset about my uncle (her brother) but to have this much hype over a number plate is just ridiculous and childish.

Phew told you it was going to be a long one!! haha. So my weekend has been quite eventful so far. Going over to see my friend from school now who I havent seen for over a year for a good gossip and catch up.

Speak to you tomorrow girls and congrats again BOB xxxxxxx